Broncos Vs. Raiders - Match Thread

I blame.. the Cowboys.

1. Injured Lockyer.
2. Lost to by about 50 to the Raiders making our job less attainable (even though we didn't beat them anyhow).

mud result but an expected result :evil:

the effort was there just the execution and guidance was off..Parker was good but that drop ball and penalty killed momentum..Thaiday should just concentrate on the game instead of trying to pick another fight..macca was good, our forwards sucked but whats new..

good luck in afl Folau icon_thumbs_u

we'll be better for it next year....uugghhhh gotta wait till next year [icon_non

schmix said:
People can say all they want about who's to blame but in the end:

1. The young guys didn't have it in them by the end of a long season, physically or mentally.
2. The old heads cracked under the pressure.
3. The only old head who wouldn't crack under pressure and who has the ability to drag everyone else out of the mental doldrums got injured.

It just wasn't our year folks. With a bit of luck we will be a force to be reckoned with next year.

Totally agree, I think the likes of Gillett, Thaiday and Te'o ran out of puff and possibly Yow Yeh and Winter also.

2011 a big year. Especially if hunt is wearing the 7.

can't be bothered to write a 243890234902 word review so i'll make short points

wallace with one shoulder is better than wallace with two.

hunt had his best game for brisbane

mccullough continues to grow as a player, threw the biggest dummy in the history of the game to score that try.

winter made some great reads coming off the wing but he's still shocking under the high ball. bomb the shit out of the cowboys next season.

mcguire reminds me of carl webb a bit. needs to get the stupid shit out of his game and let his football do the talking

yow yeh....i thought he was a superstar in the making, now i'm not so sure. extremely inconsistent.

parker... he's not a captain. it's not the fact we lost or the fact we have a poor record under him as captain, but he just does things he shouldn't. working hard and putting in a shift isn't always indicative of captaincy material. missing that kick from basically out in front was unforgiveable imo.

lastly, henjak, rightly or wrongly the history books will show you are the first coach in 20 years to lead Brisbane from the promised land, to the wilderness. Next year is make or break for him as well.

i'm disappointed but trying to put things into perspective. I really don't know what I am gonna do for the next few weeks with brisbane gone as i have no affiliation for any other side.

Spirited performance, at least they had a dig unlike the previous fortnight. Unlucky not to win it in the end, Canberra seemed to be on the verge of choking.

Better team selection this time from Henjak, even if it did come a bit late. Hunt was most impressive at five-eighth tonight (not sure what this means for Norman now though).

Our front rowers need to lift for next year, Hannant will be vital to our success. Bring on 2011! icon_smile

IMHO, if we had Lockyer out their tonight we probably get the 15 point win we needed or at least very close to it

Just in from the game, ordinary game of footy.

The refs gave us nothing and picked us off a few times which really hurt.

Cannot beleive IH is telling our boys to let the ball bounce on the bombs but it sure as shit looks like it.

We definately had our chances tonight but couldn't finish off.

Wallace looked much better at 6 and at least we know if Locky gets busted next year we have a halves combo which has no backrowers.

Oh and I think I saw the next rule change which will be to reduce points on the bomb. The bat back with 3-4 players follwing is a cancer in our game.

Dexter said:
Oh and I think I saw the next rule change which will be to reduce points on the bomb. The bat back with 3-4 players follwing is a cancer in our game.

Disagree, good coaching, we couldn't handle or replicate it.

Steve Michaels would be laughing hes playing finals,and broncos aren't

rowdy24 said:
Steve Michaels would be laughing hes playing finals,and broncos aren't

won't take away from the fact he is a shit retard... [icon_evillaugh

Valiant effort, disappointing season.

Ben Hunt did very well, and McCullough seems to have improved a bit in the past few weeks. Hoffman was excellent as usual.

Not surprised with the end result.

Renegade said:
Dexter said:

Disagree, good coaching, we couldn't handle or replicate it.

Good coaching under the rules but still it's a way a side lacking creativity can score points. I can see the day when two players go through and one lifts the other like a union lineout.

This is the way the play is developing, the first player there has no intention of contesting the catch only knocking it back to the following pack.

Hoffman's performance tonight summed up his season pretty well. Considering he didn't even get the first look at the No. 1 jersey, he's come a long way. We missed Hunt's influence at times for sure, but Hoffman has gone above and beyond expectations and deserves maximum kudos. Hopefully his second full season will be kind to him.

Obviously the result was a bitter pill to swallow but the performance the boys put in made me proud to be a Broncos fan. They threw everything at Canberra and if a couple of things had of stuck we would've won quite comfortably. Both Hoffman and Hunt have come a long way this season and I'm so proud of their efforts.

But what I'm really proud of was the fact we only missed 17 tackles. Brilliant effort.

18 years later, we miss the finals :cry: , but it's a very young team that will learn from it in the future. They went down fighting and that's all I could ask for, with the forwards aiming up against the monster pack (I really hate that prick of a TLL) of the comp. We didn't get rolled as I feared and even punched a few holes in their armour, even though a few less brain farts, especially from Parker, would have been nice.

I liked the Hunt and Wallace combo and McCullough did pretty well too. Can't see Norman get in the team any time soon...
See Ivan? It actually helps to put the players in their positions! [icon_shady

Couldn't believe how the ball bounced into Raiders hands every time, effectively made the difference in this game.

The refereeing was at its usual level, with both teams getting away with offsides and interferences in the play the ball, but it definitely felt like Maxwell was wearing a green jersey at the stadium! :evil:

The disgraceful grounding rule made for another mockery of a try, even if fair under the current rules as there was no apparent separation when Gillett grounded the ball... [eusa_doh

Every fu**ing team knows that kicking a bomb towards Winterstein is half a try, really glad to see him go, even if he does put in the effort and is a good dummy half runner.

Well done on the Raiders to reach the finals. Please knock the Dragons off their perch!

The Rock said:
at the end of the day it's all relative. we lost, we missed the 8. big deal. Wayne Bennet could have gotten us to a minor premiership, we have won 0 of our past , so in essence, it's a rather big deal.

you lot sit here and pretend nothing happened bur we LOST, we missed the 8. Antonio Winterstien should be dropped for the next game because CLEARLY he is as useless as owen craige in a sack racing competition.

the raiders should be congratulated on the effort. good luck to the raiders for the finals, but i'll be interested to see how they will go beating the PANTHERS at home. Exactly, they WON'T.

rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif

The Rock said:
at the end of the day it's all relative. we lost, we missed the 8. big deal. Wayne Bennet could have gotten us to a minor premiership, we have won 0 of our past , so in essence, it's a rather big deal.

you lot sit here and pretend nothing happened bur we LOST, we missed the 8. Antonio Winterstien should be dropped for the next game because CLEARLY he is as useless as owen craige in a sack racing competition.

the raiders should be congratulated on the effort. good luck to the raiders for the finals, but i'll be interested to see how they will go beating the PANTHERS at home. Exactly, they WON'T.

Hey Rocky....which game do you want to drop Winterstein for ?? When's it on

The Rock said:

no he shouldn't because his next premiership game will be for the Cowboys against us in round 1 next year [icon_razz1

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • MrMoore
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Swordfish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.