Broncos Vs Raiders - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Thread for this weeks game talk vs Raiders at 3pm Sunday at the Home of World Rugby League, Lang Park.

The same team as vs Sharks will be named, though Stagg may miss it due to how he overcomes his concussion. If so I'd suggest PJ may come back into the side.

I don't think the boys will be taking this game lightly, given how well the Raiders have been playing... so they should expect a fairly physical game

Danger game. The Raiders ALWAYS lift against the Broncos and they are currently in great form. Their halves are on fire in particular, Carney or no Carney. Can see this being a high-scoring game too.

Jebadude said:
Danger game. The Raiders ALWAYS lift against the Broncos

Agreed. I hate when the Broncos play the Raiders, especially at Suncorp.

The match is ALWAYS very frustrating.

it'll go one of two ways. Broncos will give them a touch up, or raiders will win a tight game. I'll be packing it if the margin is less than twelve points with 20 mins to go.

Back to daytime footy how it should be hopefully on a Sunny Sunday arve, I think it will be the former Coxy.

Raiders always play well at Suncorp still remember a few years back a Broncos - raiders game on a sunday arvo thought we had it won and they beat us, still here about it to this day as my brother is a raiders supporter im hoping we win on sunday so i can bag him for the next year.!!!

Broncs improve even more on last week we can win this one.
Raiders are a fast mobile team though and our defence will have to be gruesome.

We need Carrol to smash anyone in his sight like he did last week.

I still remember the game in 2005 or 2006 when the Raiders flew out to an 18-0 lead at half time. Broncos won 28-24 or something in the end.

The Raiders have a lot of very quick, unpredictable attacking players and will really threaten the fringes of the ruck. We need to keep a good forward rotation to ensure fatigue is kept to a minimum, and we MUST tighten up the defence around the marker area, because they have players that can really exploit any weaknesses there.

Ultimately, we have to draw them into playing a more forward-orientated game than they are used to. If we get our forwards rolling on top of theirs, then Locky and Wallace can take advantage and spin it wide.

Definite danger game. Both sides can score plenty of points & I think it'll be very, very tight. Broncos by 8, and fingers crossed all the way!

BRONCOS FIRST GRADE TEAM
1 Karmichael Hunt
2 Denan Kemp
3 Darius Boyd
4 Justin Hodges
5 Kaine Manihera
6 Darren Lockyer ©
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Michael Ennis
10 Joel Clinton
11 Corey Parker
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Tonie Carroll
Interchange
14 Ashton Sims
15 Greg Eastwood
16 Nick Kenny
17 David Stagg

BRONCOS NYC TEAM
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Mitch Rivett
3 Will Tupou
4 Gerard Beale
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Jared Kahu
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Mitchell Dodds
11 Matt Handcock
12 Troyden Watene
13 Alex Glenn ©
Interchange
14 Matt Gillett
15 Dunamis Lui
16 Jeremiah Walters
17 Brendon Gibb

Raiders are unchanged...and why wouldn't they be.

1. DAVID MILNE
2. COLIN BEST
3. ADRIAN PURTELL
4. JOEL MONAGHAN
5. JUSTIN CARNEY
6. TERRY CAMPESE
7. MARC HERBERT
8. TROY THOMPSON
9. RYAN HINCHCLIFFE
10. DANE TILSE
11. MARSHALL CHALK
12. JOE PICKER
13. ALAN TONGUE (C)

14. BEN JONES
15. TREVOR THURLING
16. SCOTT LOGAN
17. GLEN BUTTRISS
18. NEVILLE COSTIGAN
19. MICHAEL WEYMAN

If we show up with the right attitude you we will win. The Raiders are a good young side but the Broncos are better and will win well.

Doubt it. I read that he was stood down for the rest of the season.

they have a very good forward pack, we will need to really take it to em early and get confidence down for no comeback.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • cento
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • davidp
  • Cavalo
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.