Broncos Vs. Raiders - Build Up Thread

Coxy said:
Not a bad **** team really. I'm surprised Canberra features so prominently in wooden spoon betting. Solid halfback, excellent five-eighth, brilliant fullback and centre (Croker), Vidot's a good try scoring winger, Robinson LOL, Thompson is solid. The backs are good.

Forwards are excellent with good depth on the bench (Tilse, Thompson etc).

They will win their fair share of games, I think they'll win plenty at home this year. The trick for them is how to play away. If they can scrap 4-5 wins on the road they will go close to making the 8 IMO.

Big test for our boys this week.

I agree, I can't see them getting the spoon.

If Reece Robinson scores against us I'll be so pissed

More prospect of seeing our wingers sprinting away leaving Robinson for dead I think.

On a side note, why did they make this a Monday game? If it was a weekend game i think more of us from Sydney would travel the 2 & a half hours. Bit hard to get their after work on Monday.

Hopefully we will be sending all our kicks to Reece and plenty of bombs with Izzy leaping over him.

Coxy said:
Not a bad **** team really. I'm surprised Canberra features so prominently in wooden spoon betting. Solid halfback, excellent five-eighth, brilliant fullback and centre (Croker), Vidot's a good try scoring winger, Robinson LOL, Thompson is solid. The backs are good.

Don't forget the ever reliable Tongue.

Who will most likely play dummy half again

azza79 said:
Coxy said:

Don't forget the ever reliable Tongue.

He's covered in "Forwards are excellent"...that referred to the pack. I referred to Tilse and Thompson as examples of depth on the bench.

I picked the Raiders for this one unfortunately.

Coldish Monday night in Canberra for a bunch of greenhorns? I don't think they'll disgrace themselves but the reality of week-in, week-out performances will hit them this game.

Hope to be wrong but!

and agreed, lol @ robinson.

Shouldnt be too cold when the game is played. Weekend is looking at getting near the 30's. It wont be anywhere near as bad as the last couple of years

I would bomb Robinson all night [icon_evillaugh

i would probably bomb the other side just read his profile he's a international now
hahahahahahahaha

LOLZ Campese is a nuffy, not to mention there hopeless coach. The Broncos better roll the raiders on Mondya night

I reckon one of the biggest rules in the Nrl is never underestimate the Raiders. Not many teams match them for enthusiasm and on their day they can beat anyone. Can't see them challenging for a Premiership but if you put in anything less than 100% against them they will probably beat you. Especially in Canberra. I'm confident we'll win but it's a danger game.

Foordy said:
I would bomb Robinson all night [icon_evillaugh

won't happen champ, for whatever reason I don't know Lockyer and Wallace never seem to use the bomb. Ty Williams was a perfect candidate for a spiral bomb! The bomb is the most under used attacking weapon by the Broncos.

The Rock said:
I reckon the best time to get the Raiders at home is right at the start of the season IMO. Most teams are scratchy at this time of the year and teams are less desperate, the Raiders aren't exempted from that rule. Better to face them in Canberra when it's not as cold (In fact, it won't be too much colder than Sydney, they'll probably be playing at 15-20°C roughly which isn't cold at all. (As opposed to mid season where you'll get 5-10°C, even much less)I'm confident we'll get them.

And thats during the day [icon_frown

It will still be dewy though

Re:

Jeba said:
I reckon one of the biggest rules in the Nrl is never underestimate the Raiders. Not many teams match them for enthusiasm and on their day they can beat anyone. Can't see them challenging for a Premiership but if you put in anything less than 100% against them they will probably beat you. Especially in Canberra. I'm confident we'll win but it's a danger game.

Couldn't agree more. Canberra in Canberra is always dangerous, regardless of who they field. Even more so on a chilly Monday night when we're fielding a very young team. Ambush potential central!

I hope we win this one and I am relatively confident, but in saying that a Raiders victory would not surprise me one iota.

I also really hope that, regardless of the outcome, our coaching staff keeps this same team on the paddock (unless injuries force changes) so the young blokes can have plenty of experience of the week-in, week-out grind.

I'll do my usual negative jinx type tipping and predict a Raiders win 13+. A number of factors, as have been mentioned already, plus the fact the youngsters will be going from a packed 48000 crowd at Suncorp to a probably 10-15K crowd at Canberra which will have the atmosphere of a morgue.

I think the emotional let down from last week will be too much.

Raiders game are usually pretty loud if the raiders are winning so lets hope its as quiet as a morgue

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Spooky1013
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mick_Hancock
  • FACTHUNT
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.