Broncos vs Knights Game Thread *Broncos team named*

Coxy said:
Not specifically, though I'm sure they do have a clause forbidding them from participating in activities that have a likelihood of causing self harm. eg, rock climbing without harnesses.

However, although smoking undoubtedly has long term health effects, it's not likely to cause instant harm. Unless you swallow a few of the butts, that filter material is nasty! :P
You should try lighting up that end of a ciggy accidentally. Wow. Terrible + Headspin. Woo!

my point is they are being paid as professional athletes and as such they should behave and act like one, im sure you wouldnt catch Grant Hackett smoking.......... there would be hundreds of kids training their ass off to have the opportunity Taylor has had...... He has to learn some self discipline if he has any aspirations of being great.....and its no different to Eastwood and KFC and i know theres alot of you who have been on his back about getting fit and laying off the junk food.....if Taylor wants to smoke thats his choice, i have no problem with it, but he also has the choice of being a professional athlete or a plumber working 9-5 most days to make a third of the money hes on......... He has alot of talent but thats only going to get him so far..........

Coxy said:
Not specifically, though I'm sure they do have a clause forbidding them from participating in activities that have a likelihood of causing self harm. eg, rock climbing without harnesses.

However, although smoking undoubtedly has long term health effects, it's not likely to cause instant harm. Unless you swallow a few of the butts, that filter material is nasty! :P

Are you speaking from experience coxy? [icon_lol1.

[icon_lol1. No, being a non smoker the things disgust me, no matter how close I get to them. They'd never get that close to my mouth. Though I did have a mate who, as a drunken stunt, decided it'd be funny to swallow half a dozen of them.

Ended up in hospital with some kind of poisoning.

And nopatience: I agree with you. Players shouldn't smoke. They should eat healthy food. They shouldn't drink excessively either. They most certainly shouldn't use illicit drugs. All these things do damage to their bodies and minds and undoubtedly impact on their abilities.

But while all but one of the above is legal, they're entitled to do it. The only risk they face is if the club says they're unfit and put strict guidelines on them forbidding the above and they are caught, they can be punished as the club sees fit (one week, one month, contract torn up, whatever).

Is this the smoking thread or Broncos Vs. Knights thread eusa_think? If I remember correctly the Broncos don't have a good record down there.?.? But I have never backed against the boys and won't start now. Broncos by 16. Carroll FTS, Sims MOTM.

We've actually won 3 of our last 4 in Newcastle I think.

If the team remains as is and no further injuries occur, I'll say Broncos by 14 with Hunt MotM and Hodges FTS.

Knights hav Cross coming back from injury this week. That will help with their go forward. Broncs should get home by 12+. Kemp FTS, Wallace MOTM.

Anyone know if Palmer Wapau is in the mix for a run soon? Or will that happen around origin time?

Scotty said:
Anyone know if Palmer Wapau is in the mix for a run soon? Or will that happen around origin time?

I bloody hope he is! The man is angry and wants to run at someone.

I'd unleash him against the Titans. [icon_evillaugh

Clintos said:
Knights hav Cross coming back from injury this week. That will help with their go forward. Broncs should get home by 12+. Kemp FTS, Wallace MOTM.

That sounds like a good assessment. I don't know what it is, but I just have a really good feeling about this game. The side looks really strong and they should get home comfortably.

ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:

I bloody hope he is! The man is angry and wants to run at someone.

I'd unleash him against the Titans. [icon_evillaugh

He is currenlty injured with an ankle injury and could be out for quite sometime [icon_frown

nopatience101 said:
my point is they are being paid as professional athletes and as such they should behave and act like one, im sure you wouldnt catch Grant Hackett smoking.......... there would be hundreds of kids training their ass off to have the opportunity Taylor has had...... He has to learn some self discipline if he has any aspirations of being great.....and its no different to Eastwood and KFC and i know theres alot of you who have been on his back about getting fit and laying off the junk food.....if Taylor wants to smoke thats his choice, i have no problem with it, but he also has the choice of being a professional athlete or a plumber working 9-5 most days to make a third of the money hes on......... He has alot of talent but thats only going to get him so far..........

Also be interesting to see whether you'd recommend the same action being taken against other players "caught" having a few ciggies. I must say I've seen at least seven or eight of our boys indulging...

Hodges limps off field

April 12, 2008 JUSTIN Hodges has thrown a scare into Brisbane, limping from the field at the end of the team's final training session before their match against Newcastle.

As Hodges clutched at his left ankle, full-back Karmichael Hunt ran 20 metres to see if his teammate needed any help.

After showing obvious signs of pain, Hodges limped into the dressing rooms to ice his ankle.

"I just rolled my ankle at the end of the session," said Hodges, who missed last week's loss to Melbourne with a hamstring strain.

"It feels OK now and I'll be right to go."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Wally Lewis has said PJ Marsh is out. [icon_frown [icon_confu

Kaz said:
Wally Lewis has said PJ Marsh is out. [icon_frown [icon_confu

Has Shane Perry been knobbling him? [eusa_doh

Joel Moon in for PJ Marsh. Wow Bennett has come to his senses. icon_smile

Big Pete said:

finally no Perry.

Big Pete said:

How? Moon has not shown the slightest bit of quality on the football field.

Does he absolutely carve up in QLD cup or something?

Unread

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.