Broncos Vs. Dragons - Build Up Thread

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I would like Kenny dropped to the bench for Clinton, he got pushed back and dominated time and time again last week and it is a worrying trend. Otherwise I am more than happy with that side.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Gymp said:
I would like Kenny dropped to the bench for Clinton, he got pushed back and dominated time and time again last week and it is a worrying trend. Otherwise I am more than happy with that side.

+1 Kenny gets dominated far too much to be seen as the Broncos saviour in the prop department.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I think he runs a bit too upright and slows as he hits the defense whereas you watch Clinton he accelerates and drops his shoulders when he gets to the line.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I don't think Clinton has anywhere near as much impact of the bench as he does starting, so hopefully he starts.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Gymp said:
I think he runs a bit too upright and slows as he hits the defense whereas you watch Clinton he accelerates and drops his shoulders when he gets to the line.

He does slow down and certainly stand to upright therefore giving the defender a good shot at him. Kenny seems to get some big hits laid on him.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It didn't help that for the majority of the time he was on the field, he was the only player running directly straight down the middle though. He's still kind of finding his feet in FG, he needs proper back-up. Which is why I wanted to see Clinton, Kenny and Sims all start the match.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
I don't think Clinton has anywhere near as much impact of the bench as he does starting, so hopefully he starts.

Would be good to see but I can;t see Henjak dropping Taylor or Kenny to the bench. Sims has been playing great but I'd probably put him on the bench and put Taylor in the back row so Clinton can start.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Foordy said:
Coxy said:
We're specials! Never won a final at Suncorp Stadium in 4 attempts (plus 1 back in 1995)....we're due!

on the fox sports website it says we are 0 from 6 in finals matches at Lang Park... lets hope that record follows Bennett to the Dragons [icon_razz1

Hmmm really?

1995 vs Canberra - lost.
2004 vs Storm - lost.
2005 vs Storm - lost.
2006 vs Dragons - lost.
2008 vs Storm - lost.

I don't recall any other finals games at Suncorp/Lang Park?

Courier Mail has 1996: vs North Sydney.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Just a few thoughts....imo the Storm are now the short-priced favourites...were I a bookie of course. That said, the Storm would dread, yes dread Brisbane coming down there with strong winning form and with nothing to lose.

They could not help but think they are due a loss to Brisbane after a great record against them. It just seems to me that the growing confidence gained from the 09 campaign so far and the thrill the players must feel when they consider the 'what ifs'..if we beat the saints this week here at home then we play Melbourne..what if we finally beat those bastards on their home turf, just like they did to us at home,then we get to smash someone for the goodies..mmm...what if ?

I think the quality is'nt there for the Saints...they've been exposed a fair bit lately and truthfully looked pedestrian. Parramatta are similar in that they are running with the bare minimum of quality first-grade players. The minimum required for the premiership. If Parramatta are belted/dominated then they, like most, appear very ordinary. The Gold Coast are only a slim chance and that chance only if they get the 'rub of the green'.

The Dogs are little hope with the lynchpin gone and even should he return he would be highly unlikely to be as effective as he was pre-injury. They become another team of average standard.

I actually expect it will go well this weekend with solid defence getting us home. It will be a challenge for Brisbane to complete the season with an undefeated run but it is most certainly possible. The bookies won't make us rank underdogs against Melbourne should we win this weekend.

andi'll say it was a masterstroke to replace WB and admit I know nothing and Cullen was a genius...it'd be worth the humiliation for a gf win

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Fozz said:
Coxy said:
Foordy said:
Coxy said:
We're specials! Never won a final at Suncorp Stadium in 4 attempts (plus 1 back in 1995)....we're due!

on the fox sports website it says we are 0 from 6 in finals matches at Lang Park... lets hope that record follows Bennett to the Dragons [icon_razz1

Hmmm really?

1995 vs Canberra - lost.
2004 vs Storm - lost.
2005 vs Storm - lost.
2006 vs Dragons - lost.
2008 vs Storm - lost.

I don't recall any other finals games at Suncorp/Lang Park?

Courier Mail has 1996: vs North Sydney.

yep, i was at that game

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I hope the players are not thinking the same as us here, Cause if they are its goodbye 2009.

To much of this topic has been focusing on the finals we lost. This is 2009 guys we can win it! lets get back to talking about the victory we will have on Saturday night.!!!!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Did it last week but here's the teams' respective records with the referees.
This week it's Tony Archer and Ben Cummins.

Broncos
Archer: LLLL
Cummins: WWLWWWW
Overall: 6 wins, 5 losses

Dragons
Archer: WWWW
Cummins: WLLL

Overall: 5 wins, 3 losses

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
wow we havent won under Archer, and Dragons havent lost under Archer....

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, but we struggle to lose with Cummins.... :P
Our only Cummins loss was against the Storm in Melbourne.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Yes, but we struggle to lose with Cummins.... :P
Our only Cummins loss was against the Storm in Melbourne.

so your saying draw coxy [icon_razz1

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
3 DAYS TO GO!

FIRE UP! LOUD AND PROUD BRONCOS IN 09' BABY!

THIS IS OUR GAME, OUR PREMIERSHIP!

SHOW SOME PASSION PEOPLE! FIRE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bish
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Tmac
  • Manlyman
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.