Broncos Vs. Raiders - Match Thread.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:
Hala's already played twice in QCup.

Heard he had a good game first up and an okay second game. Unfortunately, it was second hand news.

I can confirm that in round 1 for the Dolphins he was fantastic.

shadow

shadow

NYC Player
May 9, 2009
was at the game, the big thing i noticed is that apart from the Teo try and a few of Thaiday's runs, we very rarely had players running onto the ball, hence didnt make metres or bust tackles. the raiders did this continuously, but we were so flat. and our attack was one of two moves over and over, raiders knew where to rush up all night to stifle it.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Tell ya what can all you blokes coming out the wool shed to post keep posting please. I wont agree with a lot of you 9/10 times :P but the discussion is excellent.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
#1 Kemp fan said:
Is it just me or do the Broncos never ever ever even look like they are trying to get a quick play the ball??

To be fair, the refs let both teams really slow down the ruck, and when someone tried to hard (e.g. Sammy) a ball was lost, the raiders constantly rolled tackled players onto their backs and every player was holding onto an arm or locking theirs into a ball carriers, but when we did get some speed, we were able to crack them right off.

That grub Campese was so lucky those refs boned that rabbitohs game by sending players off, he should have been off at least twice with slowing down players who made breaks - geez refs shit me off! :evil:

I'm certainly not just blaming the refs though

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
draggx said:
but see 1 more week would make 3 weeks in total.

3weeks is plenty to show signs. but again looking at the teams we face. the Sharks game could be a good one to try some plays.... mmmm

I have very high hopes for McGuire .

As for the defense thing. U20s in general is shotty defense we all know that.

Oh, really? 3 weeks total? Thanks mate. I'm not sure I see your point.

My point about the U20's thing was that if he could defend against teenagers what chance does he have trying to stop Bronson Harrison or Scotty Logan? Stick Glenn or someone out there until his defense has improved.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I know Thaiday is better our wide but untill these young guys can find their feet maybe he needs to play a hit em up role and go up the middle with Anderson and Kenny.

Start with Anderson/Kenny then bring on Mcguire/Thaiday and tell Thaiday "Get in McGuires ear"

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ddd said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
Is it just me or do the Broncos never ever ever even look like they are trying to get a quick play the ball??

To be fair, the refs let both teams really slow down the ruck, and when someone tried to hard (e.g. Sammy) a ball was lost, the raiders constantly rolled tackled players onto their backs and every player was holding onto an arm or locking theirs into a ball carriers, but when we did get some speed, we were able to crack them right off.

That grub Campese was so lucky those refs boned that rabbitohs game by sending players off, he should have been off at least twice with slowing down players who made breaks - geez refs shit me off! :evil:

I'm certainly not just blaming the refs though

Campese did the same against us last year. I can't understand why he gets away with it so often.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Clintos said:
draggx said:
but see 1 more week would make 3 weeks in total.

3weeks is plenty to show signs. but again looking at the teams we face. the Sharks game could be a good one to try some plays.... mmmm

I have very high hopes for McGuire .

As for the defense thing. U20s in general is shotty defense we all know that.

Oh, really? 3 weeks total? Thanks mate. I'm not sure I see your point.

My point about the U20's thing was that if he could defend against teenagers what chance does he have trying to stop Bronson Harrison or Scotty Logan? Stick Glenn or someone out there until his defense has improved.

1week to f'k it up, 1 week to try and learn from your mistakes, fail on the 3rd go to Qcup.

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
We played with no depth or width. Not sure why. No need for the axe yet. Bring on the warriors

shadow

shadow

NYC Player
May 9, 2009
was also disappointed that when Anderson made a great break down the left in the second half we had no speedsters in support...squandered opportunity.......

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:
Big Pete said:
Hala's already played twice in QCup.

Heard he had a good game first up and an okay second game. Unfortunately, it was second hand news.

I can confirm that in round 1 for the Dolphins he was fantastic.

He went really yesterday yesterday too. He started and gave the Dolphins plenty of early go forward. I wouldn't rush him into the NRL yet though.

For future reference I'll be giving a run down on the Redcliffe / Broncos contracted players in the Q Cup thread every week icon_thumbs_u

King_Lockyer

King_Lockyer

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
shadow said:
was also disappointed that when Anderson made a great break down the left in the second half we had no speedsters in support...squandered opportunity.......

I thought he bombed it by not trying to pass to Wallace. I reckon he would of scored!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That'd be good BroncoMatt.

I've had to rely on Seagulls Rock on LU.

Let's just say unless they play for Wynumn they're all very average players.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I think Beale needs to go, Glenn to centres and replace Glenn's bench spot with a forward from reserves, Sims/Hala, who ever is best suited.
We need a better defender, our attack is not a problem with our backline and halves, it's the defense and at the same time we need another forward on the bench so win-win.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
I just saw the highlights on the Fox Sports site, our left hand edge defence does appear to be weak - maybe the problem is with Wallace's communication? However Beale had to close the gap, and close it hard with his shoulder, he appeared a bit timid close the line...

Unread

Active Now

• Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.