Broncos vs Knights Game Thread *Broncos team named*

666 said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
666 said:
spoonbled said:
Strong side, great to see Kenny keeping his spot. Stagg did the job last week.

Just hope Marsh will be fit but i doubt he would be.

Why dont we have Roberts in the team instead of Perry???

On perry and roberts. Perry can cover 6, 7 and 9 whilst roberts can really only cover 9.

Neither should be there, but thats why Perry over Roberts.

If Perry is adequate cover for 9 I am the Pope.

He can cover if Ennis went down better than Roberts could if Wallace went down. Didn't Perry start at hooker against the Cowboys?

Perry is the worst hooker option in the NRL. All he can do is pass reasonably, he offers nothing else as a hooker. He gives us no momentum and this was proof when he started against the Storm and our forwards were walking to the ball because our hooker was standing still at the ruck and not pushing forward. Ennis came on and the ruck was flowing because Ennis like any adequate hooking option takes the ball and moves forward and gets his players in motion before just lobbing it to the person next to him.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
666 said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":143f89zn]
666 said:
spoonbled said:
Strong side, great to see Kenny keeping his spot. Stagg did the job last week.

Just hope Marsh will be fit but i doubt he would be.

Why dont we have Roberts in the team instead of Perry???

On perry and roberts. Perry can cover 6, 7 and 9 whilst roberts can really only cover 9.

Neither should be there, but thats why Perry over Roberts.

If Perry is adequate cover for 9 I am the Pope.

He can cover if Ennis went down better than Roberts could if Wallace went down. Didn't Perry start at hooker against the Cowboys?

Perry is the worst hooker option in the NRL. All he can do is pass reasonably, he offers nothing else as a hooker. He gives us no momentum and this was proof when he started against the Storm and our forwards were walking to the ball because our hooker was standing still at the ruck and not pushing forward. Ennis came on and the ruck was flowing because Ennis like any adequate hooking option takes the ball and moves forward and gets his players in motion before just lobbing it to the person next to him.[/quote:143f89zn]

You kinda miss the point though, never once did I claim Perry was a good or great hooker, he can do it though if injury requires it, and could do it better than Roberts would if he was thrust into the 7 or 6 in a similar situation. Personally though both players best position is left right out.

Oh absolutely, I would love to see Moon in the 6 and Stagg the reserve hooker over them (he can pass the ball just like they can) or bring up a kid from the u20's or QLD Cup who can do both jobs.

What are you on? Stagg has done an excellent job at 5/8". Besides Lockyer how many teams have a "traditional" 5/8"? I can't think of any. What makes Stagg a good choice is that it allows Marsh/Ennis and Wallace to run the game while he sures up the defensive line behind the forwards, like a cover defender. The Broncos look a lot more soild in the middle of the ruck when Stagg is there. The other upside is it forces Wallace to take more responibility for the attack, a major problem for the Broncos in previous seasons when Lockyer was out. Moon has so far not impressed when he has been given the chance and I don't expect him to play in this game either.

Willie said:
The Rock said:
Fantastic side.

I thought Marsh and Hodges were still in doubt?

Marsh is out but likely to return for the game against the Titans

If Marsh is out why was he named in the side?

fenomeno said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Nashy said:
I hope Taylor plays.

As long as he isnt caught smoking again this week he will be fine i reckon [icon_wink

What happened there?

I have it from a reliable source (one of his family members) that he was stood down last week because he was caught smoking [icon_confu

That's LOL. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the stance, but the number of players who smoke is ridiculous. To single out DT for that is laughable.

Unless he was smoking something other than tobacco, but I would think he'd cop WAY more than a week stood down for that.

Coxy said:
That's LOL. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the stance, but the number of players who smoke is ridiculous. To single out DT for that is laughable.

Unless he was smoking something other than tobacco, but I would think he'd cop WAY more than a week stood down for that.

hey, as i said, from a reliable source. think he was busted smoking at training or something, maybe its different on broncos property or someting?

Not saying you're wrong, or that your source lied. I just think it's ridiculous.

Coxy said:
Not saying you're wrong, or that your source lied. I just think it's ridiculous.

o ok, yeah seems a bit harsh doesnt it lol

if its true, it doesnt seem harsh at all, tbh they should have given him a fine and a month on the sidelines........ their not being paid big money to smoke, and Taylors fitness is suspect enough without him smoking, and the trainers should be pissed off at him for wasting their time.......from what ive seen of him he has a poor attitude and id like to see webby spend some time with him and give him a good kick up his fat ass........

nopatience101 said:
if its true, it doesnt seem harsh at all, tbh they should have given him a fine and a month on the sidelines........ their not being paid big money to smoke, and Taylors fitness is suspect enough without him smoking, and the trainers should be pissed off at him for wasting their time.......from what ive seen of him he has a poor attitude and id like to see webby spend some time with him and give him a good kick up his fat ass........

I've seen Hodges, Hunt, Lockyer and Langer smoke. Let's drop them all too (obviously not Langer..)

it would be interesting to actually see how many 1st graders are regular smokers.

Id guess its more than we think.

Smoking must of helped Jason Smith play for that long................

Forgot to mention Berro. Saw him more than most.

spoonbled said:
it would be interesting to actually see how many 1st graders are regular smokers.

Id guess its more than we think.

Smoking must of helped Jason Smith play for that long................

[icon_lol1. I think not having to train for the last 3 or 4 seasons of his career helped more [icon_wink

nopatience101 said:

Get off your high horse. A fine and a month on the sidelines for smoking? Get real. If Bennett wanted him to work on his fitness and then found him having a smoke at training I could understand him getting dropped to Qld cup for a week, more than that and it would be excessive IMO.

Do players have a clause in their contracts prohibiting them from smoking?

Not specifically, though I'm sure they do have a clause forbidding them from participating in activities that have a likelihood of causing self harm. eg, rock climbing without harnesses.

However, although smoking undoubtedly has long term health effects, it's not likely to cause instant harm. Unless you swallow a few of the butts, that filter material is nasty! :P

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Manlyman
  • NSW stables
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.