Broncos Vs. Dragons *SPOILER*

Who ever was responsible for putting those ads on the big screen should be shot. They cut the dangerous tackle on TC and something else for a season ticket ad and the crowd figure (why full screen????? Why not a ticker???). Idiots. Probably taking tips from the dogs when it comes to poor timing.

Yow Yeh. <3

We were amazing in defence! If we play like we did in the first 20 minutes of tonight's game, we'll beat Melbourne fo' sho.

One of the highlights of the game was when the Dragons fans were walking up the stairs to leave the game and a lot of the Broncos fans were standing up and laughing.

ST GEORGE CAN'T PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard from a reliable source that Alfie is on report

For chanting St George can't play whilst running water in the last 5 minutes [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Great defensive effort tonight, Thaiday was far and away the best on the field with Sims far and away the best out there when he was on. Worried re Wallace, and think we need to make as few changes as possible hence why the joke of playing DT at half is actually the way to go IMHO. Locky will play first receiver anyway with Hunt chiming in but we can then bash Melbourne with 7 forwards all game.

I just saw the replay of the second half on Fox Sports. Wow, we actually had more missed tackles than the Dragons. We had 44, they had 29.

Wow, 44 missed tackles and we still won.

Hope we don't repeat that stat next week.

I think a lot of those came from when they were throwing the ball around like crazy - ie. nothing plays. Nothing to worry about IMO, our defense looked great when it mattered.

Alec said:
I think a lot of those came from when they were throwing the ball around like crazy - ie. nothing plays. Nothing to worry about IMO, our defense looked great when it mattered.
Agreed. In the last 15 minutes Dragons HAD to offload like crazy and have many nothing plays which meant we were going to miss more tackles I don't believe the 44 MT is a true indicator of our defence.

Very satisfying that win! The forwards just bashed 'em out of the game really. Plus the effort from the all players was tremendous, the only problem now will be repeating it against a Storm team that's had two weeks off.

The atmosphere was electric as well, the crowd had this vibe about it that I'd never really experienced at a club game before.

Well I've jut gotten home from that awesome night - so much cheering - I can barely talk - damn Brissie fans are soft - no-one ever fires up - though, it was sooo sweet giving it to those dragons fans - they're always soooo damn smug - the calls as we were going home were:

"I didn't realise you spelt choke with a big red V"
"Oh when the saints, oh when the saints, oh when the saints go marching home"

Very, very sweet - I've waited sooo long for the Broncos to beat the dirty dragons, damn sweet

Also, full marks to Soward - the first conversion he took was right in front of me, and everyone and I gave him tonnes - like heaps, and he was quite composed - then he choked

I want to give a massive wrap to Antonio Winterstein.

I know there were a few doubts about his defensive ability earlier in the season, but tonight he was immense.

Every time Sailor got the ball, Winterstein was right in his face and if he didn't get him first time, he followed him until he did.

Bar one dropped ball, he was also excellent fielding kicks from Soward who seemed to direct everything his way.

Nice work fella.

Hunt to score the winning try in the GF against Hayne!

What a night! Almost perfect night except for the Wallace incident.

Ah well - let's worry about it tomorrow!

The Oki Chokey!!!

Can't say anything new here. What a magical, committed performance. What an amazing night! Who would have pictured this seven weeks ago?

Nothing to lose now, boys - just keep the belief going, belt Melbourne and I'll be getting a plane ticket to Sydneytown to witness number seven.

What a game! The fowards set it up in the opening minutes with some brutal defence. Brilliant tactics predicting that they'd gang up on Taylor, that inside ball to Karmichael was magic. Bring on Melbourne! Hopefully Wallace will be there, but if not Hunt will relish coming into a confident side instead of one on the slide like last time.

And congrats to the crowd too. That was the best atmosphere I've ever been involved in at a Broncos home game. It's like they understood the stakes and really lifted the team.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.