Broncos Vs Cowboys - Team list, pre & post game discussion

666 said:
can't please some people

we lose it's not good enough
we win it's not good enough

it's the manner of the performances. Both very poor. Inconsistent. Lack of enthusiasm for long periods. Poor ball control.

Against the two worst teams in the comp, the last two hands have been uninspiring.

our performances in the 20 after halftime have been woeful for most of the year. Broncos need to toughen up in the second halves.

Coxy said:
666 said:
can't please some people

it's the manner of the performances. Both very poor. Inconsistent. Lack of enthusiasm for long periods. Poor ball control.

Against the two worst teams in the comp, the last two hands have been uninspiring.

Against the dogs we were bad, against the cowboys we out scored them 6 tries to 3, thats hardly a bad result.

I seem to remember souths being the easy beats no one should lose to but hammer by 30 not so long ago, i don't think any side is an easy beat side, even the bottom 2.

Coxy said:
666 said:
can't please some people

Agreed. I don't think it was that big of an improvement from last week. Sure, we got the two points, but we were beaten in the second half 18-6. If the Cowboys didn't make so many errors, there's no way we would have gone as well in the first half. Any team with that much possession could have put 26pts on a Cowboys outfit missing Thurston, Webb, Scott, O'Donnell, Lillyman etc. All the same, it was an improvement none the less, but we will need to play a lot better to knock off the Sharks next week.

Yep, hardly an inspiring performance against a team so dedicated to killing their season.

In any case, baby steps. baby steps. Can't expect a 180 degree turnaround from the Dogs game but at least we could score some tries this time.

What is this obsession with wearing the white jersey? I would have thought the maroon jersey would be better against the cowboys jersey

With Hodges back in the side, hopefully this will push Boyd onto the wing. I'd feel much safer with him there than Kemp.

Alec said:
With Hodges back in the side, hopefully this will push Boyd onto the wing. I'd feel much safer with him there than Kemp.
I'd say Manihera would be more likely to drop off than Kemp. He's the leading try scorer. [icon_lol1. Which is a shame really, Manihera had a good game tonight I thought.

Clintos said:
Alec said:
I'd say Manihera would be more likely to drop off than Kemp. He's the leading try scorer. [icon_lol1. Which is a shame really, Manihera had a good game tonight I thought.

Well, as long as Kemp plays on the left side...I don't think the top teams have any great right side jumping wingers.

Yea, Manihera had a great game. Maybe put him on the bench next week. Kick robinson off.

I don't know what everyone is going on about, this first half has been fairly impressive, albeit against a cowboys reserve grade side. They probably took the foot off the pedal in the second half, next weeks game will be more of a test, with Hodges and possibly Carroll back in the side

Great win, I'm pleased stop bloody sooking, great win !

666 said:
Coxy said:
666 said:
can't please some people

Against the dogs we were bad, against the cowboys we out scored them 6 tries to 3, thats hardly a bad result.

Results and performances are 2 totally different things.

A gritty Sharks team will strangle us into submission if we play that level next week, everyone needs to lift a couple more notches. I would say we improved but only a little bit this week and need to play cleaner and more enthusiastic footy next week to stand a chance.

Great 1st half but shocking 2nd half, think they thought had the game in the bag and stopped trying

looking forward to sharks game with Hodgo and Carroll back.

THAT WAS A FUC***ING PATHETIC performance. - should have been 50 - 0

What the hell is Stagg doing in the backs?

The Sharks will kill us.

Hammo - send me your BSB numbers mate.

The only thing good I can say about tonight is Locky got through ok and we should have pretty well the same side 3 weeks in a row but add Hodges. I agree we have to start cranking things up because IMO our draw looks easier on paper than what it is.
We will be playing against teams desperate to stay in touch with the top 8/4 so we'll be in for some tough games.

Dexter said:
The only thing good I can say about tonight is Locky got through ok and we should have pretty well the same side 3 weeks in a row but add Hodges. I agree we have to start cranking things up because IMO our draw looks easier on paper than what it is.
We will be playing against teams desperate to stay in touch with the top 8/4 so we'll be in for some tough games.

If we get to the 8, which is really underserved - we'll go out in the first game. Bloody awful performance tonight.

Unread

Active Now

• RodF
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • porouian
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.