Broncos Vs Panthers - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

bfoord said:
Dexter said:
With our side only getting stronger with the finish of origin I think we could finish top 4.

Can anyone tell me what the penalty was for when Penriff scored off the bomb. I had the commentary turned off and just caught Gus whinging about a soft offside ruling, IMO it was for passing off the ground.

the penalty was for a player in front of the kicker continuing to run towards the try line and staying inside the 10m. (i think he may have even grounded the ball, but i could be wrong). that has been a penalty all season (and gould has been whinging about it all season).

Cheers. You're right it has been called all season, at least the refs are being consistant, another thing Gus calls for but only when he wants it.

Wow, what a HORRIFIC game of football that was. I would firstly like to unreservedly apologise to all Souths/Cowboys supporters for bagging the prospects of their match all week [icon_lol1.

Penrith were nothing short of horrific.

A few positives to take out of the game though IMO. The first and most important of those is the fact that 1 competition point is better than 0, and if we get more than 0 points for the games before Origin in any year then that is indeed a marvellous thing.

Probably the best aspect of the game, imo, was how our forwards stepped up. With our halves gone and backline absolutely smashed, the likes of Eastwood, TC and Parker were absolutely superb. Dave Taylor also really had a dig - with each game he's getting fitter and more intent on getting the ball and doing something with it. Ah Mau also really had a dig off the bench and he's looking a decent prospect.

Ennis was again oustanding, and I think McCullough showed some great touches too. Pretty good show all round.

bfoord said:
Dexter said:
With our side only getting stronger with the finish of origin I think we could finish top 4.

Can anyone tell me what the penalty was for when Penriff scored off the bomb. I had the commentary turned off and just caught Gus whinging about a soft offside ruling, IMO it was for passing off the ground.

the penalty was for a player in front of the kicker continuing to run towards the try line and staying inside the 10m. (i think he may have even grounded the ball, but i could be wrong). that has been a penalty all season (and gould has been whinging about it all season).

I've got no problems with that being a penalty. If the fellow who caught the ball had scored himself, then fair enough - TRY. But if an offside player gets involved in the play then they should get pinged for it IMO.

edited.

Not sure what game mick! watched. The Bronco/penrith game was exciting and had imperfections to spice it up. Both teams played well in the slippery conditions(don't get me started on the tv games presented) and a draw was satisfactory.

Parker.Taylor,TC,Eastwood and Kenny did some real hard work while Sims and Clinton were average.

I thought the standard was good but hardly [icon_confu 'HORRIFIC' eusa_think horrible ?

27 errors (around one every three minutes), kicks for penalties not going out on the full etc.

Honestly, no one is ever willing to stand up and admit a game was pretty poor simply because it was close. Got a lot better in the second half, but the first was, IMO, one of the worst I've seen for quite a while.

Yeah, I didn't get all of the fuss made by Gus and Andrew's brother. They were calling it passive offiside, ffs the offside player was the one who scored the (non)try. Correct decision.

mick! said:
27 errors (around one every three minutes), kicks for penalties not going out on the full etc.

Honestly, no one is ever willing to stand up and admit a game was pretty poor simply because it was close. Got a lot better in the second half, but the first was, IMO, one of the worst I've seen for quite a while.

The first half was terrible, but I really enjoyed that second 40 or 50.

I m pretty sure that was the worst game I have ever seen , barring yawnion of course.

5 boring hitups then a boring kick nearly everytime unless a mistake intervened.

Eradicate field foal in teh last 10 minutes of a game, and only reward tries from kicks with 3 points is my suggestion.

I will sit down now.

to all that who said we played crap and just because the game was close it makes up for it, We played 10 times better yesterday than when we beat the tigers..

Kenny had a poor showing last night, what is it with him... seems to be a target for big shots, maybe the defenders know he lumbers up to the defence. Sure am glad we kept Kenny and not Hanannt

rod78 said:
to all that who said we played crap and just because the game was close it makes up for it, We played 10 times better yesterday than when we beat the tigers..

10 times better? Hells no, can't agree there. Two pretty awful showings in a row, but there's no WAY we were 10 times better last night than last week.

A ten-fold improvement on last week would've seen us beat the Panthers by at least 30.

gUt said:
How sheight were Penrith? Every time they went wide (3-4 times in the match) if Pritchard didn't drop it they looked dangerous. But they spent 95% of the match going up the guts through our forwards.

Good game plan Matt Elliott.

Not taking anything away from a spirited performance by our patched-up team, I was quite surprised Penrith didn't play more to their strengths, namely Jennings and Rooney.

Their game plan was indeed crap and I reckon we were lucky to get the point.

It's selected by Nein, that says it all.

briareos said:
It's selected by Nein, that says it all.
Ennis was the best on field by a mile and a half. Coote had a wonderful debut, but wasn't best on the park [icon_non bloody nein love fests make me ill.

If you wanted the MOM you should have been present at the channel nein canteen friday lunchtime.....

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • Brocko
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.