Broncos Vs. Raiders - Match Thread.

Remember we did have Mc get bloodied for abit there and Beale had to slide into Hooker.

lyn said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
We don't have many options we just desperately need more from the props on the bench. There is no impact and no go forward when Kenny and Anderson come off. The Radiers big boopers destroyed us up the middle.
I agree but I don't think dropping McGuire and Dodds is the answer at the moment. Once Hala is 100% fit and back to how he was playing before his injury he should definitely be in there. If Sims can manage to start playing like he was late last year for the Broncos and early last year in the QLD Cup then that would be great. But at the moment neither are happening so we just have to wait IMO.

My guess is Setu if next to come into first grade unless Sims can pull a rabbit out his hat.

draggx said:
Remember we did have Mc get bloodied for abit there and Beale had to slide into Hooker.

I don't even want to comment on the Beale move to hooker!! My god.

lyn said:
gUt said:
Big Pete said:
Why do I get the feeling Beale is going to be the new Broncos scapegoat?

Don't know about that but he made 8 tackles, missed 4 (at least one of which directly led to a try) and then there was that kick. He's not the reason we lost but he did not do much to get us a win.

I will stand by the fact that our forwards were great. It was our passing and handling that let us down, plus the fact the refs were letting Canberra slow us down.

That was Norman.

I don't know why Beale is getting bagged so much. I was happy with how he went. He was really busy all night.

More than certain it was Beale. Anyway even if it wasn't he was still ordinary, especially in defense.

There was also a comment about Kemp running backwards. At the time I thought he was buying some time for the team to get back because he was completely on his own and would have had to play it to no one.

draggx said:
lyn said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
We don't have many options we just desperately need more from the props on the bench. There is no impact and no go forward when Kenny and Anderson come off. The Radiers big boopers destroyed us up the middle.
I agree but I don't think dropping McGuire and Dodds is the answer at the moment. Once Hala is 100% fit and back to how he was playing before his injury he should definitely be in there. If Sims can manage to start playing like he was late last year for the Broncos and early last year in the QLD Cup then that would be great. But at the moment neither are happening so we just have to wait IMO.

My guess is Setu if next to come into first grade unless Sims can pull a rabbit out his hat.

I doubt Sims will play his way into the First Grade side he needs a higher intensity game to perform IMO.

gUt said:
lyn said:
gUt said:
Big Pete said:
Why do I get the feeling Beale is going to be the new Broncos scapegoat?

Don't know about that but he made 8 tackles, missed 4 (at least one of which directly led to a try) and then there was that kick. He's not the reason we lost but he did not do much to get us a win.

I will stand by the fact that our forwards were great. It was our passing and handling that let us down, plus the fact the refs were letting Canberra slow us down.

That was Norman.

I don't know why Beale is getting bagged so much. I was happy with how he went. He was really busy all night.

More than certain it was Beale. Anyway even if it wasn't he was still ordinary, especially in defense.

There was also a comment about Kemp running backwards. At the time I thought he was buying some time for the team to get back because he was completely on his own and would have had to play it to no one.

Hmm, maybe we are thinking of different things here. I thought you were talking about the shot at goal.

#1 Kemp fan said:
draggx said:
lyn said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":1ni7cmzd]We don't have many options we just desperately need more from the props on the bench. There is no impact and no go forward when Kenny and Anderson come off. The Radiers big boopers destroyed us up the middle.

I doubt Sims will play his way into the First Grade side he needs a higher intensity game to perform IMO.[/quote:1ni7cmzd]
That didn't bother him last year...

Nah a grubber on the 4th about 40 meters out 5 meters in. I don't blame the kid for wanting to try something but it was the wrong play at the wrong time.

#1 Kemp fan said:
draggx said:

I dont think we had any other option really.

gUt said:
Nah a grubber on the 4th about 40 meters out 5 meters in. I don't blame the kid for wanting to try something but it was the wrong play at the wrong time.

That was Beale, My phone went across the room at that point.

for some positive thoughts on the game..

isn't Gillett gonna be a star!!!!

draggx said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
draggx said:

I dont think we had any other option really.

Glenn, he did it last year and wasn't to bad but oh well it is done now lets hope next week we play better.

gUt said:
Oh, I don't remember seeing that actually. Must of gotten distracted at the time it happened.

draggx said:
for some positive thoughts on the game..

isn't Gillett gonna be a star!!!!
He was very good, but I don't think he is doing enough in defense. Doesn't seem to get a lot of ball either.

draggx said:
#1 Kemp fan said:

We have plenty of Options so many young props running around looking for their chance we just gotta be patient and remember it may take a couple of games before they show something.

If Mcguire/Dodds get smashed next week then ill be on your "side" with this about some time in Qcup. But i think they need to have a couple of chance to get it. especially while its so early in the season.

What difference is one week going to make? Seriously, you have been defending changes through the whole thread, but now you say that you would be on board with changes next week?

FWIW - Dodds has done nothing to warrant keeping his spot. I'm not sure how Sims went on the weekend, but if he's up to it then I would bring him back in. Give Hala a game or two in QLD cup before bringing him back.

As for Beale, he is a scapegoat because he deserves to be. His defense was woeful in U20's, so it's no real surprise that it's below standard in NRL. His defense let in three tries tonight, so I'm not too sure why people are trying to defend him. He's a young guy, so I'm sure his defense will improve over time, but lets have it improve in QLD cup for a while. He's a bit raw in attack too IMO. That grubber on the 4th tackle was a bad option. I'm not sure why Henjak put him at dummy half when McCullough came off either. I thought that's why Glenn was on the bench in the first place.

Hala's already played twice in QCup.

Heard he had a good game first up and an okay second game. Unfortunately, it was second hand news.

Is it just me or do the Broncos never ever ever even look like they are trying to get a quick play the ball??

but see 1 more week would make 3 weeks in total.

3weeks is plenty to show signs. but again looking at the teams we face. the Sharks game could be a good one to try some plays.... mmmm

I have very high hopes for McGuire .

As for the defense thing. U20s in general is shotty defense we all know that.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • leon.bott
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • Johnny92
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Socnorb
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Strop
  • Financeguy
  • Hurrijo
  • BruiserMk1
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.