Broncos Vs. Dragons - Build Up Thread

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
At the end of the day, no one wins a premiership without playing a hard game and there is no such thing as easy games in the finals. Whether we play dragons or storm is irrelevant. The point is we have to win. Either team would not be easy, so the Broncos just simply have to put their heads down and cut the silly errors out. Restrict the dragons attack, just like the eels did and we will win.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
The attack seems to have dried up a bit for the Dragons, so if we defend well, they hopefully are going to struggle to score points. Plus pressure Soward all day, he does not seem to handle it well at all.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
lynx000 said:
The attack seems to have dried up a bit for the Dragons, so if we defend well, they hopefully are going to struggle to score points. Plus pressure Soward all day, he does not seem to handle it well at all.
Pressure Soward and shut down Hornby (like we did a couple of weeks ago) and we will win by miles.

Also, their forwards are easily rattled. If we can dominate Poore & Weyman early on they tend to go MIA. Likewise with Creagh, he's got dodgy hands when they pass him those hospital passes. 8-)

Then the only players we really need to watch out for are Cooper, J Smith, Fien & MOrris imo.....

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Thank God. I saw nothing in it - but it doesn't take much of an excuse for the NRL to shaft us in anyway. He put him on report to keep the crowd happy.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It was a high tackle, deserved a penalty, end of story. Only went on report because the Toidans fans were going "orfffff orrfffff orrffff orrffff".

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Dragons by 10 ...

Broncos still not playing well enough for long enough in games imo ... Only way they get past the Dragons on saturday is by replicating the committment in defense they had when they beat them in W'gong a few weeks ago .. It's very difficult to beat a good team twice in succession in a short period of time especially in a comp as even as this one .. Melbourne and Parramatta demonstrated that on the weekend ..

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
It's been a very long time since the Broncos have had both their halves in great form, so it is only positive signs for us. We've got a strong bench and McCullogh is playing really well. All these things point towards a big game for the Broncos. Fingers crossed.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
The broncos 1,6,7,9 are playing awesome

the 2,3,4,5 Are moulding together well.

And the Fowards are doing their job.

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
Dragons have the heads up on Taylor now so maybe some variation with him and Folau this time round like last Sat..Our defence needs to be tighter, titans found some holes lastweek
And their forwards wont wanna be pushed around, broncos pack will need to aim up bigtime

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Every team have had their heads up about Taylor. But the thing is how many blokes can they put on him without leaving Hodges and Folau open.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I think Yow Yeh was found out in defence, or at least wasn't communicating with Hodges as well as he previously had against the Titans. Hopefully that is something that is fixed up.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
For mine, our benchmark game of the season was our win against the Dragons. That benchmark was our defence: great line-speed and in their face for 80 minutes.

That game, and the Eels v Dragons last week showed the Dragons just can't cut it against a side with that sort of defence.

If our defence returns to that level, we have the attack to beat any team.

In my view, there are only 3 teams in this finals series: Broncos, Storm and Eels because they have the game breakers to take advantage of the defence of which they're capable. Bulldogs and Dragons don't. Great teams, but no real game breakers.

If we defend as we did agains the Dragons, we'll win this comp. The Storm are IMO the only real danger.

Of course there are 3 unknowns that can stuff the theory: mistakes, bad luck & poor referreeing.

B

brisbroncosboy

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Going to be a cracker of a game on Saturday night, Dragons are the team i love to beat the most but are the broncos boogy team and record at Suncorp is not good mmmm, as long as we dont get the same result as last year loose in the last 40 seconds ahhhhh couldnt handle that again.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
rnabokov said:
For mine, our benchmark game of the season was our win against the Dragons. That benchmark was our defence: great line-speed and in their face for 80 minutes.

That game, and the Eels v Dragons last week showed the Dragons just can't cut it against a side with that sort of defence.

If our defence returns to that level, we have the attack to beat any team.

In my view, there are only 3 teams in this finals series: Broncos, Storm and Eels because they have the game breakers to take advantage of the defence of which they're capable. Bulldogs and Dragons don't. Great teams, but no real game breakers.

If we defend as we did agains the Dragons, we'll win this comp. The Storm are IMO the only real danger.

Of course there are 3 unknowns that can stuff the theory: mistakes, bad luck & poor referreeing.

I agree. The Dragons have shown they have nothing in attack. For the first half against the eels, they were camped on their line and came up with nothing. If we can defend then we can win. Like rnabokov said, the Broncos, Storm and Eels have real attacking ability and I believe that the Dragons and Bulldogs have run out of puff. I would be very suprised if the Titans win.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We're specials! Never won a final at Suncorp Stadium in 4 attempts (plus 1 back in 1995)....we're due!

C

Captain Staros

BRL Player
Sep 2, 2009
I believe the Big D is going to crap all over this game. GASP!!! CROAK!! AGHGHH!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
We're specials! Never won a final at Suncorp Stadium in 4 attempts (plus 1 back in 1995)....we're due!

on the fox sports website it says we are 0 from 6 in finals matches at Lang Park... lets hope that record follows Bennett to the Dragons [icon_razz1

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Astro
  • Kev_Guz
  • Porthoz
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.