Broncos Vs. Bulldogs *SPOILER*

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
ningnangnong said:
People need to remember we haven't really trained for a week.

I honestly beieve the Broncos are in with a good show for the premiership but they defence is a big problem IMO...

no ... not unless Melbourne, StGeorge, the Bulldogs and probably two or three others get disqualified for ... something ..

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
26-92 the past two games ... [eusa_clap.gi

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bull_Shark said:
why or should I say HOW can a side so loaded with talent ect actually GET WORSE as the season wears on ? Because that's what's happening with the Broncos ...

I use that game against the Warriors as the yardstick ... they've gotten progessively poorer since that round three win ...

I agree whole heartedly... Its as if the Broncos have said this is how good we are we won't play any better until we hAVE TOO...

Ps sorry for the poort yping I am blind drrunk

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bull_Shark said:
Beads6 said:
ningnangnong said:
People need to remember we haven't really trained for a week.

I honestly beieve the Broncos are in with a good show for the premiership but they defence is a big problem IMO...

no ... not unless Melbourne, StGeorge, the Bulldogs and probably two or three others get disqualified for ... something ..

I think your a tad negative.... We clearly have the attack to give the premiership a shake yet our defence continually lets us down... [icon_thumbs_do

T

titan4wests

BRL Player
Jun 12, 2008
personally i am proud of the effort the broncos have put in tonight, i thought it would be a lot worse...

sure they ran out of steam, but i dont think the scoreboard is a true indicator of how the game has gone...

remember, we are playing the team on top of the table and we were equal with them at the 55 minute mark despite having the most disrupted preperation in our history... they haven't trained together as a full squad for 3 weeks, not to mention no training for the last week...

i thought Lockyer has been great, a few bad reads in defence but that is always expected from him... he is by far the best 5/8 going around (unless you cound Thurston as a 5/8 then maybe not by that far)

post origin i think we will come good, maybe not win a premiership but we will figure in the later stages of the finals

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Flu or no flu, origin or no origin, if the Broncos continue to put in performances like that (bar one or two people), they will get dominated the rest of the season. Sure we are doing well on the table at the moment, but the big 3 real contenders this year have all beaten us, and our defence is nothing short of pathetic.

Young guys like Winterstien and Setu need to step up to the plate and realise this is the NRL - you can't jsut turn up every week and because you are in a Broncos jersey you are going to get a win.

Defence wins championships, and judging by how the Broncos are going we will be flat out making the top 8 if the pitiful defence continues.

ps. who has been getting in Parker's ear and told him he had a good flick pass on him? How about running forward instead of east-west.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Premiership 2009 Broncos show some faith baby.. CMON yo unow we have the team all we have to do is defend like no tomorrow...

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
the week off is a crap exuse for that they have trained together since november one week off means shit. What you lose your fitness or forget how to tackle in a week. It was like watching the toyota cup...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
jarro65 said:
We just need to spend an entire week on defence ... that is what is killing us at the moment.

No structure, no urgency, no communication

I doubt a week can reverse a tradition of generally sloppy defense - with rare exceptions.

Lots of posters make a joke of the term “well drilledâ€. So let's all laugh. How many tries have we conceded?

And perhaps we might also mention off loading and support play?

All we rely on is hunt out wide making the extra man and the odd short pass to a forward close to the line.

As for the Warriors match - they have done real well since then too - hardly a benchmark.

Our only excuse is that Henjak's in his first year - although with all the talent at his disposal ...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Beads6 said:
Premiership 2009 Broncos show some faith baby.. CMON yo unow we have the team all we have to do is defend like no tomorrow...

Haven't you heard? Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

T

titan4wests

BRL Player
Jun 12, 2008
Beads6 said:

I remember 2006 and the "slump" when just about EVERYONE had written the broncos off and i thought exactly what you said above... we had the team, and i showed faith... our defence eventually came together at the right time and... the rest is history

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
What a joke. Thaiday made 1 hitup for 1m in that game. Although he did make 33 tackles. Still not exceptable!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
DEFENCE, DEFENCE, DEFENCE, DEFENCE, DEFENCE, DEFENCE, DEFENCE, DEFENCE

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
titan4wests said:
Beads6 said:

I remember 2006 and the "slump" when just about EVERYONE had written the broncos off and i thought exactly what you said above... we had the team, and i showed faith... our defence eventually came together at the right time and... the rest is history

Of course we must show faith. But the competition in '09 is a bit tougher than in '06.

As for Thaiday, when will Henjak learn to use him properly, and not just as a bloody battering ram.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Pretty disappointed even after all the swine flu bollocks. As dandan said we need to toughen up. We are soft as shite in defence and that really frustrates me. We need another Tunza, someone who isn't afraid to smash the opposition. Our defence out wide was particularly dreadful tonight. While we did run out of steam, I doubt we would have won even if we did have a full weeks preparation. I like the mobility we have this season, but we just can't defend and we don't hurt our opposition enough.

Is Asotasi off contract next season? IMO we need someone like him. Since Petero left we haven't had a real stand out prop and someone like Asotasi could be that man. Clinton, Kenny and in the future McGuire... they're good but I really think we need a better enforcer in the front row.

One last thing, is it just me or is Ennis one of the grubbiest bastards in the NRL? There is something about him that I just hate, much like Billy Slater.

T

titan4wests

BRL Player
Jun 12, 2008
lyn said:
What a joke. Thaiday made 1 hitup for 1m in that game. Although he did make 33 tackles. Still not exceptable!

that is one negative i will agree with... thaiday has gone missing almost all season so far... i think he needs to come off the bench and run wide to add impact... he is wasted as a "workhorse" (if you could call him that)

Unread

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Midean
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • teampjta
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.