Broncos Vs Raiders - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

Won't see the game unfortunately will watch the IQ of it later on, going to the Roar's preseason cup match at Perry Park and then the Cold War Kids. Ah well will have to harass Coxy about Danny Nutley's unlimited talents again another time. Really worried about this game, the Raiders are so red hot right now and we are coming along nicely an upset (though not likely but quite possible) would kill our momentum and top 4 ambitions. Broncs by 10, no confidence.

No PJ? Is he injured?

So what happens if Ennis, Wallace or Lockyer get injured?

Oh, of course, the named team is never the one that runs onto the paddock. Silly me.

rnabokov said:
No PJ? Is he injured?

Oh, of course, the named team is never the one that runs onto the paddock. Silly me.

Is getting injured the likely event?

You'd much rather pick a bench that works to the game plan, not just pick a bench just in case some bloke gets injured.

And we didn't say the team that is picked is NEVER the run-on side, stop twisting our words.

rod78 said:
are there any reports on how dave taylor went in qc

A mate of mine who was at the game said both Marsh & Taylor played well, without starring

Jebadude said:
rnabokov said:
No PJ? Is he injured?

Is getting injured the likely event?

You'd much rather pick a bench that works to the game plan, not just pick a bench just in case some bloke gets injured.

And we didn't say the team that is picked is NEVER the run-on side, stop twisting our words.

Twisting words - yeah, right.

Quote from BroncoMatt and YOU in the Broncos -Sharks Team Thread.

1. "That's only the program team. I think there will be a few more changes to the team that takes the field ".(BM)

2. "As BroncoMatt said though, this side is for program purposes only. Don't throw the tomatoes yet." (YOU)

So don't you throw tomatoes mate.

For the Raiders game, the team listed has no utility other than possibly Eastwood - not a great selection IMO.

As for getting injured, I'd consider Locky's knee still somewhat of a risk, Wallace's stated injuries a bit of a worry, and who can predict what injuries might happen to key playmakers - like Ennis e.g.

Hold YOUR tomatoes, you sarcastically remarked that the team named is NEVER the one that takes the paddock. What I said was an assumption based on that week's team selections. As it turns out, I was wrong. Big deal, we move on.

I actually agree with you in the sense that I would have PJ Marsh on the bench instead of Stagg BTW.

But I don't agree with you in the sense that a bench should be picked on the basis that some bloke might get injured.

Also - I think for this game especially, we need to draw them into a forwards battle and take away the brilliant form of their backline as it stands at the moment. So if that is the game plan then it's a well-named side.

Jebadude said:
Hold YOUR tomatoes, you sarcastically remarked that the team named is NEVER the one that takes the paddock. What I said was an assumption based on that week's team selections. As it turns out, I was wrong. Big deal, we move on.

I actually agree with you in the sense that I would have PJ Marsh on the bench instead of Stagg BTW.

But I don't agree with you in the sense that a bench should be picked on the basis that some bloke might get injured.

My argument is simply that we need a utility to cover the key positions of half, 5/8 and hooker - and so far, we have no-one except maybe Eastwood.

And in tough games, injuries to key players - especially ones who already have existing injuries, are a fact of life, and the team selection should at least take that fact into account.

Not to mention that it seems like PJ will be our regular hooker next year.

[icon_lol1. @ all the tomatoes.

I'd like to see PJ back but, unless someone gets injured, it means he'll replace Ennis, and I'm not really into the two hookers thing unless you've got a great one that can't play 80 minutes. Ennis has been the only consistent member of the 6, 7, 9 trio lately, and I think we need him there.

Every game is important, but winning a tough game against the form team of the comp (Raiders) would give the Broncos particular confidence and create the momentum we will need coming into the most open finals series in many years. I would like to see a return to the interchange passing between the forwards that proved so successful at the start of the year and a day game will offer us that opportunity.

I think having 4 forwards on the field lastweek helped out our forwards to do what they havnt been doing the last few weeks. If this is the team that plays then that is good IMO. It means that Locky is fully fit. But when you think about it a injury to Ennis or someone early in the game could realy screw us up.

Sounds like a few players are in doubt with injury, so much for naming the same team 2 weeks in a row

Wallace in battle to be fit
By Steve Ricketts
July 30, 2008 BRISBANE half-back Peter Wallace is racing the clock to be fit for Sunday's NRL match against Canberra after he copped knees in the back in their 18-12 win over Cronulla.

Hooker/half-back P. J. Marsh is also battling a back complaint after he was twisted awkwardly in a tackle playing for Central Comets against Wynnum-Manly.

Broncos performance director Jeremy Hickmans said Wallace was still very sore but hoped to train Thursday for the first time since the Cronulla match.

"He got knees in the back in the middle of a tackle," Hickmans said. "There was nothing sinister about it but it's taken a while to settle down."

Centre Justin Hodges (corked thigh), second-rower Corey Parker (calf) and utility David Stagg (ankle) are also carrying injuries.

Hodges never seems to be 100% fit, He seems to pick up a minor injury almost every game he plays.

fenomeno said:
Hodges never seems to be 100% fit, He seems to pick up a minor injury almost every game he plays.

True, hes a bit like Wallace..

Hodges was getting hit pretty hard on Friday nite, if he runs from dummy half like that every game they'll target him, like 3 or 4 of them will go in and try to injure him.

Because so often he runs at half arsed speed, lumbering out of dummyhalf, begging to be smashed.

Coxy said:
Because so often he runs at half arsed speed, lumbering out of dummyhalf, begging to be smashed.

But he's awesome from dummy half if he can catch the defence on the back foot. Makes so many half-breaks and breaks.

It's all about picking the right time to run.

Yeah, and doing it with conviction. Sometimes he gets lazy with it, just ambles. It's not going to beat anybody and just sets him up to be buffeted.

Active Now

• Rowdy124
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Justwin
  • Ondi
  • thenry
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Jedhead
  • Allo
  • phoenix
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • Broncorob
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KickHaas
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.