Broncos Vs Cowboys - Team list, pre & post game discussion

The Rock said:
The first half was fantastic - It was the Broncos of rounds 1-8. - The forwards went forward, we defended with enthusiasm, we completed most of our sets, we scored some very nice tries off some good set plays. Very nice.

The second half on the other hand was poor, we went back to our bad habits and lacked desire and hunger.

However, we DID improve - Our first half of football is proof of that FFS! People settle the fack down. We improved, the team at least clicked for 40 minutes this week. (As opposed to last week where we were atrocious for the whole 80)

Crap - we played a reserve grade side and played crap for the whole 80 minutes

rnabokov said:
The Rock said:
The first half was fantastic - It was the Broncos of rounds 1-8. - The forwards went forward, we defended with enthusiasm, we completed most of our sets, we scored some very nice tries off some good set plays. Very nice.

The second half on the other hand was poor, we went back to our bad habits and lacked desire and hunger.

However, we DID improve - Our first half of football is proof of that FFS! People settle the fack down. We improved, the team at least clicked for 40 minutes this week. (As opposed to last week where we were atrocious for the whole 80)

Crap - we played a reserve grade side and played crap for the whole 80 minutes

26 points even against a reserve grade side in one half is a good effort. So what if they handed us a lot of opportunities - we took them well, and turned them into points. And that's what counts.

Our second half was poor, but our first was pretty good for the most part.

According to Nine Bennett is breathing fire and promises a bulk of changes next week.

Big Pete said:
According to Nine Bennett is breathing fire and promises a bulk of changes next week.

Our worst area is the forwards at the moment, so I guess he'll bring a few in for Sims/Clinton and maybe Parker?

Big Pete said:
doubt it.

I thought the first half couldnt get a whole lot better, our 2nd half we slacked off as we generally do with a big lead (and as any team would!).

Thaiday again was superb, Hannant had his best game in about a month. Clinton and Sims were strong, but Parker seem to go missing. I dont know what is up with him but he needs to stop doing all this tackling and get back to running the ball at the line and offloading to supports!

Good to see Locky get through 70 odd minutes, it will be a good preparation for the hard slog next week against the Sharkies.

There is improvement in us, I have no doubt about that but we have to find it pretty soon!

I thought Sims ran the ball back alot harder than he has in a while.

i Thought Locky improved massively from last week, i think he is finally over that knee problem (tough wood)

I thought Hunt and Thaiday were great for us tonight

i thought that Ennis' kicking game was better tonight - not always trying to kick for himself

At the end of the day, put Storm or Manly against the side we played tonight and they would have easily put 40+ and kept them to below 10, until we can do that we are NO title contenders at all.

No need to sugar coat a turd... We need to pick up our game if we are going to mix it with the top two. End of story.

Thought we started great.I was actually looking at the 50point win at halftime but we once again let them in.
We have to play the 80mins.Just can not (as we have all year ) let teams back in. My bet is they copped some bashing from WB. after the game.

The Cows last night even without JT had a damn good side on paper.What the hell is going on in Townsvile ?They seem to be waiting for next year to happen.Sure they have heaps of injuries but still they had a good team on the paddock.

I believe we have it in us but something isn't clicking as a team that is hungry enough.We have to find that or we are no hope against the top FOUR in my opinion atm.
Sammy being the exception. I reckon he is going great.Thank the POPE for Sammy!!! [icon_pray.

at least bennett agrees with me that the broncos were rubbish last night. I hope he starts by dropping parker, taylor and boyd.

Boyd has had a good year but needs a wake up call. Either him or kemp need a shake up.

Coxy said:
at least bennett agrees with me that the broncos were rubbish last night. I hope he starts by dropping parker, taylor and boyd.

Boyd has had a good year but needs a wake up call. Either him or kemp need a shake up.

I'm lazy...link?

Didn't see the game, just listened,however;
I told you so reference Oztag Parker. The man has been taking the Pill or something. He has lost his testicles and doesn't even attempt to break the line. Thaiday's "drop to knee" hit ups aren't much better, was he still performing them last night?

Why is it so hard for our pack to simply attempt to penetrate the line and look for an offload? Instead they ruck it and attempt, very poorly, to get a quick play the ball. Oztag just spins into every tackle, Thaiday drops to his knees, Sims and Clinton just drop the ball cold (albeit last night they sounded ok). Eastwood, as unfit as he is, and Tunza are the only 2 forwards who even seem to want to attempt breaking the line.

i think thaiday dropping to his knees is a stu myth that's become accepted as fact. He was brilliant against the dogs, and again last night. He definitely didn't surrender at all.

Just look at the courier mail web site hammo. Bennett is fuming.

Coxy said:
i think thaiday dropping to his knees is a stu myth that's become accepted as fact. He was brilliant against the dogs, and again last night. He definitely didn't surrender at all.

Just look at the courier mail web site hammo. Bennett is fuming.

I don't rate Stu's knowledge of, well sport in general, as much as the next guy. However, in his defence, the Thaiday knee drop is not a myth. I understand trying to get quick play the balls, but every now and then, you got to back yourself and have a crack.

Bennett should be fuming the second half was rubbish and the first half was made to look better by plenty of errors from the cowboys. I choose to take the positives out of the game, such as Thaiday, Wallace and Hunts performances. The fact Lockyer played 70 minutes and can only get better with time on the paddock. Sure we have alot to improve and some guys need to get dropped to Qld cup but we got the 2 points and TBH thats all we needed to stay in the hunt for the top 4. Next week is the real test against a quality opposition with great defence. I bet we see the best of the Broncos next weekend.

it'll have to be the best of the broncos or it'll be the last of the broncos imo.

Hammo, i agree thaiday had been going overboard with the quick play the ball submissions, but the last two games it was obvious he made a deliberate effort to run harder and try and bust the line. Proof in the pudding is three tries!

Well they are due for a good performance and with Hodges back we will finally have someone out wide with the ability to break the line.

We're very, very lucky we played the Cowboys last night. Their first half was absolutely TERRIBLE. I'm not, however, going to go overboard criticising our boys for the second half. The Cows were desperate and played some amazingly good and ballsy attacking footy last night. In the first half, they couldn't hang on to the ball. In the second half, passes started sticking and IMO they would've scored those tries against most other teams in the competition.

The best thing at this stage is the continued good and building form of our vital players. I'm glad we've still got a long way to go, because peaking seven weeks out from the finals would be extremely dangerous.

Big improvement shown from last weekend's match. Hodges and TC to return next week to continue the charge. I'd be very happy to see us continue to build in the coming weeks... still quietly confident we can do some damage.

interesting that only 4 games have seen the cowboys lose by a higher margin, one of those games being against us as well. So we can't have played to bad.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Culhwch
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.