Broncos Vs. Dragons - Build Up Thread

A

Andyman

BRL Player
Mar 7, 2008
2 years in a row - we win week one and play the MINOR PREMIERS in weeks 2!!!!

Fire up you mighty Broncs!!! icon_thumbs_u

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
If we win, we will have won 9 consecutive games. Not very many teams manage to do that because its immensely difficult to bring the required level of intensity for 9 straight weeks. I'd feel better if we had lost coming into the finals.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
You know, I'm happy with how we've went into the finals. We've had to tough it out against the Cowboys, the Raiders and then had to hold off a determined Titans outfit in week 1.

IMO, our preparation coming into this game is absolutely and utterly perfect. We'll be ready for anything the Dragons throw at us.

We also have the confidence of knowing we were the only team this year to keep them tryless

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
It really is just all about defence this week. And if we get that right, win, that will be what it's all about next week as well. Defence wins premierships!!

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Loving the fact we play the Saints. Only disappointing thing is that our game has been moved to Saturday instead of Friday. Our cricket season starts this week and our game ends at 5:30pm. So unless it rains or we can negotiate an early start time it's seriously going to reduce my drinking time.

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
Will Te'o be coming back in to the lineup??

And if so, for who??

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
No surprises really so I'm sure we will see:

1. Hunt
2. Winterstein
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Taylor
11. Carroll
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Setu
16. Sims
17. Clinton
18. Te'o
19. McGuire

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
In an interview last week he said he would be back this week !

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
FIRE UP EVERYONE!!! FIRE UP!!!

LETS BREAK THIS SH1T RECORD AT HOME AGAINST THE DRAGQUEENS!!!

THIS IS OUR HOME GAME, BENNETT OR NO BENNETT LETS GET OUR BRONCOS HOME!!!!

LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD, NIGGLE NIGGLE NIGGLE - EVERYONE GIVE IT TO THEM!!!!

GO THE BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Beale said:

PLUS ONE!!!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
KrispyKris said:
Beale said:

PLUS ONE!!!

LOUD NOISES!!!!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
if i wasnt a broncos fan, and my (hypothetical) team were to play the dragons and melbourne to make the gf, id be all worried with a no chance outlook.

But i support the Broncos, the best rugby league side in the f*cking world. We will win this shit! f*ck dragons, f*ck melbourne. they are great sides, but they arent the Broncos, we are the Broncos. P7 Bitches!

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Maybe you guys should make a "Melbourne Storm v Broncos Build Up Thread".

Anyway. BRING IT WAYNE!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
The Rock said:
[quote="Ari Gold":1b7ejjla]If we win, we will have won 9 consecutive games. Not very many teams manage to do that because its immensely difficult to bring the required level of intensity for 9 straight weeks. I'd feel better if we had lost coming into the finals.

You mean if we win the GF? This week will be 7 consecutive wins, and yes if we win the GF it'll be 9. The good thing is though Ari, is that we haven't really been kept up that level of intencity for that long. If you have a look at our games that we've won, we've dropped off in a few games and we haven't really had that where we can say that we've "ticked all boxes". So we haven't really peaked yet. Much difference to Parra's situation where they literally went 3-4 games where they peaked and played absolutely perfect.[/quote:1b7ejjla]

Yah, I meant Grand Final.

We may dropped off in games, but most of the time the situation dictated that a strong level of mental intensity exist in our game, even if the performance might not have matched it.

Dragons - Dragons were always close behind. The nature of the game always meant it would be a draining game.
Panthers - Behind at Half-Time, the score board was pretty but we really had to fight for long periods.
Cowboys - Came from behind, was tight all the way. Required us to be focused for the full 80 mins.
Raiders - Again, nice looking result, but a lot of the match was a real grind. A good 50-60mins of high level mental application.
Titans - Comfortable for periods, but we were really required to be on it in that second half.

I don't think there was a single game where victory was assured in every minute of the second half. There was always some point where we really had to get into a fight and I can't help but feel that it's going to prove costly in the next two weeks.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
[quote="Ari Gold":1l3uvpz6]If we win, we will have won 9 consecutive games. Not very many teams manage to do that because its immensely difficult to bring the required level of intensity for 9 straight weeks. I'd feel better if we had lost coming into the finals.

You mean if we win the GF? This week will be 7 consecutive wins, and yes if we win the GF it'll be 9. The good thing is though Ari, is that we haven't really been kept up that level of intencity for that long. If you have a look at our games that we've won, we've dropped off in a few games and we haven't really had that where we can say that we've "ticked all boxes". So we haven't really peaked yet. Much difference to Parra's situation where they literally went 3-4 games where they peaked and played absolutely perfect.[/quote:1l3uvpz6]

I agree, but they had their loss in the final round - which means they can go all the way. (Very similar to Broncos 06 where dropped the firsl final in the middle of a string of great matches)

Honestly, it is one of the toughest draws to the GF if I've ever seen one. 06 was tough but there was no 'home' city finals after week 1.

Melbourne at the GY is death for us IMO. We just don't have the players to play the sort of footy you need to at that ground. In saying that if we pull that off - biggest confidence booster ever for the GF. It will be the most nervous GF to date though.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If the Dragons play smart, then we are really going to need to rely on penalties and dropped ball to get opportunities in their 20. At their best they can easilly keep pinning us in our own half and our forwards aren't good enough to consistently make good metres. We will really need to depend on good positioning of our back 3, strong running to bring the ball back, and once again, a great kick chase to put pressure on their kicks at the end of their sets, hopefully still in their own half.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • Aldo
  • Alec
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • lakers133334
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.