Broncos Vs Raiders - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

Guys - I couldn't be bothered.

The fact that Parker keeps getting selected means Bennett has faith in him that he will come good.

I have faith in Parker - as does obviously Bennett.

As for the number of his chances - then that's up to the greatest coach on the planet - especially as so many say, of forwards.

As for comparing '06 to this season - I am SICK of this red herring. The differences are just so great that it is TOTALLY POINTLESS - and that's all I was trying to say.

Hodges @ FB, Perry at 1/2, Lockyer fully fit, Webcke + Civo....

In any case - let form and results speak for themselves in '08.

We should swap Stagg with Parker IMO. Let Stagg start the game and tackle his arse off, and let Parker come off the bench like he did in 06 and 07, and be more effective in attack.

rnabokov said:

The fact that Parker keeps getting selected means Bennett has faith in him that he will come good.

As for the number of his chances - then that's up to the greatest coach on the planet - especially as so many say, of forwards.

As for comparing '06 to this season - I am SICK of this red herring. The differences are just so great that it is TOTALLY POINTLESS - and that's all I was trying to say.

I think we won in 06 on the back of our forward pack... if only we had that pack now with Wallace/Ennis we'd be unstoppable. Things are different this year, if Perry was playing at halfback with Lockyer at 5/8 we would struggle for sure.

renouf said:
rnabokov said:

I think we won in 06 on the back of our forward pack... if only we had that pack now with Wallace/Ennis we'd be unstoppable. Things are different this year, if Perry was playing at halfback with Lockyer at 5/8 we would struggle for sure.

Thank you for the voice of reason.

The obvious differences from our 06 squad and current squad is
Current has better backs.
better halves.
2006 has better forward pack by a mile.

ethos said:
Stagg's out, Taylor takes his spot on the bench.

Let's hope he fires up!

That is great news Taylor will be awesome coming off the bench as an impact player.

Beads6 said:
ethos said:
Stagg's out, Taylor takes his spot on the bench.

Let's hope he fires up!

That is great news Taylor will be awesome coming off the bench as an impact player.

Let's hope he has the same Bennett rockets for breakfast Eastwood had last week!

lyn said:
The obvious differences from our 06 squad and current squad is
Current has better backs.
better halves.
2006 has better forward pack by a mile.

I would say our back row is better than it was in 06 but our front row is embarrassingly worse than the one we had in 06 (especially when you consider Thorn was basically a third prop).

I had a big night on the booze last night. Think I got home about 3am, and I still feel a bit on the tipsy side this morning and more than a little woozy.

However, the first thought that came into my head this morning was as ethos just said, we're gonna snap Canberra, big time.

I think today is the day the 2008 premiership takes serious notice of the Broncos.

Think we will win, but not without some scares from a very good footy team. 24-20 to the good guys.

While your at the game Coxy just imagine I am there praising any good hitups by Raiders players as hitups inspired by the legend of Nutley.

I will be catching a very late replay.....GO THE ROAR (even though we are out of the preseason cup) GO THE COLD WAR KIDS!

My husband had a dream last night we were down 52-0 at halftime. He jumped up in bed in a cold sweat [icon_lol1.

Attitude is right today and we will will this one although be a good tight game.

i got a little too drunk last nite and just kinda woke up, considering i live an hour away from the ground, looks like im not going :( oh well, go broncos

Coxy said:
However, the first thought that came into my head this morning was as ethos just said, we're gonna snap Canberra, big time.

Funny you say that.. was the first thing I thought when I woke up too. I could have possibly even been dreaming about it :|

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.