Broncos Vs. Raiders - Match Thread.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I've always liked Thaiday.

But these past few games have been concerning. He misses a number of tackles and generally comes up with a number of crucial mistakes.

He's a talent, and I'm glad he's a Bronco, I just hope he doesn't push himself too hard.

I'm not hating for the sake of it, I'm just being observant.

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
Broncos were in the contest, some dodgy passing decisions under pressure and ill say it again Kenny was the only prop out there, needed Anderson to get stuck in there with him and the rest of the forwards to dominate tackles, damn we got creamed by the Raider forwards, they were hitting hard all night...
Raiders werent supposed to win the game based on the stats, theyre being abit critical of izzy on the telly for not getting involved enough besides them tries..maybe theyre right we got abit found out by having no Hunt & Hodges to turn to aswell

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Beale was average but on the whole the Broncos did not play well.

Norman missing that goal. Wow, he is human. Had a good try assist but we just got monstered by the Canberra defence and their huge forward pack. 4 points is all we could muster in 17 minutes and countless sets on their line. Our attack was so rough tonight.

God Kemp was shit (how quick my loyalty changes).

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I thought we learned far before that goal that Norman is human.

I thought he had an absolute shocker.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Was their defence superb or were we just shit in attack?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
That first half our attack and defence were fucking non existant.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Good fight shown by our side to get within a try till the end.

I wouldn't be too hard on Beale because I still think its our whole left side D the same as last year. That is a coaching issue and I hope it doesn't take 6 weeks before it gets fixed this year.

Teo was brilliant in the second half and I thought Thaiday and Gillett were very good.

Did anyone catch what happened to the No Show, he went off early and I didn't notice him the rest of the game

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Defence was just woeful. Same old rubbish from the Broncos IMO, never wrap the ball up and never move up in a line. The raiders forwards destroyed us and then there fast backs finished us off. Beale was very poor in defence I don't think he is up to being a centre in the NRL. Te'o, Parker and Thaiday were our best IMO. Lockyer and Wallace had a bad night but I'd say that has alot to with our forwards getting bashed.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Ironbroncos said:
Broncos were in the contest, some dodgy passing decisions under pressure and ill say it again Kenny was the only prop out there, needed Anderson to get stuck in there with him and the rest of the forwards to dominate tackles, damn we got creamed by the Raider forwards, they were hitting hard all night...
Raiders werent supposed to win the game based on the stats, theyre being abit critical of izzy on the telly for not getting involved enough besides them tries..maybe theyre right we got abit found out by having no Hunt & Hodges to turn to aswell

Yeah the raiders were very average but got 18 points on the board before we even tied up our boots

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Dexter said:
Good fight shown by our side to get within a try till the end.

I wouldn't be too hard on Beale because I still think its our whole left side D the same as last year. That is a coaching issue and I hope it doesn't take 6 weeks before it gets fixed this year.

Teo was brilliant in the second half and I thought Thaiday and Gillett were very good.

Did anyone catch what happened to the No Show, he went off early and I didn't notice him the rest of the game

Gillett had a great game in parts against a massive Canberra pack. Tried to overplay his hand a couple of times but I was very impressed generally

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I love the cheap name calling of our players that comes out on this forum after a loss.
In the second half the effort was there and at times they just tried to hard, with that and some pretty shitty calls we just could not get that last needed try.

Cant remember what minute it was but at one point i swear Kenny was put in a dangerous position and it was just ignored by the ref.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It might be a bit early to say this, but i think we're going to struggle away from home this season. I guess it's part and parcel of having a young side.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
#1 Kemp fan said:
Defence was just woeful. Same old rubbish from the Broncos IMO, never wrap the ball up and never move up in a line. The raiders forwards destroyed us and then there fast backs finished us off. Beale was very poor in defence I don't think he is up to being a centre in the NRL. Te'o, Parker and Thaiday were our best IMO. Lockyer and Wallace had a bad night but I'd say that has alot to with our forwards getting bashed.

How'd you think Kemp went... Backwards running??? When did he develop that talent

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Loky was trying to get it to Folau but Thaiday kept getting in the way. Same old plays as last year and the year before that. Boring as try some new plays what have you been doing all summer Ivan.

M

markmac

BRL Player
Apr 21, 2008
Does anyone think that when lockyer is a little off he doesn't stand deep enough and ends up pushing passes... I know the raiders were pressing hard on the outsidw but our attack looked very shellow and sideways. Thoughts

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
draggx said:
I love the cheap name calling of our players that comes out on this forum after a loss.

Where is the name calling?

I see people voicing their disappointment at a loss and certain players, but i don't see name calling.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
subsbligh said:
#1 Kemp fan said:

How'd you think Kemp went... Backwards running??? When did he develop that talent

Yes Kemp was quite poor tonight but he will bounce back next week.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
#1 Kemp fan said:
Loky was trying to get it to Folau but Thaiday kept getting in the way.

Not really.

We tried the same play on both sides of the ruck. It involved passing to a forward who backed into the defence and unloaded the ball. Canberra cottoned onto it fairly early, but for some reason we kept trying it.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • KickHaas
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.