Broncos Vs Cowboys - Team list, pre & post game discussion

Changes that must be made.

A) Boyd to wing with moon and hodges the centre pairing.
B) Clintion needs to be at the very least benched.
C) Kenny to starting prop with hannat
D) Marsh to return on bench instead of robinson
E) Sims to be given a kick up the arse as with corey parker
F) Stagg to be dropped all together with eastwood promoted to starting side and sims to also be benched.

1. hunt
2. kemp
3. moon
4. hodges
5. boyd
6. lockyer
7. wallace
8.hannat
9.Ennis
10. Kenny
11. Parker
12. Eastwood
13. Carrol
14. Marsh
15. Sims
16. Clinton
17. Taylor

When TC wasnt playing i was really looking forward to seeing parker take his role running off Locky all night, but this never eventuated. I miss the old parker that would run wide and slip a ball away everytime.

i think hannant is the 1 who needs to be put bak on the bench. After SOO he hasnt been eating up the yards like he should be. I expect more from him than i do Sims or Clinton.

Agree with Rocky this is not in Bennetts make up.He may make a couple of changes like bringing Kenny in if he is fit.
I thought he wasn't.
Manihera is doing his job imo.Prefer him there to Robinson.Can't see Bennett dropping him for one minute considering how long he kept Robinson who was hopeless but being WB he gave him time.

Never was an Ennis fan until this year.I to can handle the dumb penalties and sledging from him as long as he gets in there and does what he is doing now.He is a hooker after all and hookers are known for being cocky.We will miss him as Marsh is not in his class at all.Hasn't shown it this year anyhow.
Hennant and Parker need a rev that is for sure.

mick! said:
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

I love the doomsdayers coming out already.

Guys, we're just under two months out from the finals. We're getting players back fit and refreshed after the rep season. It's going to take a while for them to gel. The improvement this week was visible after our scrappy performance last week. If we keep building week by week, and keep getting the two points no matter what, this IS a team that can win the comp.

Doomsdayers?

I hardly think a top 4 exit is a doomsday prediction Mick. Its simply, IMO the best this side can acheive. Anything better is a bonus.
We lack a forward leader more than anything( Tunza is the closest ), maybe someone will step up but they're sure taking their sweet time.

Doomsdayers? Yes.

Yes, there are two teams that are very likely to win this premiership. Can anything happen though? My oath it can.

2006, case in point. Who thought we'd be the ones with the trophy at half-time vs the Dogs? Exactly!

Showing signs of improvement with all key players fit when six weeks out from the finals is a damn good position to be in. Three points off the top four with a couple of those sides floundering, and VISIBLE improvement being shown by noted and experienced game breakers with each day that passes.

I don't think exiting the finals after a week or two is the best this side can achieve.

I think an exit one or two weeks before the big one is definitely the most likely thing we'll achieve at this stage, but absolutely nothing is impossible until it's over IMO.

Everyone is putting Manly in there as a lay down misere for the Grand Final. But they've just lost a couple of key players for a period, and Matt Orford isn't 100%...

Look at the Roosters. 2 weeks ago everyone was saying they're in the top 3 for sure. Beaten by a very understrength Titans and then flogged by Canberra...suddenly they don't look so red hot do they?

Certainly too far out to predict anything with any certainty, but it's also close enough to the business end of the season that the Broncos need to pull their finger out and start improving. Bennett's shown the importance of that with his grumbling since Friday night too.

Anyone noting a similarity between Bennett's spray and Sheens's similar antics after the Tigers comfortably beat Newcastle in Newcastle earlier this year?

Tigers came out and beat a rampant Gold Coast...
I think Bennett is hoping for a similar inspiration against the Sharks this week.

IMO this year has a bit of a 2006 feel about it.
The side comes back from Origin after giving them all a rest , like they've come back from a pre-season.
We struggle through a few games before we start to click back into gear. Grand Finals are won by teams that have their key players firing (being you 1,6,7,9). We're looking pretty good in those key position at the moment, and provided they stay fit, I'm confident looking forward.

mick! said:
Doomsdayers? Yes.

Yes, there are two teams that are very likely to win this premiership. Can anything happen though? My oath it can.

2006, case in point. Who thought we'd be the ones with the trophy at half-time vs the Dogs? Exactly!
I for 1 thought we could win in 06, I put my money where my mouth was about 2 weeks b4 the semis and said as much on this forum all year when 90% of ppl were bagging WB and the teams chances.

This side however does not have the quality.
Of course I am hopeful we can make the improvements needed, I just can't see it . If Melb pick up an injury to Inglis, Smith or Cronk then yes we are a channce.

Dexter said:
mick! said:
Doomsdayers? Yes.

I for 1 thought we could win in 06, I put my money where my mouth was about 2 weeks b4 the semis and said as much on this forum all year when 90% of ppl were bagging WB and the teams chances.

Hmmm.

2006 Grand Final team:
Justin Hodges
Darius Boyd
Brent Tate
David Stagg
Karmichael Hunt
Darren Lockyer (c)
Shane Perry
Shane Webcke
Shaun Berrigan
Petero Civoniceva
Sam Thaiday
Brad Thorn
Tonie Carroll

Corey Parker
Dane Carlaw
Ben Hannant
Casey McGuire

2008 Best Broncos Lineup (my opinion)
Karmichael Hunt
Kaine Manihera
Darius Boyd
Justin Hodges
Denan Kemp
Darren Lockyer (c)
Peter Wallace
Ben Hannant
Michael Ennis
Nick Kenny
David Stagg
Sam Thaiday
Tonie Carroll

Joel Clinton
Ashton Sims or David Taylor
Corey Parker or Greg Eastwood
PJ Marsh

The only SIGNIFICANT differences in quality I can see are:
- 2006 front row (Webcke and Civoniceva, with Hannant as backup) is superior to the 2008 combination (Hannant, Kenny and Clinton);
- 2008 halfback >>>>> 2006 halfback
- 2008 centres > 2006 centres (Hodges + Boyd better than Tate + Stagg)

Most other areas are arguable either way. I think Ennis is a better hooker than Berrigan, but Berro was sublime in that Grand Final, and in the Bulldogs semi the week before.

Coxy said:
Dexter said:
mick! said:
Doomsdayers? Yes.

Hmmm.

2006 Grand Final team:
Justin Hodges
Darius Boyd
Brent Tate
David Stagg
Karmichael Hunt
Darren Lockyer (c)
Shane Perry
Shane Webcke
Shaun Berrigan
Petero Civoniceva
Sam Thaiday
Brad Thorn
Tonie Carroll

Corey Parker
Dane Carlaw
Ben Hannant
Casey McGuire

2008 Best Broncos Lineup (my opinion)
Karmichael Hunt
Kaine Manihera
Darius Boyd
Justin Hodges
Denan Kemp
Darren Lockyer (c)
Peter Wallace
Ben Hannant
Michael Ennis
Nick Kenny
David Stagg
Sam Thaiday
Tonie Carroll

Joel Clinton
Ashton Sims or David Taylor
Corey Parker or Greg Eastwood
PJ Marsh

The only SIGNIFICANT differences in quality I can see are:
- 2006 front row (Webcke and Civoniceva, with Hannant as backup) is superior to the 2008 combination (Hannant, Kenny and Clinton);
- 2008 halfback >>>>> 2006 halfback
- 2008 centres > 2006 centres (Hodges + Boyd better than Tate + Stagg)

Most other areas are arguable either way. I think Ennis is a better hooker than Berrigan, but Berro was sublime in that Grand Final, and in the Bulldogs semi the week before.

There you have it Coxy.
As in a previous post my main concern with this side is the lack of a forward leader. In 06 we had 2 of the best.

Yeah, agree with that. But I think the likes of Hannant and Clinton can step up and be leaders. They need form, confidence and commitment. 3 things they lack right now.

Dexter said:
mick! said:
Doomsdayers? Yes.

Of course I am hopeful we can make the improvements needed, I just can't see it . If Melb pick up an injury to Inglis, Smith or Cronk then yes we are a channce.

Of course you thought we could TWO WEEKS out from the GF. I'm talking half-time, Bulldogs game. There wouldn't have been more than one or two sober Broncos fans who gave us a REALLY good chance.

IIRC I was talking about going home to my now ex-wife, right? LOL

Coxy said:
IIRC I was talking about going home to my now ex-wife, right? LOL

That's the one. IIRC, I ordered a double scotch, and Tee and I sat out on the verandah at the Broncos Leagues Club smoking profusely and saying goodbye to our season [icon_lol1.

mick! said:
Dexter said:
[quote="mick!":1lcvyk8v]Doomsdayers? Yes.

Of course you thought we could TWO WEEKS out from the GF. I'm talking half-time, Bulldogs game. There wouldn't have been more than one or two sober Broncos fans who gave us a REALLY good chance.[/quote:1lcvyk8v]

Well actually, 2 weeks b4 the semis makes it about 6 weeks b4 the GF.
At halftime of the Bulldogs game I was doing something similar to your good self only with a double Bundy.
[icon_drun

I miss Petero, I went down to Robina on Saturday and watched him for most of the night he is relentless and what he has helped their young guys to elevate to is amazing. Give me back Civo for Clinton PLEASE!

mick! said:
Of course you thought we could TWO WEEKS out from the GF. I'm talking half-time, Bulldogs game. There wouldn't have been more than one or two sober Broncos fans who gave us a REALLY good chance.

Pity there wasn't any sober Broncos fans around you at that point in time on which you can base that statement [icon_wink [icon_lol1.

Jebadude said:
mick! said:

Pity there wasn't any sober Broncos fans around you at that point in time on which you can base that statement [icon_wink [icon_lol1.

Oi! I was sober! [icon_lol1.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • BroncoFan94
  • kman
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • Gympie devil
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • Dee
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • john1420
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.