Broncos Vs. Eels - Match Thread

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
langer77 said:
Scotty said:
Wallace, the game was lost... WTF WERE YOU **** THINKING!?! Our for and against may well be the only thing that gets us into the finals and you do something idiotic like that.

What a dipshit.

give him a brake his game was not that bad

I never said his game was bad, I was having a go at him for his brain explosion at the end of the match. He played alright but he gifted them their last try, that was just stupid.

F

forward_pass

QCup Player
Mar 12, 2008
Big Pete said:
Archer obviously f**ked up somewhere and I expect it was at a vital stage of the game.

A few somewhere's... Don't really know how they missed that forward pass out of the ruck for the second last try [eusa_doh And I'm pretty sure Hayne stuck his arm out and knocked on his line not long before, which would have given us a scrum 10 out. 50/50's are killing me...

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
How many times is Ivan going to make the bonehead play of putting a backrower in the halves when Locky or Wallace is out? He tried in the semis last year, it failed. Tried it tonight, it failed.

Get a clue you bald headed prick! Play Norman from the start or not at all.

There was ZERO leadership out there tonight. None. Nada. Zilch. And how fucking retarded are we not to know Mateo is going to offload everytime? Fucking smash him! Hurt him!

IMO that cost us a finals berth. I don't think we can beat Knights or Warriors away.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah Thaiday was making a lot of silly mistake last game and this game. He needs to go back to what he was doing and stop stuffing around. Anyways we had so much pressure in first half and couldn't produce anything, cost us the game.

shadow

shadow

NYC Player
May 9, 2009
Mateo made us look really poor, great game from him.

For us, far too many 'pick-up-ball-step-left-go-back-to-right-run-into-marker plays' -- made no ground, and even lost the ball doing it several times....so frustrating.....McCullough was ordinary again, don't rate him at all....and he should never kick.....

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Coxy said:
How many times is Ivan going to make the bonehead play of putting a backrower in the halves when Locky or Wallace is out? He tried in the semis last year, it failed. Tried it tonight, it failed.

Get a clue you bald headed prick! Play Norman from the start or not at all.

There was ZERO leadership out there tonight. None. Nada. Zilch. And how **** retarded are we not to know Mateo is going to offload everytime? **** smash him! Hurt him!

IMO that cost us a finals berth. I don't think we can beat Knights or Warriors away.
[icon_lol1. Honestly though I couldn't agree more. i know we were missing Locky but we could have won that if we wrapped up the ball in defence and stopped making schoolboy errors in attack. Thaiday was crap today IMO and it annoyed the living shit out of me just how long it took ivan to put norman on.... FFS if gillett is a 5/8 then Lockyer is a fucking prop forward.

T

TLCC

BRL Player
Mar 12, 2008
Shit game, shit refs! Sammy was terrible, Gillette looked lost, no energy, terrible last tackle options at times. Hoffman was excellent, great tackle early in the game on Mateo I think and tried hard in attack. Wallace an improvement but still not good enough. Also think Anderson and Maguire provide a bit of a lift when they come on. Refs let them control the speed of the game and play offside (why give 4 warnings to Moi Moi before finally a penalty!), gave them all the 50/50's but in the end it came down to us not capitalising on the possession in the first half.

Will have to improve a heap to get a win next week. Newcastle are not that good but then neither are we atm, especially without Locky!

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Hmm gee, was a right? We didn't get smashed, but never looked like winning that game.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Scotty said:
Sammy knocks on over the line. Game over.

Ivan, you've done a terrific job this year but you make some **** weird decisions sometimes. Next game, don't **** about and actually put a 5/8 at 5/8 before the 50th minute.
You're so right!
It's like IH suddenly panics when one of his established halves goes missing before an important game and tries to invent something to compensate for it. Ivan, you CAN'T compensate for the loss of Lockyer!

I haven't read the rest of this thread, but I'm pretty sure who's mostly copping the flak... :roll:

I did my mea culpa regarding Henjak, and still believe he has a lot of merit with what he has done with this young team, but FFS why this?
After Tunza at half back, now Gillett at 5/8. This defeat has IH's signature, no one else's!
The team structure was all over the place, with players literally getting in eachother's way. You can't just stir everything up, change players around the park, throw in a new game plan, and expect a group of kids to produce the goods...?
Put Norman or Hunt in as 5/8 and leave the rest of the team to play as they have gotten used to.

Macca was positively horrible, Gillett played his worst game of the season (can't blame him), Norman entered the game under heaps of pressure and got easily found out. This won't do his confidence any good either. Hunt wasn't better than the others and despite being by far the best half, Wallace had a couple of costly mistakes with that kick out on the full that resulted in a try against us and that last ditch attempt, but that's the least of my worries, because he was the only one that put pressure on the Eels with his kicking. The decision making was absolutely shocking, with incredibly stupid stuff being done early in the tackle count. Youth will do that to you I guess... [icon_shru

Backline very good, all did their work well, pulled some desperate defence, and scored tries almost on their own.
The forwards weren't even that bad either, although the defence was a bit shoddy at times. Parker, Te'o and McGuire were very good, Tronc his usual self while Dodds showed some solid defence. Anderson was below par and Thaiday made a few mistakes, both in attach as well as in defence, uncharacteristic from him.

Why did Mateo, who has been doing sh!t all season, decided to pull up a blinder against us...? :evil:

The worst part is that with the Roosters defeat at the hand of the Sharks, this could have been the perfect opportunity to put send the Eels packing for mad Monday and establish ourselves in or close to the top 4. [icon_non

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
WARNING WARNING ALCOHOL FUELLED RANT IN PROGRESS

FFFFFFFFF#########CCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

1. Ivan, I just made a thread giving you credit and you lay this shit on me, Norman needed to start.. We has mutliple chances to score early on but couldn't due to no options because we had a backrower playing as a five eigth. Also Dodds is a workhorse style prop 25 mins won't do for him.

2. Wallace, you are shit. I can't hide it anymore, I really wish you would ask for a release and F#ck off to Sydney and live. If we are going to put up with a inconsistent reatard at halfback why not pick Ben Ikin FFS. Surely I mean surely Hunt or Norman would do as good a job if not better given they actually have talent.

3. Archer robs us everytime, I got banned for laying down an awesome rant on Archer I won't do it again but damn he deserves it.

4. Winterstien, I think he is in the same boat as Wallace. I reckon an armless midget would be better on the wing than this tit.

5. Why couldn't we tackle Mateo??? We just stood around like dick knobs waiting for him to offload and create tries for Parra.

6. Why did we have to put up with Fat Gould and Red Warren suck off Hayne and go ona bout parra FFS. Over the NRL tonigth and channel 9 and losing to shit teams in front of a home crowd.
[icon_thumbs_do [icon_frown [icon_confu :mad:

P

Prime

May 14, 2010
Would like to know what Wallace was thinking when he grubbered on halfway with the game already wrapped up.
With such a tight competition we need to maintain our differential!

On a lighter note Parker, Te'o and Hoffman all toiled hard tonight.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Sam, how the heck don't you score that try? Did we even make Mateo play the ball once?

Do we practice impact tackling? cos we don't do it during a game and it looks deliberate.

Wallace has NFI inside the attacking twenty, he had so much opportunity in that first half but he just doesn't have the creativity or speed.
In fairness to him he has average DHs, no 5/8 or a very inexperienced one, when he finally gets on, and not a lot of ball playing coming from the FB.
Having said that we don't seem to have trouble getting down the field, we have trouble converting pressure into points and that is his job.

P.S. Don't shoot the messenger. :|

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Parker works ahrd but he is always in the way taking hit ups that aren't his. He needs to step back sometimes and let others have a crack instead of pushing in all the time. Bloody angry with that performance really pisses me off.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Really don't get the Winterstein hate.

Dude saved a certain 6 pointer and did everything asked of him.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.