Broncos Vs Raiders - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Brilliant.

That is what you call sexy rugby league.

Praise to Joel Clinton and Benny Hannant who really set the platform.

Wallace, Lockyer and Hunt were all crafty. Hodges is definitely the best centre in the world. icon_thumbs_u

That last try was just breathtakingly brilliant. [icon_ee

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Saw the last 35 minutes of the game. We were really good against a good side that threw plenty at us. Forward pack was all running hard which is very good to see. Taylor looked very dangerous while on so hopefully he gets more opportunities now. Lockyer, Hunt and Wallace were scheming well together today and seem to be gelling more and more with Lockyer back playing week in week out. I loved the fact when we did make some breaks we had goes backing up which is a very good sign that the enthusiasm is up so we do take advantage of our half chances. Lockyer's kick for Kemp on the siren really showed how smart the guy is, if we stay fit (particularly him) we are a big chance after weathering what we did today and coming out the other side with such a good result.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
What surprised me was Hodges actually passing the ball. the ball for Hunt's try was brilliant

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Brilliant.

That is what you call sexy rugby league.

Praise to Joel Clinton and Benny Hannant who really set the platform.

Wallace, Lockyer and Hunt were all crafty. Hodges is definitely the best centre in the world. icon_thumbs_u

That last try was just breathtakingly brilliant. [icon_ee

Bloody oath. It was fantastic stuff, I love when we play like that.

Great team performance. The props did the hard yards, the second rowers were dangerous and I thought the bench provided great impact. And Clinton really stood out IMO. It's a shame he spent so much time on the bench though.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It is so so good to see the enthusiasm back - and the kick-chase game was one of the best I've ever seen from the team.

I also thought the Raiders forwards were very solid and it was great to see that we matched them in every department - except offloads, which is one area we can still improve.

Still want to see more of Taylor, and I still think Parker is way off his best.

One of the best games of football I've seen for a long time.

We ARE back.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
LOL @ all the people who were saying we aren't finals contenders. We are definitely building very well towards the finals.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Did Sims play ?? I didn't even sight him. I think he needs a stint in the QLD cup and I would love to see PJ have a run he would light up our attack even more IMO. It was a great win today our defence was the key that has to be our focus coming into the finals.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Alec said:
LOL @ all the people who were saying we aren't finals contenders. We are definitely building very well towards the finals.

LOL @ all the people who think Denan Kemp isn't very good.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Alec said:

Considering how s##t we were going and with no guarantees on Lockyer's fitness I can see exactly why some people were more than a bit concerned about our season prospects.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Beads6 said:
Did Sims play ?? I didn't even sight him. I think he needs a stint in the QLD cup and I would love to see PJ have a run he would light up our attack even more IMO. It was a great win today our defence was the key that has to be our focus coming into the finals.

Parker deserves to go to QLD Cup before Sims does IMO.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Alec said:

LOL at you for trying to tell me Denan Kemp is crap. Go suck a lemon haha

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
big props to Clinton today, he really made some good runs like he use to. Would of liked to see him get more game time today but then we wouldnt have seen taylor as much, who needs game time too. Thought parker is getting better, plenty more harder runs up the middle then look to run a little wider.

Just a great composed performance by the whole team with the key players all working together today.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Alec said:

LOL @ all the people who think Denan Kemp isn't very good.

I'm actually very happy to be found wrong about that part. icon_thumbs_u

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Alec said:

I was one of those who had real doubts - mainly about Locky's presence to lead and create.

I am glad that it looks like I'e been proved wrong.

Kemp - what a shame we're losing him, and I thought Sims played better than Parker BTW, and I've always advocated PJ on the bench.

I thought Parker did very little today.

And Clinton is continuing his return to form.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
What was the crowd number guys?

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Omfg that was awsome. Praises to Hannant, clinton and Thaiday. They set a awsome platform. Great backup particularily when Locky scored that try. A few dud calls from the ref but oh well i can't argue we still won.
The guy that has realy impressed me lately is Boyd! His defence has improved so much! loving that tackle when he drove the guy back 10 or so metres. Good to see Hunt Wallace and locky gelling well.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
spoonbled said:
big props to Clinton today, he really made some good runs like he use to. Would of liked to see him get more game time today but then we wouldnt have seen taylor as much, who needs game time too. Thought parker is getting better, plenty more harder runs up the middle then look to run a little wider.

Just a great composed performance by the whole team with the key players all working together today.

Yeah he was very good today... thats a few games now that he has aimed up, who knows he might be coming back to his 03/04 form

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.