Broncos Vs. Raiders - Match Thread.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
If you sit back and pay attention the Kemp comment was a little bait to get some decent footy talk going on around here... And it worked.

There was some true feelings in what i said about kemp (re the passion) but 9/10ths of that was baiting to get some decent footy convo.

Comparing me praising a player and you bagging him out is a bit different. Big Show played about the same as every other forward for Brisbane out there tonight. If it wast for Teo's try i would not have thought much of him either. wouldn't call for his head in round 2 thou/

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
lyn said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
draggx said:
did i say 20 rounds? Its round 2 ffs and already on here people are saying "send him back to qcup". He had a good show against the cowboys and like every other player who isnt Thaiday or Parker struggled in this game.

TBH dude he did nothing against the cowboys also, same with Dodds. IMO both are not ready for the NRL just yet and need to enjoy some QLD cup
Who would you replace them with?

Hala, Setu, Sims

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
#1 Kemp fan said:
draggx said:
did i say 20 rounds? Its round 2 ffs and already on here people are saying "send him back to qcup". He had a good show against the cowboys and like every other player who isnt Thaiday or Parker struggled in this game.

TBH dude he did nothing against the cowboys also, same with Dodds. IMO both are not ready for the NRL just yet and need to enjoy some QLD cup

yeh and then let them come in round 24 after Sims/Setu or someone get injured?

We know Sims and Setu can do the job when needed yes. But the first few rounds of the season is the best time imo to give the young guys some experience. I hope we have the same 17 next week and they are given a real chance to gel. its been along time since Brisbane was able to leave the team set for so many weeks.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
#1 Kemp fan said:
lyn said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":p6zjralk]
draggx said:

Hala, Setu, Sims[/quote:p6zjralk]
A player who has had 1 or 2 games back from surgery on his back and was nothing more than average. A second rower who can't defend and another player who has showed no reason as to why he should be in the first grade team.

Whats the point of dropping a player to QLD Cup so they can improve when you just replace them with another out of form/undeserving player?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
lyn said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
lyn said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":7diz1wos]
draggx said:

Hala, Setu, Sims
A player who has had 1 or 2 games back from surgery on his back and was nothing more than average. A second rower who can't defend and another player who has showed no reason as to why he should be in the first grade team.

Whats the point of dropping a player to QLD Cup so they can improve when you just replace them with another out of form/undeserving player?[/quote:7diz1wos]

What have Dodds or Mcguire shown to say they deserve to be in the team??? Sims and Setu both have done the job before. ALso Hala is a real prop he actually has size, Dodds and Mcguires are baby props we need players who bend the line. [icon_shru

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The backrow was fine, no need for Setu.

Sims was average in QCup, needs to improve.

No word on Hala, I would consider him.

Was Dodds 17?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
draggx said:
If you sit back and pay attention the Kemp comment was a little bait to get some decent footy talk going on around here... And it worked.

There was some true feelings in what i said about kemp (re the passion) but 9/10ths of that was baiting to get some decent footy convo.

Comparing me praising a player and you bagging him out is a bit different. Big Show played about the same as every other forward for Brisbane out there tonight. If it wast for Teo's try i would not have thought much of him either. wouldn't call for his head in round 2 thou/

Get over yourself DX if you are going to take exception over a little name calling like that you are going to be a busy boy.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We don't have many options we just desperately need more from the props on the bench. There is no impact and no go forward when Kenny and Anderson come off. The Radiers big boopers destroyed us up the middle.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Raiders were destroying us up the middle WITH Kenny and Anderson on.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Dexter said:
draggx said:

Get over yourself DX if you are going to take exception over a little name calling like that you are going to be a busy boy.

And i have no problem with being busy, see the best thing about a forum is that you can come in and bag out a player and i can come in and defend him and give my word about it.

Now before this turns personal im gonna end it and carry on the footy talk and proper discussion with "#1 kemp" as he has some decent points :)

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
Raiders were destroying us up the middle WITH Kenny and Anderson on.

Fair call, still I'd like to see a change or 2 if possible if not I just hope we can get more out of our props our back rowers have been awesome IMO

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
#1 Kemp fan said:
We don't have many options we just desperately need more from the props on the bench. There is no impact and no go forward when Kenny and Anderson come off. The Radiers big boopers destroyed us up the middle.

We have plenty of Options so many young props running around looking for their chance we just gotta be patient and remember it may take a couple of games before they show something.

If Mcguire/Dodds get smashed next week then ill be on your "side" with this about some time in Qcup. But i think they need to have a couple of chance to get it. especially while its so early in the season.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I agree.

Whoever was in the 17 looked good towards the back end though. Put on some nice shots and showed good acceleration with the ball. I thought it was Dodds, but it looked a hell of a lot like McGuire.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
17 was McGuire im pretty sure.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
17 was McGuire. Dodds was 16.

On that note, Dodds needs to be dropped. Don't think he did anything tonight worthy of keeping him for another week. Bring in a big bopper.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
draggx said:
#1 Kemp fan said:

We have plenty of Options so many young props running around looking for their chance we just gotta be patient and remember it may take a couple of games before they show something.

If Mcguire/Dodds get smashed next week then ill be on your "side" with this about some time in Qcup. But i think they need to have a couple of chance to get it. especially while its so early in the season.

Mcguire did play quite a few games last year also. We just need more from them Dodds doesn't seem to even take hitups. Maybe Macca needs to pull his forwards into line more.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
#1 Kemp fan said:
I agree but I don't think dropping McGuire and Dodds is the answer at the moment. Once Hala is 100% fit and back to how he was playing before his injury he should definitely be in there. If Sims can manage to start playing like he was late last year for the Broncos and early last year in the QLD Cup then that would be great. But at the moment neither are happening so we just have to wait IMO.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Teo showed quite a bit of heart I thought - I missed the first half, so my comments are based on the 2nd only, I think he's looking great, barely an ounce of fat on him and he runs with a purpose

Poor old sammy gave it a red hot, and you can't fault his work rate, but perhaps if he didn't feel he had to do so much he wouldn't have those errors (or he would have the chance to try and work them out), the forwards seemed the problem, McGuire got very little time, Kenny keeps getting monstered, and Anderson doesn't seem to be able to gain momentum

Attack looked really 1 dimensional, you could tell what was coming four footy fields away, but I imagine that could be attributed to a poor first half from the forwards (according to the gf). Izzy needs to come in off the wind, but as someone mentioned, it seemed Sammy got a bit caught up there and prolly got a few balls intended for Izzy, however, we were making solid metres up that side - have to have a think about points for this one

Active Now

• thenry
  • TimWhatley
  • bb_gun
  • Aldo
  • Big Del
  • Nerd
  • dirtyharry
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mister Wright
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • HarryAllan7
  • Strop
  • Allo
  • Manlyman
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.