Broncos Vs. Knights - Build Up Thread

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yepz.

I believe I posted an article earlier with a direct quote from Henjak basically admitting he got it wrong on Friday.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Professor47 said:
Is IH using Norman at 6 to start?

If he uses MG there I'm going to rage seriously...

He's been quoted as saying he'll start with Norman at 5/8 from now until Lockyers return.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
It's a fact Dexter a broken rib, as you say depending on the severity of the break, is preferable to a detached or torn cartilage. I can't see Lockyer returning for at least another 2 or 3 weeks. Most likely longer.

Last week Henjak, according to his comments, said he thought it would be physical and that was a fair call. I thought at the time he was actually going to drop Norman in early, say after 15 mins and then leave him in for the remainder of the match. That seemed to make sense as Norman is picked 5/8 by choice and Gillett was intended to be a solid defender early.

Protecting Norman from energetic players is not having much faith in him and even if Henjak does have faith in him to do the job then you would have to ask, how tired did he want them to be before he showed his hand ??

When Norman got a run he was expected to immediately produce with perfect timing. To be playing with the correct timing is hard for any position on the field as perfectly demonstrated each week when the forwards begin rotation. How many times do we see the forward be a fraction late in tackles or a fraction early in his first hitup ?

Getting the pace of a game can be difficult but when your first touch is do or die, 5th tackle and getting rushed and all at 18 y/old then a bad game is much more likely. He should have had much more time to get into the game and Henjak seems to have bowed to better judgement.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
I can see where Ivan was coming from. Let the rough stuff which is usually about the first 20mins settle down and then bring Norman on. If he had of started and been run over the top of a couple of times then it wouldnt of done his confidence any good at all. I dont agree with leaving him on the bench for so long though. I would of liked to seen him on after the first 20mins.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Donny said:
I can see where Ivan was coming from. Let the rough stuff which is usually about the first 20mins settle down and then bring Norman on. If he had of started and been run over the top of a couple of times then it wouldnt of done his confidence any good at all. I dont agree with leaving him on the bench for so long though. I would of liked to seen him on after the first 20mins.

So instead he comes on after 50 minutes and his first attempt at tackle he's run straight through and the Eels score...

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Coxy said:
Donny said:

So instead he comes on after 50 minutes and his first attempt at tackle he's run straight through and the Eels score...

I didnt say it worked [eusa_doh

All i said was i could see where he was coming from! I'd rather see him start to be honest!

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Righto so have just realised that a win this week will put us at least 7th, because Manly play the Warriors.

So if we win and:

1) The Warriors win, we go to 28 points, Manly stay on 26th, so we are 7th
2) Manly win, we got to 28 points, Manly also to 28, and a better F/A puts us above the Warriors, to 7th. Manly to 6th.
3) Either one of those, and Titans beat the Roosters, that's a bonus and we got to 6th with a better F/A than the Roosters (though not a whole lot better, every bit counts).

So a big opportunity this weekend.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What if we lose? :|

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I really have no idea what to expect this week, which is exciting in a way. I have very little expectation of us winning but no if our pack rolls their sleeves up and our halves really take some responsibility we should win. I really feel this is the game which decides our finals fate because going to New Zealand needing to win (probably without Lockyer) is a mammoth task. This game is huge for Wallace IMO, because he can go out there and pilot us into the finals.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
What if we lose? :|

If I may play Devil's Advocate for a moment....
*goes and plays a pinball machine called Devil's Advocate*

Seriously, if we lose this week we have to hope St George beat Canberra, Penrith beat Souths and Wests Tigers beat Parramatta, or suddenly we are level with 1, 2, 3 or 4 other teams (Manly as well) on 26 points.

A

Abe The Cop

QCup Player
Mar 13, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
I still think we need Sims or Setu on the bench, Dodds struggles to offer anything but a decent tackle every once and a while IMO. [icon_shru
Is Setu injured? I don't remember seeing his name when I glanced at the QC sides for this week.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Abe The Cop said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2dg0v680]I still think we need Sims or Setu on the bench, Dodds struggles to offer anything but a decent tackle every once and a while IMO. [icon_shru
Is Setu injured? I don't remember seeing his name when I glanced at the QC sides for this week.[/quote:2dg0v680]

Yep, badly from memory? Out for the season.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Coxy said:
Abe The Cop said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":38sgj47c]I still think we need Sims or Setu on the bench, Dodds struggles to offer anything but a decent tackle every once and a while IMO. [icon_shru
Is Setu injured? I don't remember seeing his name when I glanced at the QC sides for this week.

Yep, badly from memory? Out for the season.[/quote:38sgj47c]

Broken jaw.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
broncos will win reasonably comfortably tonight fellas.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I just watched henjak on NRL and after absorbing each and every word and each unintentional body signal I feel largely reassured. His frame of mind and intentions, coupled with his insightful conclusions leaves me feeling that the team is not only well instructed but, ideally coached. He nailed it. In my mind , translated into what I think he was saying is, win it first in the forwards and let the backs do the rest. Sam Backo said it, Oh so eloquently !... years ago.

I know Henjaks got this preparation right. It's now totally up to the team. Go you far.ken good things.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Clintos
  • jd87
  • mitch222
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • Financeguy
  • Mister Wright
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MasterWright
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.