Broncos Vs. Raiders - Build Up Thread

Coxy said:
You don't change a winning team. If fit, let the same 17 have another crack.

Particularly when that winning team is largely inexperienced - if we are any hope to be there at the end of the year it's the young guys who need to be good enough to get us there. Sitting them on the sidelines every other week isn't going to achieve a lot.

It shouldnt be too cold down here this early in the season, so that should make it a bit easier travelling.

Setu was said to have done alot of good things but just as many stupid things in the game he played so don't think he will be playing. Yeah the cowboys came back and we almost lost but it's because we went into cruise control. I don't think there is any reason to change the team, Dodd's probably needs to take the ball up more but I would say that Anderson will start anyway. I reckon Gillett should start as well, he was awesome.

It imo was purely because the young guys don't know how to handle being ahead by 20Points at half time. They will learn with time. Sims and Setu will be our backup guys in 2010.

joshobro said:
Setu was said to have done alot of good things but just as many stupid things in the game he played so don't think he will be playing. Yeah the cowboys came back and we almost lost but it's because we went into cruise control. I don't think there is any reason to change the team, Dodd's probably needs to take the ball up more but I would say that Anderson will start anyway. I reckon Gillett should start as well, he was awesome.

Honestly the Cowboys comeback was sparked by 2 mistakes on kicks (Norman's fumble, Beale coming too far in off his wing). Back to back tries, change in momentum, and then it was very hard to stem the tide.

Coxy said:
joshobro said:

Honestly the Cowboys comeback was sparked by 2 mistakes on kicks (Norman's fumble, Beale coming too far in off his wing). Back to back tries, change in momentum, and then it was very hard to stem the tide.

And the one man team that is thurston decided it was time to play

Well yes, but he was shit until the momentum was going his way.

if things dont go his way Thurston gets angry and plays worse. He doesnt have the cool head that Locky does

Te'o was a touch disappointing on Friday night IMO.

Coxy said:
Well yes, but he was shit until the momentum was going his way.

i dont think he was shit, just wasnt dominating at that stage. he really has no support up there atm, its pretty much just the JT show Featuring Tonga

#1 Kemp fan said:

Understatement.

But BHQ is unfair to Ben Te'o.

No one deserves to get dropped, but a few players need to do a bit more.

It was just the back to back sets that killed us. A couple of untimely mistakes and an unlucky penalty let them back into the game. We would have hardly touched the ball in that 10 minute period.

Coxy said:
#1 Kemp fan said:

Understatement.

That last statement is correct and always has been.

He was solid, did nothing wrong and tackled well. If you watched him closely you'd have noticed his enthusiasm as well, he hardly shut up the entire game.

Jeba said:
Coxy said:
#1 Kemp fan said:

Understatement.

That last statement is correct and always has been.

He was solid, did nothing wrong and tackled well. If you watched him closely you'd have noticed his enthusiasm as well, he hardly shut up the entire game.

Your right he did nothing wrong I just wonder when we will see the real Ben Te'o the guy who can actually play a bit. I don't think he is playing anywhere near his potential!

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • john1420
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • johnny plath
  • davidp
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • mitch222
  • Alec
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.