Broncos vs Knights LIVE SCORES SPOILERS REVEALED

• Thread starter broncos_are_the_best
  • Start date
Beads6 said:
Alec said:
Gidley should be the fullback for NSW, and even Australia IMO. IMO right now he's the best fullback in the game.

As good as he is playing you can't seriously tell me he is playing better than Slater?? There are too many good fullbacks in the game. Fullbacks are made to look good because at the end of every set they get the ball.

Yeah, him, Hunt and Bowen are all definitely better than Slater.

Alec said:
Beads6 said:
Alec said:
Gidley should be the fullback for NSW, and even Australia IMO. IMO right now he's the best fullback in the game.

As good as he is playing you can't seriously tell me he is playing better than Slater?? There are too many good fullbacks in the game. Fullbacks are made to look good because at the end of every set they get the ball.

Yeah, him, Hunt and Bowen are all definitely better than Slater.

:shock: OK, now I'm as big a fan of the K. Hunt as any bloke, but to say he's in better FORM than Slater is laughable. Ditto Bowen and Gidley. Bowen is positively woeful at the moment, probably because of the niggling knee injury that's kept him out this week.

Slater is the form fullback in the competition, without a shadow of a doubt. Doesn't mean he's a better player than the others, because each of them have different things they're good at/not good at.

And one thing to consider is that at Test level it's hard to play yourself out of the jersey. At the moment, Stewart and Hunt are the incumbent Test fullbacks and there would have to be compelling reasons why one of them shouldn't get the number 1 maroon and blue jersey (they're not wearing green and gold for this test).

And before anyone says it, Slater's form isn't a compelling reason to say that Hunt and Stewart can't do the job. That another player could do it better is often irrelevant in Test selections. People can whinge about it all they like, but form isn't the sole criteria for selection.

OK, now for the game. I thought it was a pretty scratchy performance from the Broncos. They did enough in a couple of spurts in the first half to win the game, but they really seemed to lack teamwork and cohesion.

Wallace had his worst game in Broncos colours. Stagg is non existent as a playmaking force, so it all came down to Ennis and thankfully he put in a blinder!

I thought Hodges was pretty dreadful yet again in defence. He simply has no confidence in whoever his winger is. He makes poor decisions in defence at times and that really puts pressure on. No wonder teams attack his side of the field. Boyd and Michaels are safe as houses on the other side.

Joel Clinton...well, I said it to a few people, but he'd probably be the only person who could've stayed in my house the last week and not caught the flu off me. He drops everything. I think he needs to relax and not try so hard. Frankly I wouldn't keep him in the 17 if Parker is fit.

Boyd, Kemp and Michaels were all solid out wide with little ball to work with. Only criticism would be Boyd's kick ahead, probably just mishit, the idea wasn't TOO bad, though the percentage play was to take the tackle.

Hannant and Sims pretty quiet by their standards, and clearly Bennett was giving them reduced minutes with the scoreline how it was at half time. Perhaps once the Broncos got to 28-8 up they started thinking about next week's game...

Anyway, top of the ladder after 5 rounds. Let's hope we're still top of the round after 6 (and more importantly, 26).

Looking at them on the tele, they looked unhappy, and like they didn't want to be there. Each try, maybe 3 or 4 put on a smile, but nothing like usual.

Hodges shouldn't have been there. He was clearly injured in someway, and certainly wasn't playing as he does when fit. He looked tired, and run down, like most of the team.

Nashy said:
Looking at them on the tele, they looked unhappy, and like they didn't want to be there. Each try, maybe 3 or 4 put on a smile, but nothing like usual.

Hodges shouldn't have been there. He was clearly injured in someway, and certainly wasn't playing as he does when fit. He looked tired, and run down, like most of the team.
Dude they were playing in a freaking thunder storm. Who WOULD want to be there?!

As for the Gidley try with Stagg taken out, didn't anyone see Naiqama taken out by Nick Kenny that saved a certain try? [icon_evillaugh

mrslong said:
Nashy said:

Dude they were playing in a freaking thunder storm. Who WOULD want to be there?!

As for the Gidley try with Stagg taken out, didn't anyone see Naiqama taken out by Nick Kenny that saved a certain try? [icon_evillaugh

I don't care if it was snowing. They are footballers, it's part of the job.

It wasn't raining for most of the game, so what's their excuse? That it looks like it might rain?

subsbligh said:
TBH Clinton has showed nothing so far to prove himself - except for making a couple of basic drop ball errors in each of his appearances.

Sims has cooled off a bit since Nth Qld but still has had a couple of good games.

Selection headache for Bennett next week with PJ Marsh back - or do they play Ennis and PJ interchangeably?

Might see Marsh slip into 5/8th ? Ennis was just too good for the full 80 minutes.

I very much doubt Marsh will start at five-eighth. Stagg will retain his spot there. Marsh will come onto the bench instead of Moon. He may well come on and play five-eighth, with Stagg shifting to the back row and giving Sims, Carroll or Thaiday a rest, but I'm not sure.

Can't see why everyone is so down about this win personally. I thought the Broncos did very well without some of their gun, creative players. Enough has been said about Ennis but I will say that I'm proud to have been one of his defenders when he was having his injury troubles. Let's hope it continues. It's almost tempting to say, chuck him at 5/8 til Locky gets back but nah that's not what he needs. Leave him as starting hooker.

Boyd and Michaels are safe as houses on the other side.

You're right about this, Boyd's defence seemed to be top notch in this match.

Wasn't it Kemp and Michaels, Hodges and Boyd pairings yesterday?

imo Micahels and Boyd on one side is a good combo.

weeee said:
Wasn't it Kemp and Michaels, Hodges and Boyd pairings yesterday?

imo Micahels and Boyd on one side is a good combo.

Think you're right actually. But anyway, the Michaels/Boyd combination that worked most of the first three games has been rock solid.

gUt said:
Kemp looks increasingly comfortable.

And that's no surprise to any of us who have long been calling for him to have an extended chance. Especially Mick, who's been NAUSEATING in his praise of the kid [icon_lol1.

He and Boyd are pretty close to locking themselves into the wing spots this year, purely with form.

Coxy said:
:shock: OK, now I'm as big a fan of the K. Hunt as any bloke, but to say he's in better FORM than Slater is laughable. Ditto Bowen and Gidley. Bowen is positively woeful at the moment, probably because of the niggling knee injury that's kept him out this week.

Slater is the form fullback in the competition, without a shadow of a doubt. Doesn't mean he's a better player than the others, because each of them have different things they're good at/not good at.

And one thing to consider is that at Test level it's hard to play yourself out of the jersey. At the moment, Stewart and Hunt are the incumbent Test fullbacks and there would have to be compelling reasons why one of them shouldn't get the number 1 maroon and blue jersey (they're not wearing green and gold for this test).

And before anyone says it, Slater's form isn't a compelling reason to say that Hunt and Stewart can't do the job. That another player could do it better is often irrelevant in Test selections. People can whinge about it all they like, but form isn't the sole criteria for selection.

I am not saying he's in better form than Slater. That is not how players are rated IMO. Well, not completely on that. Hunt has shown us how good he is in the last 2 seasons...as have Bowen and Gidley. And they all had great 06s/07s (Bowen didn't really have a great 06 really, but still had an amazing 07 though). At their best, they are better than Slater. They all also offer a lot more with the ball. That's another reason why I rate fullbacks like that - they can come in as a 5/8th when needed. And sometimes it's needed a lot, since most real 5/8ths these days are just centres. Slater is lucky he is playing with Cam Smith in the side. Cam Smith plays like a hooker and halfback at the same time, while Cronk plays as a 5/8th. All Slater has to do is run through holes, and that's what he's doing...and doing well I guess, but that's not enough for me to rate him as the best fullback in the world.

Also another thing on form, you just watch it go right down in the second half of the season when he doesn't get picked for Origin, or if Smith gets injured. Would he still be the best fullback then?

Parker was suppose to be out for a month, which means he will be back this week.

Was a good game, the only thing about being there is that you miss quite a bit.

From what I saw through the rain, the boys did just enough to get them through.

It's another quick turn around for the titans game, hope the boys can pull off another win.

^^^^

Yep, hopefully Skilled Stadium is taken over by a sea of maroon. I will do my part.

Without Lockyer and Hodges now to on the injury list with a bad neck let's hope we do get Corey back.
In this one I think we will be needing all we can get.

I have a feeling the Broncos' style of play will handle the Titans quite well defensively, and there's enough creativity in our forward pack at the moment to trouble their defence.

I think it'll be an awesome game, free flowing and there'll be some wonderful play on offer, even without Lockyer, Hodges and (most likely) Rogers.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brotherdu
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Viti
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Bronx48
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • jd87
  • Spooky1013
  • ell.d33
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Browny
... and 63 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.