Broncos Vs. Raiders - Build Up Thread

Another warm day down here, cant wait to see the broncs live on Monday

Someone whisper in Henjaks ear and tell him to give Kenny more minutes.

Needs to make me more points in Dreamteam...

I'm going to miss my first Broncos game in about a year and a half. It's my wife's birthday on Monday, so having dinner to celebrate that, and I don't have fox so can't record the game. Very shattered. Will have to rely on NRL live scores...:(

Mate you need to get your priorities right. Who goes out to dinner on a Monday pfft should be Taking her out tonight :P

its my birthday on monday night and my missus is insisting on taking me out to dinner anywhere id like... i suggested Broncos leagues to "check out the new buffet"... reality is i just wanted to go somewhere i could still watch the game

COREY Parker has not travelled with the WOW Brisbane Broncos to Canberra to stay with his expectant wife.

However the Broncos vice-captain is still expected to play against the Raiders at Canberra Stadium tomorrow night.

Parker and his wife's first child is due today and he has stayed behind in case she goes into labour.

However if there is no change in her condition tomorrow morning he will make the trip to the national capital.

Coach Ivan Henjak said this morning the team was happy for the second rower to stay in Brisbane the extra day, even though the team will train in Canberra this afternoon.

"Just in case his wife goes into labour, he will be available," said Henjak at Brisbane airport this morning.

"But we are expecting everything will be okay and he will fly down Monday morning and joint the group then."

Lagi Setu is on standby to travel.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... y&id=23640

was just about to post this.

Hopefully he makes it down otherwise he will be missed.

So, should Parker be out, do we start Glenn or Gillett. Personally I'd start Glenn, I think he deserves it.

Gillett for mine. Played really well last week.

Raiders blooding young Halfback against us!
opportunity has come a knocking for Josh McCrone in 2010, with the young Canberra halfback given the chance to face Brisbane in Monday's NRL clash at Canberra Stadium.

With injury already cutting a swathe through the Raiders squad, coach David Furner has thrown caution to the wind just a game into the season and made some notable changes.

McCrone will get a call-up over regular halfback Marc Herbert, while Furner is also toying with the possibility of introducing raw forward James Stuart into the mix.

The loss of Josh Miller (shoulder) and Danny Galea (thumb) in last week's opening-round loss to Penrith means Joe Picker has also gone straight into the starting side.

The Raiders are desperate for a win and Furner believes beating the Broncos will require a different approach.

"I'm looking at playing a different style against the Broncos and that change for Josh McCrone suits that," Furner said.
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticl ... fault.aspx

Dont forget those in QLD its a 6pm Kick off on Fox.

McCrone had a game in the NRL last year if I remember correctly.

Wans't McCrone their halfback for nearly half the year last season?? [icon_shru

Yeah I think he scored a try or two against us in the Suncorp game. Has a pretty good turn of pace if I recall correctly.

pretty sure he was halfback when they ripped us a new one...

BroncoMatt said:
Wans't McCrone their halfback for nearly half the year last season?? [icon_shru

yup lol, i think hes better than herbert too

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • john1420
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • Brocko
  • marw
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ettybay
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.