Broncos Vs. Bulldogs *SPOILER*

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
titan4wests said:
lyn said:
What a joke. Thaiday made 1 hitup for 1m in that game. Although he did make 33 tackles. Still not exceptable!

that is one negative i will agree with... thaiday has gone missing almost all season so far... i think he needs to come off the bench and run wide to add impact... he is wasted as a "workhorse" (if you could call him that)
I wouldn't say all season. For the first 2 or so months he was one of the best backrowers IMO but since then hes dropped off alot.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
lyn said:
What a joke. Thaiday made 1 hitup for 1m in that game. Although he did make 33 tackles. Still not exceptable!

Thaiday was saving himself for his birthday celebrations.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
rnabokov said:
Beads6 said:
Premiership 2009 Broncos show some faith baby.. CMON yo unow we have the team all we have to do is defend like no tomorrow...

Haven't you heard? Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

you muppett... don't be so negative we have GOD on our side DAREEN LOCKYER!!!!!!!

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
I want to hear the reasoning to why Thaiday only made 1 hitup. Seriously it's disgusting.

B

broncoangel

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
You all might be right.....but I don't know about all this negative talk. I still enjoyed watching the match, and yes we have some things to improve on, but I was proud of the way they played tonight.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Kaz said:
lyn said:

Thaiday was saving himself for his birthday celebrations.

Did you hear that on the news.. Yeah i wanna play I have organised a big night out for my Birthday.. hahah. good to see the boys are still normal.. I love my team.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It is certainly strange to hear about Thaiday taking 1 hit up.. I still love him he can take me into the toilet any night..

DigitalDaz

DigitalDaz

QCup Player
Mar 18, 2008
Need more Stagg ... we miss his defence HEAPS. We have no one in the team cleaning up around the ruck as effectively as Stagg.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
parker is doing a good job IMO but yeah having stagg in the team instead of someone like Setu would be a plus IMO.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Those first two tries from the Dogs were shocking, massive overlaps there. Israel really needs to take command when he's defending at centre, dogs had a lot of success down his side.

Fantastic effort overall though, just wish we could have sustained it during the second half instead of running out of puff and letting in easy tries.

Cold as a witch's armpit out there tonight.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Biggest worries:
1. go forward. Only Kenny and Clinton, and for a short burst late in the game, McGuire made any ground.
2. Defence deep in our own half. Bulldogs attacked our 20 metre zone probably 10 times in the game, scored 7 times (8th was an intercept).

Only real positive:
First 4 times we got in their 20, we scored.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
titan4wests said:
Beads6 said:
Premiership 2009 Broncos show some faith baby.. CMON yo unow we have the team all we have to do is defend like no tomorrow...

I remember 2006 and the "slump" when just about EVERYONE had written the broncos off and i thought exactly what you said above... we had the team, and i showed faith... our defence eventually came together at the right time and... the rest is history

you're comparing the team of 2006 with 2009? My god..

We have far too many inexperienced youngsters in this side.. and it's really starting to show.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yow Yeh and Folau (in the centres) can't defend. Te'o does a good job in defence in terms of not missing many tackles on that side, but we need him to do more, make more tackles. That side is our real weak point IMO.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Bit disappointed but our lack of preparation showed in the end.

Very much now thinking twice about Izzy playing in the centres even when Hodges gets back. How many tries have been down his side the last 2 weeks? A lot of line breaks down his side as well.

I also stand by my view that McCullough is not ready to be our starting hooker every week. Marsh needs to start with Macca off the bench, that way Glenn can be used exclusively as a bench backrower where he was very impressive early in the season.

In saying all this though we have 3 very win-able games coming up against the Sharks, Eels and Warriors, before having a bye before Origin 3 and then should smash the Rabbitohs. I am not expecting anything oustanding in those games, but I think if we just grind them out and build some momentum, we can start a big charge towards the finals. So really between now and the end of the rep season, we should win 4 from 4, and a bye giving us a handy 10 points.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Alec said:
Yow Yeh and Folau (in the centres) can't defend. Te'o does a good job in defence in terms of not missing many tackles on that side, but we need him to do more, make more tackles. That side is our real weak point IMO.
100% what I was thinking. We can't afford to have them there. Something needs to be changed. Unfortunately for Yow Yeh I think the best way to go is to drop Yow Yeh, Folau to wing with Glenn inside Folau at centre. With both Glenn and Te'o there that should strengthen up our defence down that side big time.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:
Bit disappointed but our lack of preparation showed in the end.

Very much now thinking twice about Izzy playing in the centres even when Hodges gets back. How many tries have been down his side the last 2 weeks? A lot of line breaks down his side as well.

I won't lie and say I hate to say I told you so...I love to say it. Izzy isn't a centre. Period. End of story. He's a winger. He can't defend for shit in the centres.

Problem we're now finding is we don't have ANY decent centres apart from Hodges (and he's weak in defence sometimes too). Michaels is useless in the centres.

Jeba said:
I also stand by my view that McCullough is not ready to be our starting hooker every week. Marsh needs to start with Macca off the bench, that way Glenn can be used exclusively as a bench backrower where he was very impressive early in the season.

Agreed.

Jeba said:
In saying all this though we have 3 very win-able games coming up against the Sharks, Eels and Warriors, before having a bye before Origin 3 and then should smash the Rabbitohs. I am not expecting anything oustanding in those games, but I think if we just grind them out and build some momentum, we can start a big charge towards the finals. So really between now and the end of the rep season, we should win 4 from 4, and a bye giving us a handy 10 points.

Optimistic. I give us 0 chance against the Sharks without Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges, Thaiday, Folau and Wallace.
I give us 20% against the Eels backing up after winning Origin 2.
However, I give us an 80% chance against the Warriors at home before the bye.
then I give us a 50-50 shot against Souths backing up after Origin 3.

I think we'll get 4-6 points in the next 5 weeks which will have us sitting between 6th and 8th.

PS: How rude to snub Rock, Jeza and Clintos like that tonight man! :P

Beachy

Beachy

QCup Player
Mar 6, 2008
The right side of our defence was a disgrace all night. There were more holes in it than a block of swiss cheese. I reckon even I would've had a field day out there tonight.

And someone needs to have a strong word to Hunt and anyone else who wants to try a shoulder charge when a player is making a break or when we're defending on our own line. Such a low percentage play that cost us 2 tries tonight.

Unread

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Culhwch
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Footy Fanatic
  • GCBRONCO
  • Robboi_321
  • BroncosAlways
  • Swordfish
  • davidp
  • Seibs
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.