Broncos Vs. Raiders - Build Up Thread

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Keep the same team. Imagine saying, "Sorry Dodds, you're out this week, Sims is in. Sure you did a solid job against the Cowboys but we need Sims' experience for the Canberra game. Peace out..."

Imagine the sort of confident that could kill off a potential star?

Same team = logical.

RORZ! If Dodds is going to be shot to pieces just because he got dropped once, then I'd suggest he's too mentally fragile to make it anyway.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I suggest Ivan gets the tape out of the game last year when we got pumped by the Raiders. Last thing we need is to go down there not remembering what the Raiders are capable of.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
No he won't be shot to pieces but it won't help him improve and develop as a player. Oh we have the Roosters in round 3, do we dump Sims and give him a go against the Roosters and bring back Dodds or do we keep Sims for round 3 against the Roosters too?

It'll help him develop an appreciation for first grade by not being selected.

All I'm saying is that we have an inexperienced team. Sims and Setu have experience. If their form warrants a recall, then we should recall them. If not, leave them out. This should apply to every round, simple as that.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Its all fair to say "If their form warrants a recall then we should recall them" and generally i would agree with you. However the guys in first grade also need to warrant being dropped and imo not 1 player on Friday night did anything to deserve to be dropped.

yes they fell apart for abit and let the Cowboys in but what was it like 15minutes out of 80? not bad at all for such a young team.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
draggx said:
Its all fair to say "If their form warrants a recall then we should recall them" and generally i would agree with you. However the guys in first grade also need to warrant being dropped and imo not 1 player on Friday night did anything to deserve to be dropped.

yes they fell apart for abit and let the Cowboys in but what was it like 15minutes out of 80? not bad at all for such a young team.

Dodds only made two runs.

Needs to do more if he wants to stay at the top level.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
draggx said:

Dodds only made two runs.

Needs to do more if he wants to stay at the top level.

True theres probably more of a need for him to go looking for hitups but on the amount of time he was on he did a pretty decent rate of work defensively as well, he wasn't outstanding but he didn't do anything to be dropped either, he still should be there for now.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Oh for sure no doubt there is more he can do. But he did nothing actually wrong. For a first grade debut he did well and should get the chance to play again this week. Maybe not starting thou.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
user_nat said:
Nashy said:
broncospwn said:
No, don't change a winning team.

If we'd kept them at 0, then yes. But that winning team nearly lost the game.

So things may need to be looked at.
I'm sure Sim's experience would get us over the line in a close game. [icon_wink
Yeah like the Melbourne game where he dropped the ball with a minute to go and we lost icon_smile .
I have nothing against Sims but the fact is we won and there's no need to change a winning team unless it's for someone who is well worth coming back into the side like Hodges/Folau/Wallace, etc. Sims is not in that league.

I realise you're being sarcastic, just had to say it though.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
draggx said:
Its all fair to say "If their form warrants a recall then we should recall them" and generally i would agree with you. However the guys in first grade also need to warrant being dropped
Quoted for truth (QFT).

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I'm just glad this game is being played now and not in the midst of winter. Unless Sims and Setu played absolute blinders on the weekend, I don't think the side should be changed.

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
1. Corey Norman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Gerard Beale
4. Israel Folau
5. Denan Kemp
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick 'I always get dominated in tackles but everyone still rates me' Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Alex Glenn
15. Matt Gillett
16. Josh McGuire
17. Mitchell Dodds

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I did not realise that Kenny had so many middle names. Must come from a large family!!!!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
lynx000 said:
I did not realise that Kenny had so many middle names. Must come from a large family!!!!

Yeah he comes from the same family as Chris 'I have a personal agenda against Just Hodges which is clouding my judgement of Justin's ability as a footballer' Cox.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
ningnangnong said:
The Rock said:
lynx000 said:

Yeah he comes from the same family as Chris 'I have a personal agenda against Just Hodges which is clouding my judgement of Justin's ability as a footballer' Cox.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

shaneomac

shaneomac

NYC Player
Apr 7, 2009
matt gillet to replace te'o in the starting side. he was a much better player last week.

same team barring injuries.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Probably go with 19 or 20 players. Will be interesting to see how many are named on Tuesday.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I would keep the same team..... will the possible only change being Anderson to start with Dodds on the bench

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You don't change a winning team. If fit, let the same 17 have another crack.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • kat00
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Swordfish
  • The Don
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • Bish
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.