Broncos Vs. Eels - Match Thread

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
6 pages in an hour after a Broncos loss, lucky to get 6 pages in a week after a win. Welcome to BHQ. Why can't we get as enthusiastic about a win as we do about a loss?

Anyway, the absence of Lockyer was the difference tonight. Wallace tried everything he could but if I had a dollar for every time someone got in his way I would have like 9 or 10 dollars. Parker took too many hitups running sideways. Our right side defense was bafflingly bad in the first half. The injection of Norman made no sense, as did McCullough's short second stint. Surely replacing Norman with Hunt and leaving Macca out there was the better idea?

Get well soon Locky.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, didn't see much wrong with Winterstein's contribution tonight. Our wingers weren't the problem. It was lack of go forward, lack of preventing the offload and absolutely no idea how to attack.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Big Pete said:
Really don't get the Winterstein hate.

Dude saved a certain 6 pointer and did everything asked of him.
He was very good today, strong from dummy half and saved us from a Hayne plane crap show!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
gUt said:
6 pages in an hour after a Broncos loss, lucky to get 6 pages in a week after a win. Welcome to BHQ. Why can't we get as enthusiastic about a win as we do about a loss?

Actually, only about one page has been posted since the game finished.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Yeah, didn't see much wrong with Winterstein's contribution tonight. Our wingers weren't the problem. It was lack of go forward, lack of preventing the offload and absolutely no idea how to attack.

He wasn't bad tonight he is just shit in general. Offers nothing in attack never gets involved. Waste of space, should just give Gagai a crack.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
gUt said:

Actually, only about one page has been posted since the game finished.

Curse you and your fancy "facts".

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Some good things about tonight.

1) Doing the Hayne Plane after Hayne's no try.
2) Parra going straight up the tunnel after the game and not giving their fans (and the fans did turn out in numbers) any thanks. At least the ones in the Eastern stand.
3) The Yow Yeh try. Damn, I loved that!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
That Yow yeh try was the only highlight from the game for me... He really put a move on INU.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
gUt said:
Anyway, the absence of Lockyer was the difference tonight. Wallace tried everything he could but if I had a dollar for every time someone got in his way I would have like 9 or 10 dollars. Parker took too many hitups running sideways. Our right side defense was bafflingly bad in the first half. The injection of Norman made no sense, as did McCullough's short second stint. Surely replacing Norman with Hunt and leaving Macca out there was the better idea?

Gut has summed it up perfectly, apart from "IH you either start with Norman or don't pick him at all".
Few standouts at all tonight, just lots of dis-organisation and I do NOT blame Wally for that at all, put a playmaker outside of him to take pressure off and we have a different ball game. Comes down to IH's lack of coaching experience of what to do when under pressure, something that hopefully he learns from.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Well now I know why Norman didn't start tonight, he can't handle playing 80 mins of football says the silly woman who shouldn't be even allowed out of the kitchen let alone watching TV....

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Mateo's 2 biggest strengths are his left foot step and his offload. He has burnt us with them so many times in the past, surely we'd know to look out for it by now!! FFS boys, defend as a unit and play for each other!! Mateo and Hayne love staggered defensive lines and we served it to them on a platter tonight.

And as has been mentioned, Ivan they were some shockers tonight champ. I can forgive playing Carroll at 5/8 in the preliminary last year if you'd learnt from it. Looks like you hadn't tonight.

And what happened to Dodds? He started the game great and then benched until it was all over!! He was the only one tackling well enough to stop the offloads!!

Can't be too critical of Wallace tonight folks. Thanks to Ivan's tactics he had the weight of the world on his shoulders tonight.

And yeh need Lockyer.

Been some wraps for Thaiday and Parker but I thought they were both shit. Looks like I am not alone there either. Thaidays hands are letting him down big time at the moment and Parker's sideway hitups just offered nothing. Just cramped the outside backs for room.

On the bright side thought Glenn played well, Hoffman good again and Yow Yeh good too. And ease up on Winterstein he did nothing wrong and a good try saver.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Your right about Glenn he is really starting to hit his straps. The trouble is finidng a position for him to play 80 mins.. Parker is killing us with those rubbish runs he takes also...

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
You have to wonder where the props are early in the set. Obviously we were down 1 big man tonight. Parker seems to always be there for hit up 1 or 2, then again in 3 or 4. He should let the big guys smash it up early and try to use his crabbing runs to suck defenders in and give Izzy or Glenn more room.

Another thing that annoyed me about tonight was Izzy not passing to Winterstein a couple of times when it could have counted. Izzy could be the best winger ever, guess we'll never know though eh.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Parker's sideway running is what started 2 of our 3 tries tonight... :roll:

Norman is down in confidence and needs to improve a lot before getting the starting spot, he was absolutely lost in attack and defense tonight, although expecting much from an 18 y/o after 50 minutes with that kind of pressure doesn't help...

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Broncos failed to wrap the ball up too often and early season lack of concentration at the back end of half's has crept back into their game over the past few weeks, leading to tries with a min left on the clock.

Without Lockyer they took forever to get into any sort of formation and with Gillett at 5/8 they wasted 50Min's of the game, instead of letting Gillett play his natural game like he has been all season he was reduced to a link man, something Norman could have and has done already this season when we have won 2/3, losing one on the buzzer to the tigers, Gillett should be receiving the ball not passing it.

Thaiday had a poor game by his standards and missed quite a few crucial tackles that led to lbs.

Parras forwards out muscled the Broncos pack and Mateo was outstanding, just couldn't contain him. Hoffman was again very good.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
gUt said:
You have to wonder where the props are early in the set. Obviously we were down 1 big man tonight. Parker seems to always be there for hit up 1 or 2, then again in 3 or 4. He should let the big guys smash it up early and try to use his crabbing runs to suck defenders in and give Izzy or Glenn more room.

Another thing that annoyed me about tonight was Izzy not passing to Winterstein a couple of times when it could have counted. Izzy could be the best winger ever, guess we'll never know though eh.
Izzy and Winterstein play on different sides. Did you mean Yow Yeh instead of Winter? And yes, Folau does hog the ball a bit sometimes, but I didn't see any opportunities for him to offload to Yow Yeh today.

Hodges and Inglis will give their wingers better service for sure! icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Broncorob
  • Justwin
  • Galah
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galco
  • Strop
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • Michaelodap
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.