Broncos Vs. Bulldogs - Build Up Thread

I'm sick of Henjak naming a forward in the centres and then bringing on a back off the bench midway through the first half. If they're good enough to play in the backline for 60 minutes, they may as well be there for 80.

But trying to read Ivan's mind here.. when McCullough comes off, Hunt will go to dummy half and Norman will come on and play in the halves. If that's what he's thinking, I don't agree with those tactics at all.

ps. if Norman gets a start over Ben Hunt in the halves I'll be very, very surprised. This is the chance Hunt deserves, playing alongside Locky with a host of other experienced players around him.

Where the crap is Copley?!?!?! How do Michaels and Beale deserver to be in before Copley?

I agree about Copley. I'd have him at number 3 with Te'o on the bench. And bring in Hala/Mcguire for the fourth bench spot. Otherwise the team is spot on.

No, he is going to start Michaels in the centres.

Where the frig is Sims !!!!?????

We really need some more size on that bench

That's a pathetic bench. Pathetic.

Regardless of what Ivan thinks of Sims, he has to bite the bullet and include him in the team for this match.

We need every bit of experience out there that we can muster !!

At first I didn't agree with Norman on the bench, but now I think about it he would be OK utility value, can cover halves, outside backs and hooker if need be.

Beale and Michaels shouldn't be there. I'd bring in Michael Spence, he's been very impressive for Redcliffe so far this season and would bring some much needed size to the bench.

I would just like to say no comment on the bench selected!!

I would prefer another big man on the bench, but its not that different to what was selected against the chooks when Hunt and Beale were on the bench... Beale will come on in the centers, te'o moves to the backrow for thaiday to push up to prop to partner Anderson who joins him off the bench... our backrow plays 80mins, it allows us to get away with a small bench...

if you remove anderson, then that is the worst defense within a bench I have ever seen. Michaels, Beale, Norman & Setu are all horrible defenders.

Setu actually tackles well it is his rushing out of the line that destroys him IMO. Regardless the bench is horrible really really need another prop on it. Whether it be Hala, McGuire, Spence or SIms

Bucking Beads said:
Setu actually tackles well it is his rushing out of the line that destroys him IMO. Regardless the bench is horrible really really need another prop on it. Whether it be Hala, McGuire, Spence or SIms
Spence is a backrower, we only had 1 prop on the bench last week as well...

Last week:

McCullough
Setu
Anderson
Beale

This week:

Norman
Setu
Anderson
Beale

not a hell of a lot of difference...

nopatience101 said:
Bucking Beads said:

Last week:

McCullough
Setu
Anderson
Beale

This week:

Norman
Setu
Anderson
Beale

Big difference IMO is the Sharks are a wooden spoon contender while the Dogs are a top 4 contender!

Bucking Beads said:
nopatience101 said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":6fx7lwnz]Setu actually tackles well it is his rushing out of the line that destroys him IMO. Regardless the bench is horrible really really need another prop on it. Whether it be Hala, McGuire, Spence or SIms

Last week:

McCullough
Setu
Anderson
Beale

This week:

Norman
Setu
Anderson
Beale

Big difference IMO is the Sharks are a wooden spoon contender while the Dogs are a top 4 contender![/quote:6fx7lwnz]

On a good day the Dogs are a top4 team. They are hit or miss lets see what side we face.

Bucking Beads said:
nopatience101 said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":38ljl3ji]Setu actually tackles well it is his rushing out of the line that destroys him IMO. Regardless the bench is horrible really really need another prop on it. Whether it be Hala, McGuire, Spence or SIms

Last week:

McCullough
Setu
Anderson
Beale

This week:

Norman
Setu
Anderson
Beale

Big difference IMO is the Sharks are a wooden spoon contender while the Dogs are a top 4 contender![/quote:38ljl3ji]
not the way they have been playing this year, sharks forward pack was better than dogs have named imo...

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Broncos Maestro
  • something
  • Fitzy
  • Tim K
  • simplythebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • eggstar10
  • Bronx48
  • Dash
  • Stix
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • mystico
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.