Broncos Vs Panthers - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

Dave should keep this match on tape and watch it repeatedly so he knows what to keep doing.

I thought our team played really well - defence was actually in my opinion very good. I liked the way Eastwood played, and Hoffman, despite his few errors, is going to be class.

Don't know why Taylor was off for as long as he was - especially towards the end.

Problem with our team ATM is we have no game-breakers- with maybe the exception of Taylor.

But then, that's our problem with injuries, Origin and suspensions.

I felt that if Penrith played to Jennings (pure class) a lot more, they would have won.

In any case - congrats Broncos.

Great to get the point out of that.

Taylor at last started to try and run through the line, lets hope he stays in the 17 and keeps improving.

Tunza, Eastwood and Ennis Ennis were terrific.
Robinson was solid but how did he stuff that break towards the end ? 5 on the inside and he goes outside [icon_shru

Manihera looks good, what a bonus if he keeps improving.

Hoff was a little disappointing for mine, he's been found out on the high ball, doesn't jump in a contest which isn't good enough for the NRL. Robinson found that out.
Not too critical of his missed tackle on Jennings as he is a class centre in attack.

Another positive as well, at least we won't have to worry about for and against now..... haha

Great effort to get a point away from home with so many players out, luckily so did they.

Agree re DT having his best game for the season, thought Robinson went well in the centres without being outstanding, but to be honest didn't really think many others stood out as such, all solid at best.

I just checked Parker's stats - he is really excelling as captain

17 runs for 129 metres
47(!) tackles

Is this guy not one of the most underrated forwards in the comp?

Edit: Tonie Carroll was outstanding as well

Only 9 runs for 68 metres

BUT....59 tackles as well

Greg Eastwood had a solid game too - 12 runs for 105 metres and 41 tackles.

This should be our starting back row for the rest of the season IMO. Bring Thaiday off the bench for impact maybe?

Carroll needs to tackle less so he isn't spent to hit holes and back up through the middle. As great as his workrate is of late it really blunts his attack, and seeing how short we are on points we need him to contribute there more as well. Paker isn't underrated he is a good player who tries hard every week, isn't going to win us a match but will certainly contribute to plenty. Good to see Eastwood do more work and look dangerous on a few occasions with the ball. Louganis was pretty good again, hopefully the ankle he did on that last inward pike is very minor.

Is there a way to send Sims back to St George with Bennett?

His offloads are crap, not only because of the quality of the offload, but he seems to just throw them whenever he feels like it, even if the situation doesn't demand an offload.

Robinson had his best game for the Broncos tonight.
I would leave him in the centres for the next couple of weeks, see how how he goes.

Parker was excellent again, as were Eastwood and TC. However I didnt notice them a great deal in attack, thats probably because of how much defence they all did.

I didnt see Ennis go off!! Thats not a good sign if he had his ankle in ice, hopefully he is ok...he is the last man we want injured at the moment. I also thought he was excellent again tonight, wouldnt have got the point without him.

Perry fluffed that field goal, would have been very handy if he hit it well and it sailed through, we really needed that win I think, but a point is better than a loss!

i thought the attitude and enthusiasm was back from the whistle, our defence was fantastic and EVERY player did his bit......... i thought Eastwood had his best game of the season, and i was impressed from McCullough's last 20mins, this kids only 18...he could be something special with a full season and i can see why the broncs have faith in him for next year..... Ennis was again great and you can see with every touch of the ball he has gotten that time that comes with good players and his confidence is really up there at the moment and we could very well win this years title off the back of him at 9...... Taylor backed up his game from last week, im still a bit concerned with his game off the ball though....... Ennis 3, Eastwood 2, Taylor 1........ valuable 1 point but im happier with our effort and our defence, with 1-7 different from the last time we played penrith it was really pleasing that they turned up......

How sheight were Penrith? Every time they went wide (3-4 times in the match) if Pritchard didn't drop it they looked dangerous. But they spent 95% of the match going up the guts through our forwards.

Good game plan Matt Elliott.

Young McCullough looks the goods IMO, he hasn't done anythin excellent yet but looks to be reliable and have a good head on his shoulders. He will be in the number 9 next year the way things are going. Robinson, Eastwood and Taylor were great IMO.. Eastwood has found some great form over the last month when we are back to full strength I would love to see him at lock and Tunza coming in off the bench.

fenomeno said:
Is there a way to send Sims back to St George with Bennett?

His offloads are crap, not only because of the quality of the offload, but he seems to just throw them whenever he feels like it, even if the situation doesn't demand an offload.

Agree. Every game he seems to try to offload in the tackle or pass before the line and it all goes wrong.

Anyway, I reckon that was a bloody good result!! Our For and Against has been un-Bronco-ly poor this season. Apart from round 1 we haven't put any sides to the sword (....yet...) and this point could end up being the difference in September.

Bring on the bye and the Bulldogs!!!!!

I think Taylor re-gained his lost confidence with that try last night.

He must be on the bench for the rest of the season.

With our side only getting stronger with the finish of origin I think we could finish top 4.

Can anyone tell me what the penalty was for when Penriff scored off the bomb. I had the commentary turned off and just caught Gus whinging about a soft offside ruling, IMO it was for passing off the ground.

ethos said:
I think Taylor re-gained his lost confidence with that try last night.

He must be on the bench for the rest of the season.

Me too, just going to post that. You could see him change from being tentative and looking for a collision to saying fark you i'm going through. A must for our bench from here on.

Dexter said:
With our side only getting stronger with the finish of origin I think we could finish top 4.

Can anyone tell me what the penalty was for when Penriff scored off the bomb. I had the commentary turned off and just caught Gus whinging about a soft offside ruling, IMO it was for passing off the ground.

the penalty was for a player in front of the kicker continuing to run towards the try line and staying inside the 10m. (i think he may have even grounded the ball, but i could be wrong). that has been a penalty all season (and gould has been whinging about it all season).

Active Now

• Rookie Alan
  • BroncosMan
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.