Broncos Vs Raiders - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

I think we did really well today. Granted, I only saw the second half due to the wife's hair appointment (why on a Sunday?), but it looked like we were playing against a schoolboy side at times. Canberra had promising spurts and then gave up the ball, and the Broncos made the most of the ball when they had it.

What I saw was impressive. I think we're in good form for the finals, and if we can keep up the intensity of today, we're a real chance.

Hammo said:
P.S. Archer should absolutly be dropped to Jim Beam after calling that "no-try strip" just before the break!! That was disgraceful. And in fact, if that was a GF or at least a semi, he would be in deep shit. He ddin't even look at his touchies. Pathetic.

His touchies even said something to him and then pointed to the BIG **** ING SCREEN behind him and he didn't want a bar of it.

Great effort today, especially in defence - the Raiders threw plenty at us and for a team that has scored plenty of tries recently we did an awesome job to keep them to 6 points (which they should never have had the opportunity to score, thanks Archer you dimwit!) How good is our kick chase on long kicks? Best in the comp I reckon!

I thought our big blokes in Hannant and Clinton were great for us today - those 2 and Sammy provided the bulk of the go-forward which really got us on the front foot - I though the rest of the pack was down on previous weeks, TC was much quieter than he has been and Parker worked hard (his chase on long kicks is very good) but is still not giving us much in attack or defence. I thought our front row played the best combined game they have for some time. I have been critical of Ennis but thought he played a much more settled game today, his kicking from dummy half was great - a few just trickled over the dead ball line that would have got us repeat sets which was a shame.

Locky is getting back to his best and even at 80% he can dominate a game. Can't be too critical after an effort like today but I think a few times he really wanted the ball Ennis and Wallace ignored him for what turned out to be ordinary plays - when the best in the world wants the ball you give it to him I reckon. His combination with K and Hodges is really getting back to what it was before his injury and our short passing game around the ruck is going to cause some teams real problems in the next few weeks. Boyd and Kemp are going awesome, Boyd is a rock in defence and Kemp has magic feet and a real ability to find the line.

Great to see big DT just getting out there and running hard. Not that we needed them but I thought our other bench guys were pretty quiet today and didn't give us the impact we have been getting from them over the last few weeks. All in all a great game and a great win. Keep today's effort up and smooth off a few more rough edges and we will have plenty of teams watching out for us in the next few weeks.

Kemp should have stayed, why would you want to play at the Warriors when you have a legend you can combine with to score special tries like that....Oh wait, more money, oh well, he seems like a good kid, will be supporting him at the warriors next year, hopefully he does well.

Someone might of already said something about it, but was Justin Hodges "gesture" directed at the referee??

Is that where he pointed to his eyes?

The Channel 9 guys said he directed that to the touchy for calling a forward pass.

BroncoMatt said:
Someone might of already said something about it, but was Justin Hodges "gesture" directed at the referee??

Yep, he was sarcastically clapping the touchie too, about the forward pass.

On the radio they said it was directed at the ref.

Just saw the replay, it was to the touchie, I don't think he wasn't being a smart ass.

Just saying he has good eyesight. (I am sticking to that story)

guppy said:
Is that where he pointed to his eyes?

The Channel 9 guys said he directed that to the touchy for calling a forward pass.

No it was more of a "up yours" gesture

There was nothing wrong with Hodges 'gesture'. Did it with a smile on his face, was just having a joke IMO.

Nothing sinister in it.

ningnangnong said:
There was nothing wrong with Hodges 'gesture'. Did it with a smile on his face, was just having a joke IMO.

Nothing sinister in it.

Are we talking about the same one? I dodnt know if they showed this one on TV? Canberra had just received a penalty, and Hodges argued the decision, the ref turned his back and Hodges gave him the "up yours" gesture

BroncoMatt said:
ningnangnong said:

Nothing sinister in it.

Are we talking about the same one? I dodnt know if they showed this one on TV? Canberra had just received a penalty, and Hodges argued the decision, the red turned his back and Hodges gave him the "up yours" gesture

Ah ok, don't think we are then.

The one i'm on about, and most others for that matter is when there was a forward pass off one of those Hodges to Hunt inside balls.

The Rock said:
Hammo said:
P.S. Archer should absolutly be dropped to Jim Beam after calling that "no-try strip" just before the break!! That was disgraceful. And in fact, if that was a GF or at least a semi, he would be in deep shit. He ddin't even look at his touchies. Pathetic.

No, it was the correct call. The rule is shit, but it was the correct call.

Hodges fell off Best, then Kemp came in and raked it out - That is classed as a 2-man strip because Hodges fell off. If he was actually in the motion of scoring the try then it would be allowed.

Archer was correct, but the rule is farking pathetic.

Was it stripped though? Poor ball control from Best IMO.

I thought they changed that? In the Storm game one of their players fell off a tackle and the other reefed it out and it was play on.

I thought it was a great performance, one of our best for the year. Sims and Parker need the same rocket up them that Eastowood and Thaiday got, we need more from them. And how did Boyd manage to hold Jones (?) up, i thought he was over for sure.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.