Broncos Vs. Eels - Build Up Thread

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
vertigo said:
Combine the attack from the Cowboys game with the defense from the Dragons game and we should be right.

If we could bottle those two and combine them we would be unstoppable!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
We can do it without him.
Hunt was good in his short stint, that cut out ball to Gillett was all class.
Wallace/Hunt next week. I would not risk Lockyer if there's any chance he'll make it worse, he's too valuable to our chances in the finals.

Anyway I'm sure Lockyer is experienced enough to know whether to play or not.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
7 day turn around should do us the world of wonders after that disappointing performance against the Cows.

Hopefully Lockyer pulls up right and obliterates the hopes of one of our competitors finals chances and basically confirms our spot in the top 8.

Winter should be right, allowing Gillett to go back onto the bench. Question will be who drops off out of Hunt, Dodds, McGuire and Anderson.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd be dropping Dodds off just because McGuire and Anderson give more to the team IMO. Also Dodds is very much like Kenny. Dodds is going to be a gun though just better for the balance of the team if he plays QLD cup.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:
7 day turn around should do us the world of wonders after that disappointing performance against the Cows.

Hopefully Lockyer pulls up right and obliterates the hopes of one of our competitors finals chances and basically confirms our spot in the top 8.

Winter should be right, allowing Gillett to go back onto the bench. Question will be who drops off out of Hunt, Dodds, McGuire and Anderson.

if Locky's ribs aren't 100% right i wouldn't play him, we don't want to risk losing him for the rest of the season. so if Locky is out Hunt can move to 5/8 and we can have a bench of Gillett, Dodds, Anderson and McGuire.

If Locky is fine to play, IMO, it would be between Kenny and Dodds as who drops out of the team

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I wrote this on another forum, hopefully you guys agree:

Parramatta. I don’t know why I hate you so much. Maybe it’s because I have a mate who is a fan and a total (lovable) merkin at the same time. Plus the whole Hayne hysteria thing in the media and Parra’s worthless bandwagon fans… not his fault I know but he is certainly a lazy, arrogant show pony who objects to being tackled every time.

What IS his fault is being a lazy, arrogant show pony who objects to being tackled every time. He either starts throwing surreptitious elbows that eventually result in penalties for Parra (good gamesmanship or poor sportsmanship + sh*t refereeing? Let’s examine the 2010 refereeing record and decide…) or he rises slowly from the turf, glaring at every player around him, shaking his empty head and dreaming of his inevitable AFL payday when he’ll surely never have to deal with being put on the turf again and can run around with his stupid arms out in a sleeveless vest after getting awarded a point for missing.

How wonderful it is to see the Parramatta season come to a sickening halt like a plane of some description (he went to stick his stupid arms out AGAIN tonight but thought better of it) ploughing into a mountain. How satisfying to see every Parra knock-on, forward pass, botched offload, etc. What gives Parra’s fans the right to be disappointed now that 2010 is apparently all over? What has their club actually done this season? Every time Parra gets a win or two the media falls over itself to huff the club’s wang and be seen to be doing it. This seems to translate to genuinely held belief that this (still) post-Sterling club can actually achieve something worthwhile any time soon… I mean it’s just sad. At least both of the Sharks’ fans have accepted their lot and are content to turn up for form’s sake.

When Parra leaks over eighty (80) points in two (2) games at the pointy end of the season against actual premiership contenders, where are the column inches and loud, breathless diatribes in the media? We’ll see if the rugby league pundits snap out of their collective Hayne-induced hypnosis and f**king tell it like it f**king is for once – Parra are a sh*t team of lazy merkins who don’t want to be there, who obviously care nothing for their fans, have recruited absolute dross in key positions while jettisoning their best home-grown talent, who have milked said media hype for all it’s worth (a lot) and convinced themselves said hype equals premiership credentials, who’ve relied too long on a single, flashy, grubby, diving gobsh*te (I hope the Hayne Complain moniker sticks from now on – good job Mr Badger) to make the rest of them look decent once in a while and who have continually let down the single good, honourable player they have been oh so lucky to have who, in his long career of consistent football could have won a premiership at just about any other club…

I realise I am sticking my neck out seeing as Parra could fluke a win against my team next week, setting off the whole Parra-as-premiers orgiastic media frenzy once more, but I just gotta say f**k you Parramatta you bunch of shallow, whiny, one trick ponies. The only thing I like more than seeing Parra lose is seeing Brisbane win, and if the world does indeed operate on a system of logical laws, I’ll get to see both at the same time in less than seven days.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Lol. merkin.

Great post, gUt. Did you get attacked by Parra fans?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Lolz actually he got two Queensland stranded Dragons supporters.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Not a bad option nat.

Not bad at all.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
bruno said he doubts locky will play friday.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
We'll get smashed if Lockyer doesn't play, even though Parra are playing like shit, Brisbane fall to bits when Lockyer doesn't play.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
renouf said:
We'll get smashed if Lockyer doesn't play, even though Parra are playing like shit, Brisbane fall to bits when Lockyer doesn't play.

a bit like the Souths game!!! [icon_shady

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
renouf said:

Souths without 3 of their best players.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
renouf said:
Bucking Beads said:
renouf said:

Souths without 3 of their best players.

Broncos without 4 of their best players!! [icon_drun

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
If Lockyer doesnt play keep the exact team (yes Winter you have played your last game for the broncos) and throw Hunt in at 6 and chuck Norman on the bench in Hunts spot. Or we could add the extra foward like Setu and McCollough can play 80mins!

Active Now

• Ronald
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ironbroncos
  • mystico
  • sooticus
  • Mustafur
  • Waynesaurus
  • LittleDavey
  • Fozz
  • Jeza23
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Alec
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.