Broncos Vs. Cowboys - Post Match Discussion

Can't see it anywhere else, but Ch 9 are reporting Nick Kenny is out for a month with a leg injury

BroncoMatt said:
Can't see it anywhere else, but Ch 9 are reporting Nick Kenny is out for a month with a leg injury

Then i guess that explains why he only played 23 mins on Friday night... so it will probably be Sims or Sweeney to come into the side.... probably moving Thaiday to starting prop, Setu into the second row and either Sweeney or Sims to the bench

From what I've read on today's paper, Sims played really well yesterday. So from the looks of things, he might get a call-up.

Sims was sensational for Norths (lol @ easts lol) yesterday, he will be confident for us next week I'd imagine. He set up 4 of the first half tries for Norths!

Dave said:
The Rock said:
IMO our attack was very UNPREDICTABLE.

Good or bad unpredictable Rock??? I thought our attack was ordinary tonight but like you am stoked to get the 2 points. I thought we went the short side far too often and most times you could clearly see there was nothing on (the bad unpredictable)

When we played direct attack with options inside andout we looked far better (the good unpredictable)

Gorrell looks to offer slow delivery from dummy half, I really hope this improves as I don't think McCullough is a starting #9 yet but he provided real spark off the bench.

I thought our attack in the first 20 minutes was great. They worked to a plan. Send it to the left corner, then swing it back to the right looking for Lockyer, Hunt and Folau.

After the first 20 minutes they slipped into a bit of ad lib crap and it wasn't nearly as effective.

mrslong said:
Sims was sensational for Norths (lol @ easts lol) yesterday, he will be confident for us next week I'd imagine. He set up 4 of the first half tries for Norths!

Norths dominated Easts. Benny Hunt had a blinder as well, good to see. Sims killed it, should get teh call back up to NRL this week with Kenny out.

I thought the game was a great start to the season. A good sign of things to come. This year is going to be closer than usual IMO.

I too, was happy with our attack - just by the way they mixed it up - and think that it will only get better. Greatly anticipating these young boys, they did a good job for Round 1. Yow Yeh is such an exciting player.

Sure there were a few mistakes - nothing too concerning though. Things like Michaels not grounding the ball properly or Wallace kicking out on the full, but overall I found it entertaining and promising.

BTW - mrslong - do you go to the Norths games often? My neighbour and I were talking this morning about heading over to some this year...

bronco_babe77 said:
BTW - mrslong - do you go to the Norths games often? My neighbour and I were talking this morning about heading over to some this year...
I don't know...we usually go to Redcliffe and go for whoever the opposition happens to be on that day (unless it is Tweed or Souths Logan, yeah we give Redcliffe our money, but there's no better place to stir up trouble eh) but we may go to a Norths game or two if their is nothing better on. Perhaps if there was a good game on we'll go and make a day of it eusa_think could be fun! We go to a lot of the Wests Arana games more often than Q Cup. icon_thumbs_u

and to get the thread back on track.... Go broncos yeah! icon_thumbs_u
How formidable are Bowen, Thurston & Payne going to be, I'm so glad we played them at the start of the season while they're still rusty!!! :shock:

Ah cool... the neighbour wants to go and see his beloved Ipswich boys play - so we might head to Aspley or Redcliffe when they are playing. Have been to Arana a few times - not for a loooong time though. It's right in the heart of Skanktown.

Ipswich [icon_lol1. :roll: it would be fun to go and mock ipswich! [icon_evillaugh

mrslong said:
Ipswich [icon_lol1. :roll: it would be fun to go and mock ipswich! [icon_evillaugh

I know! That's why I was thinking 2 girls laughing at him is better than one [icon_evillaugh

Dally M Votes for the game:
Thaiday 3
Hunt 2
Bowen 1

Bowen 1? LOL. Ikin was the judge though!

Bowen he is dreaming he was hardly sighted except for the try that Thurston set up... Thaiday must do some quality rimming because he was not BOG in my eyes..

Ari Gold said:
Dally M Votes for the game:
Thaiday 3
Hunt 2
Bowen 1

Bowen 1? LOL. Ikin was the judge though!

Ridiculous. Explains it though if Ikin was the judge. How Clinton didn't get at least 1 vote is beyond me.

I could name a bunch of guys far more deserving than Bowen of that vote; Glenn, Clinton, Taylor, Parker (shudders) and Payne off the top of my head.

I reckon Parker and Clinton were the best of our pack. And you all know how I feel about Parker in recent seasons.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • eggstar10
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.