Broncos Vs. Eels - Match Thread

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
1) P Wallace
2) IH's decision for 5/8

What the Broncos are going to do once Locky goes I have no idea...

R

radicaljack

BRL Player
Apr 20, 2008
Wow,i cant believe people are bashing Parker for "Taking to many hit ups". His experience was needed out there tonight and he showed up with a sh!tload off runs and a sh!itload of offloads. More than any of the other forwards could manage.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Professor47 said:
1) P Wallace
2) IH's decision for 5/8

I would hope more then 1 game here and there will allow Wallace/Norman to gel.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Clintos said:
I'm so **** sick of Folau not passing!

+10000

He does it every game fair enough Izzy you get across the line a fair bit but jesus if your winger is open give him the ball.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
IMO once Hodge is back put him at right centre and Folau right wing(Yow Yeh left and drop Winter). Folau isn't really a centre, he plays much more like a winger, he's a great finisher and runner but not at all good at creating opportunities like a centre should. He also offers a very safe option in defence, particularly for high balls and his runs to start a set off are valuable, he also doesn't get invovled much which suits fine for a winger but can come in when he needs to still. If Hodges returns I see Folau as more value at wing.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Damn I thought Henjak was over his fetish with meaningless experiments.

Damn, someone tell Parker to keep wide and run straight.

Was this the start of the new series of LOST?
Sigh ... we are a one man band after all
What a disappointing game, not 'cos we lost, but because we don't know how to win

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
IMO once Hodge is back put him at right centre and Folau right wing(Yow Yeh left and drop Winter). Folau isn't really a centre, he plays much more like a winger, he's a great finisher and runner but not at all good at creating opportunities like a centre should. He also offers a very safe option in defence, particularly for high balls and his runs to start a set off are valuable, he also doesn't get invovled much which suits fine for a winger but can come in when he needs to still. If Hodges returns I see Folau as more value at wing.

Folau has been in devastating form all season in the centres. Just because he doesn't pass much, that's no reason to move him from a position where he has been carving up.

Hodges or no Hodges.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Professor47 said:
1) P Wallace
2) IH's decision for 5/8

Havent u heard from all the great minds on here mate? When locky goes everything will be rosey because Norman will come in, and wallace will play his ordinary "organisational" role and somehow we will be fantastic.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Our go forward was again atrocious, only guy we have who makes good metres through the middle is Parker and he is allegedly our lock! Tonight we got schooled by a superb rotation of props Moi Moi/Mannah/Poore/Cayless showed us how running hard, straight and aggressively makes the side metres and creates quick play the balls. Mateo and Hayne absolutely carved us to shreds because they kept a constant roll on all night through the middle of the park and we just don't slow the ball runner down and tonight we refused to stop any offloads either. As crap as I thought Wallace was this was lost purely on the back of our atrocious pack performance.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
Professor47 said:
1) P Wallace
2) IH's decision for 5/8

Havent u heard from all the great minds on here mate? When locky goes everything will be rosey because Norman will come in, and wallace will play his ordinary "organisational" role and somehow we will be fantastic.

Well what's your bloody suggestion then?

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah I don't rate Wallace either but I haven't really heard any of the guys here who defend him say we will be fine when Lockyer retires because 'Wallace will be awesome'. We have serious issues coming up because it is clear right now Wallace isn't a guy that will win us football matches in the 6 or 7 and we need to know pretty soon whether Norman or Hunt is the guy who can otherwise we might need to shop around.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
ningnangnong said:
broncospwn said:

Folau has been in devastating form all season in the centres. Just because he doesn't pass much, that's no reason to move him from a position where he has been carving up.

Hodges or no Hodges.
But it's nothing he couldn't do at wing IMO.

porouian

porouian

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
Does anyone know what the 9 crew were talking about after the Burt try? As he was lining up the conversion, they said Archer was over virtually "apologising" to Corey about something, saying "I've made the call and I can't go back on it" - was it the forward pass from dummy half or did I miss something else?

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
The Brizz said:
Our go forward was again atrocious, only guy we have who makes good metres through the middle is Parker and he is allegedly our lock! Tonight we got schooled by a superb rotation of props Moi Moi/Mannah/Poore/Cayless showed us how running hard, straight and aggressively makes the side metres and creates quick play the balls. Mateo and Hayne absolutely carved us to shreds because they kept a constant roll on all night through the middle of the park and we just don't slow the ball runner down and tonight we refused to stop any offloads either. As crap as I thought Wallace was this was lost purely on the back of our atrocious pack performance.

^^^^ this.

We can't underestimate the advantage of a good go-forward from our forwards. If they had've done thier job better last night then i feel we would've won that game. It would've not put so much pressure on our young halves to perform miracles while still in poor field position.

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
At least the crowd sounded quite loud on tv, very loud boos for archer many times.

L

langer77

QCup Player
Jul 19, 2010
he did not have a very bad game one loss and lots of you guys going into blame and panic

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Alec said:
Thaiday had an absolutely shocker tonight IMO.

Because he was too scared to run in as 3 man if there was a fight. [icon_razz1

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.