Broncos Vs. Bulldogs - Build Up Thread

draggx said:
Professor47 said:
The Rock said:
Well if Hunt has 3-4 weeks to prove himself, then this is it. If he doesn't really impress then my suspicious will be right.

Who else is in line for Locky's 6?

My guess would be Norman

Norman?! dang man... there needs to be a bloody proper 2nd tier competition --> of course there are a whole bunch of players overseas so that doesn't help.

The age gap between the veterans and youngsters are amazing.

Professor47 said:
draggx said:
Professor47 said:
The Rock said:
Well if Hunt has 3-4 weeks to prove himself, then this is it. If he doesn't really impress then my suspicious will be right.

My guess would be Norman

Norman?! dang man... there needs to be a bloody proper 2nd tier competition --> of course there are a whole bunch of players overseas so that doesn't help.

If you're good enough you're old enough.

Professor47 said:
draggx said:
Professor47 said:
The Rock said:

My guess would be Norman

What was Locky when he started again? 18 i think

draggx said:
Professor47 said:
draggx said:
Professor47 said:
The Rock said:

My guess would be Norman

These guys aint no Lockyers!!! :mrgreen:

Is it possible for us to get Hunt to play well for us against the dogs but to not show any potential to the opposition recruiters?!?!?!?!?!
I can just imagine him playing Kimmorley off the park and the Dog's rubbing their hands together thinking "oh yeah...lets sign this kid to a 3 year 1 mil contract....all our other recruits from Brisbane have been a success"

simmo77 said:
Is it possible for us to get Hunt to play well for us against the dogs but to not show any potential to the opposition recruiters?!?!?!?!?!
I can just imagine him playing Kimmorley off the park and the Dog's rubbing their hands together thinking "oh yeah...lets sign this kid to a 3 year 1 mil contract....all our other recruits from Brisbane have been a success"

don't worry we just signed him up for a further 2 years... he's not going anywhere :D

Professor47 said:
draggx said:
Professor47 said:
draggx said:
Professor47 said:
[quote="The Rock":3pc0fnby]Well if Hunt has 3-4 weeks to prove himself, then this is it. If he doesn't really impress then my suspicious will be right.

My guess would be Norman

These guys aint no Lockyers!!! :mrgreen:[/quote:3pc0fnby]

But Locky needed to develop as well. I can see Norman being a future champion.

I want to see hunt, not Norman replacing Wallace. I like what I saw of him in that Dragons game. Better not be Norman!

With Gillett and Wallace out injured this is the team i would go for.

01. Josh Hoffman - looked good at the back against the Sharks, he needs to back that effort up.
02. Antonio Winterstein
03. Dale Copley - leading try scorer in the Toyota Cup. didn't disgrace himself in the game he played in the NRL either, will be really good for his development.
04. Israel Folau
05. Jharal Yow Yeh
06. Darren Lockyer
07. Ben Hunt - This is his chance to really show us why he has been rated so highly and really cement his position as Lockys replacement when the great man retires.
08. Dunamis Lui - looked good in his 2 games so far
09. Andrew McCullough
10. Mitchell Dodds - been good defensively for us which is handy early in the match to set the tone, needs to show more in attack.
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Corey Parker
13. Alex Glenn - his best position IMO.

14. Scott Anderson - his best games for us have been when he is coming off the bench.
15. Ben Te'o
16. Lagi Setu
17. Josh Mcguire - time to give him another go in the top grade.

That looks just about right, not sure about dodds though.

I thought Kenny was due back this week as well. Broncos site does not have him listed as out injured.

*edit* ok he is mentioned in the article but not on the injury list. damn this season*

Courier Mail has him out a fortnight with the calf injury.

draggx said:
I thought Kenny was due back this week as well. Broncos site does not have him listed as out injured.

i read somewhere that he would be out for another 2 weeks, thats why I didn't include him... also if we signed Tronc and he was available this week i think we should include him.

steve michaels named on the extended bench!!!!! omg...

1. Hoffman
2. Winterstein
3. Te'o
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. Lui
9. McCullough
10. Dodds
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Setu
15. Anderson
16. Norman
17. Beale
18. Michaels

ffs. 3 backs now... jesus we are doomed.

What a weird team Ivan's named!

1. Hoffman
2. Winterstein
3. Te'o
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Hunt (woohoo!)
8. Lui
9. McCullough
10. Dodds
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Anderson
15. Setu
16. Norman
17. Beale
18. Michaels

THREE backs on the bench. Surely that's not how it will stay, surely not even 2 of them will make it.

Coxy said:
What a weird team Ivan's named!

1. Hoffman
2. Winterstein
3. Te'o
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Hunt (woohoo!)
8. Lui
9. McCullough
10. Dodds
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Anderson
15. Setu
16. Norman
17. Beale
18. Michaels

THREE backs on the bench. Surely that's not how it will stay, surely not even 2 of them will make it.

I dunno what to say really, I'm glad to see Hunt named at half but the fact Norman is on the bench does not confirm Hunt will play.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Ozired
  • Big Del
  • Manofoneway
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Socnorb
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • FACTHUNT
  • john1420
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.