Broncos Vs. Bulldogs - Build Up Thread

Setu has played quite well the past 2 weeks ide like to see him keep his spot. i think one of lui or dodds will be dropped to Qcup should tronc be available.

Better not be Lui... Awesome player right there.

Yeah, if it comes down to one of Lui or Dodds, surely it will be Dodds who gets the drop.

Bucking Beads said:
I wonder if any of the boys will be sledging Hannant!!

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

All class

Can't catch a break can we, Wallace has such rubbish luck after playing a blinder!

Coxy said:
Looked like he copped an elbow to his throat?

And I was right.

BRONCOS champion Darren Lockyer feared he had permanently lost his voice after copping a heavy blow to his throat in yesterday's much-needed win against Cronulla.

Lockyer last night revealed the anxious moments he spent unsuccessfully attempting to get some sound out of his voicebox during Brisbane's morale-boosting 44-16 win over the hapless Sharks at Suncorp Stadium.

The record-breaking Australian Test skipper told how he feared permanent damage after being struck with a forearm to his throat when attempting a tackle on Sharks centre Taulima Tautai.

The incident, at the 64th-minute mark of his team's eight-try rout at Suncorp Stadium, left him reeling in clear distress as Sharks winger Isaac Gordon scored a runaway consolation try in the Broncos' 28-point win.

"Yeah, I was worried," Lockyer said. "The voice is not good at the best of times. I was a bit worried at first. For 10 seconds I lost my voice altogether, but it has settled down. I don't think there was anything deliberate in what happened."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5855202825

Coxy said:
Coxy said:

And I was right.

BRONCOS champion Darren Lockyer feared he had permanently lost his voice after copping a heavy blow to his throat in yesterday's much-needed win against Cronulla.

Lockyer last night revealed the anxious moments he spent unsuccessfully attempting to get some sound out of his voicebox during Brisbane's morale-boosting 44-16 win over the hapless Sharks at Suncorp Stadium.

The record-breaking Australian Test skipper told how he feared permanent damage after being struck with a forearm to his throat when attempting a tackle on Sharks centre Taulima Tautai.

The incident, at the 64th-minute mark of his team's eight-try rout at Suncorp Stadium, left him reeling in clear distress as Sharks winger Isaac Gordon scored a runaway consolation try in the Broncos' 28-point win.

"Yeah, I was worried," Lockyer said. "The voice is not good at the best of times. I was a bit worried at first. For 10 seconds I lost my voice altogether, but it has settled down. I don't think there was anything deliberate in what happened."

How is that not a penalty/on report?

The amount of injuries is unbelievable. Hoffman, Gillett, Yow Yeh, Wallace, Locky all looked like they were carrying injuries at one point, But Hoffman, locky and Gillett seem to recover. Yow Yeh still looked like he wasn't running properly on that knee and obviously Wallace is out for a few games. Yippee, keep them coming. Hopefully Hunt starts in Wallace's position. Bit of luck for him I think.

Browny said:
Coxy said:
Coxy said:

And I was right.

How is that not a penalty/on report?

Apparently it was accidental - I haven't seen it myself but if it was then it should just be a penalty at most, if that.

I hope Hunt gets the opportunity, firstly.
Secondly I hope Ivan gives him the assurance the position is his to lose until Wallace returns.

And then I hope he realises he has to take it with both hands and use it. Play with confidence and show what he's capable of. He can't go into it playing conservatively to try and not make mistakes, because when he's tentative, Ben Hunt is ordinary.

4-6 weeks playing alongside Locky...any young halfback would kill for that opportunity. He has to make the absolute most of it, or I think the Broncos will doubt he is the future successor afterall.

The Rock said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2ox18bt5]Most likely will be Alex Glenn in the 7!

If Wallace is out and if Henjak puts Glenn at 7 and Hunt on the bench, I will lose ALL faith in Henjak.

Hunt has been given enough games off the bench, if Wallace is out then he should slot straight into the number 7 jersey, no questions asked. He needs to play for the full 80, no point in sitting the poor bugger on the sideline's for 25 minutes, sitting in the cold, nervous as hell, watching both teams beat each other up. Hunt MUST start at 7, end of story.[/quote:2ox18bt5]

I agree - I don't want to go drone on about melb last year but I said before the game it was the wrong move. It is a MUST.

Coxy said:
I hope Hunt gets the opportunity, firstly.
Secondly I hope Ivan gives him the assurance the position is his to lose until Wallace returns.

And then I hope he realises he has to take it with both hands and use it. Play with confidence and show what he's capable of. He can't go into it playing conservatively to try and not make mistakes, because when he's tentative, Ben Hunt is ordinary.

4-6 weeks playing alongside Locky...any young halfback would kill for that opportunity. He has to make the absolute most of it, or I think the Broncos will doubt he is the future successor afterall.

Well said Coxy. After seeing him have that little stint a few games back I don't think he will be timid. I think he will come out strong and show us what he's made of.

I predict Hunt will play a blinder, the way he played out of dummy half against the Dragons gives me loads of confidence in him. Shame about Wallace it seems everytime he decides to play well he gets injured. Also I hope Norman plays QLD cup this weekend as 5/8th where he belongs IMO.

The Rock said:
Well if Hunt has 3-4 weeks to prove himself, then this is it. If he doesn't really impress then my suspicious will be right.

Who else is in line for Locky's 6?

Furthermore - Is Wallace the real deal or not? Can he be the on-field general once he is gone?

Ben Hunt is the little general!! Wallace will move to the 6 when Lockyer retires IMO. Wallace will be better in the 6 he plays much better when out wide.

The Rock said:
First question, I don't know.

Second question, no. He is not a dominant player, he will direct the team around and put our centre's through holes, but he won't stamp his authority in the game and come up with creative players or match winning players.

My mate reckons the same about Wallace...

I say give him a full season without Locky to see what he is really made of.

However I don't think he will be "THE" man... we need to either come up with a gun half or buy someone IMO. (If Hunt is not the answer)

By then we're supposedly going to have some names in the forwards and our back-line should fairly remain the same.

Professor47 said:
The Rock said:
Well if Hunt has 3-4 weeks to prove himself, then this is it. If he doesn't really impress then my suspicious will be right.

My guess would be Norman

draggx said:
Professor47 said:
The Rock said:

My guess would be Norman

I think that's a good guess.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Ondi
  • Kev_Guz
  • Dash
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Thelmus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Financeguy
  • Justwin
  • TimWhatley
  • Spoon
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.