Broncos Vs Raiders - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

Can't think of a bad player in our side today. Some were quieter than others but everyone contributed to a great team performance which was great to see.

Darius Boyd - not sure whether you're gonna be with us next year or not champ - but what a performance!!! Didn't put a single foot wrong in defence, he was outstanding in that regard. And a couple of line breaks and a try to go with it. Fantastic performance [eusa_clap.gi

Also really like Wallace's game today because he is really starting to run a lot more. And he knew when to run and when not to run today and his kicking game was great. We've got a gem of a halfback here. If he and Hunt work together for Hunt to support Wallace when he decides to run we will see a lot more line breaks. He made some good half breaks there today and if he had some support we're laughin!!!!! Him and Locky are working really well and the 1-6-7-9 are forming a really strong backbone for our team.

All-in-all a very satisfying performance leading up to the finals, let's take the same game across the Tasman boys [eusa_clap.gi

I watched the game this afternoon. And god did the Broncos play with some intensity in the first half.

I really thought Clinton shone in the first half as well, gaining some good metres.

I don't think Thaiday belongs in the second row, he's emerging more of a ball running lock. I could see him playing a Tonie Carroll role for the rest of his career, because at the moment, hes just not making the yards.

Peter Wallace really showed the selectors why he should have been included in the Aus side. He played a blinder.

And Lockyer.. nothing compares to this guys influence on the club, let alone the whole competition.

Good win!

Very happy with the performance today, each week we are improving and th teams above should be looking over their shoulders.

Agree with many above that really not a bad player today but special mention to Clinton who is showing what we saw in him to pay him big $$$, Thaiday was strong once again and is in a rich vein of form at present. Kenny impressed once again off the bench and I actually thought Sims was good for us today.

In the backs the combination between 1, 6 and 7 is slowly forming into what we all hope will be a long back end of season run. Locky is getting better each game in all aspects, Wally is back to SOO form and Hunt is loving it. Darius please don't leave, he absolutely marked Monaghan out of the game today and he and Kaine are working great guns on the left. hodgo was back to what we expect and cut the crap out, passed the ball all what the # 1 centre in the game should be doing.

A very pleasing effort and hopefully the start, no the progression of something bigger ahead.

Oh and Broncos get a picture of Manihara for the big screen when nnouncing the teams it is disrespectful that after 6 games or more you still haven't taken a picture of him for the screen.

Very good effort from the boys today. The usual suspects were awesome, being Sammy, Locky, Wally and Hodgo!

Clinton was strong again today, as I believe he has been for most of the year. Ennis struggled to make his usual impact but we didnt really need him as much today as in the past.

Kemp and Boyd made some really important tackles on the big Canberra centres (and forwards) which kept us in the game at the crucial stages. I also thought that Manihera was superb on the wing defending against Best and Monaghan. He also made crucial breaks and meters from dummy half when the forwards needed a rest.

Overall I hope we can take it across the ditch next week and keep the winning streak going!

Russo said:
Oh and Broncos get a picture of Manihara for the big screen when nnouncing the teams it is disrespectful that after 6 games or more you still haven't taken a picture of him for the screen.

I reckon it makes for a cool "nobody to Premiership-winning Winger" story, or so I hope [icon_wink

But I agree it's not a real good look. They could at least put his age etc on there.

Jebadude said:
Russo said:

I reckon it makes for a cool "nobody to Premiership-winning Winger" story, or so I hope [icon_wink

But I agree it's not a real good look. They could at least put his age etc on there.

Yes it's very poor [icon_thumbs_do

It's surely not that hard??

No 5
Kaine Manihera
Kaine%20Manihera.jpg

Age 21

Jeez our attacking is getting back to the spark shown earlier in the season! The mid-year injuries etc. might well prove to be an absolute godsend! I love the confidence that Locky and Wallace bring to the side when fully fit, and the forwards are really putting their hands up again, which is great to see.

However, IMO the best part of yesterday's match was our defence. Yes, the Raiders weren't "on" when it comes to their attack, but the reffing was TERRIBLE and we were forced to make tackle after tackle after tackle.

The fact that the Raiders' only try came a few tackles after arguably the worst refereeing decision this decade (the one on one strip over the line, of course) is testament to a very committed defensive display.

Bit of a shame that all of the top four teams also won, but we've got a nice buffer over sixth now and I'm pretty confident that we won't drop any further than fifth.

mick! said:
The fact that the Raiders' only try came a few tackles after arguably the worst refereeing decision this decade (the one on one strip over the line, of course) is testament to a very committed defensive display.

The worst decision that was 110% correct Mick, is that the one you are referring to [icon_wink , as rocky said above the call was correct. Had the strip occurred over the line then it would have been play on, but instead Hodges missed him meaning he was still 1st man in the tackle, Kemp 2nd therefore an illegal strip.

Beads6 said:
Did Sims play ?? I didn't even sight him. I think he needs a stint in the QLD cup and I would love to see PJ have a run he would light up our attack even more IMO. It was a great win today our defence was the key that has to be our focus coming into the finals.

I actually thought Sims played solidly, apart from one lost ball in a tackle when he was trying to get his arm free to offload. He hit hard but controlled, and he ran with purpose.

Clinton impressed me greatly too, he's continuing his solid improvement.
Thaiday, Carroll and Kenny were all good too, Hannant a step up from his previous few weeks of mediocrity too.
Parker still disappoints me.

Backline and Ennis were firing too which was the highlight for me. That kick by Lockyer for Denan...I used to love it when we did that looking for Sailor and Tuqiri back in the day, so good to see that back.

Jebadude said:
The Rock said:
Hammo said:
P.S. Archer should absolutly be dropped to Jim Beam after calling that "no-try strip" just before the break!! That was disgraceful. And in fact, if that was a GF or at least a semi, he would be in deep shit. He ddin't even look at his touchies. Pathetic.

No, it was the correct call. The rule is shit, but it was the correct call.

Hodges fell off Best, then Kemp came in and raked it out - That is classed as a 2-man strip because Hodges fell off. If he was actually in the motion of scoring the try then it would be allowed.

Archer was correct, but the rule is farking pathetic.

Was it stripped though? Poor ball control from Best IMO.

Agreed. There was no hand involved, Best just dropped it when he hit the deck. Terrible terrible decision.

Solid win after being challenged early in the second half. It wasn't a spectacular performance but we're building nicely and should hit top form within weeks. Very happy to see Clinton turn it on yesterday. He was solid man solid.

How big is next week's game?????? Both Cronulla and Sydney are unlikely to lose next week so if we want that home final it's a must win.

The 1-on-1 strip was a poor call, but not nearly as bad as the high tackle on Kemp which would have forced a brisbane drop-out. Sometimes we may as well play touch football.

That was disgraceful the Kemp tackle. I was shaking my head when the Canberra boy was put on report. Soft soft soft.

I dunno, I've seen tackles like the Kemp one penalised all year. Was actually relieved when they didn't penalise Hodges for his hit on the Canberra 14 later on. It was totally accidental, but shoulder flush with chin again.

What an awesome game, I loved everyminute of it, the highs the lows. the Lockyer! Woohoo.

How the hell did Sammy get motm though? He was great,but surely Lockyer & Clinton were better...hmmm. Anyway, what a great way to finish the weekend.

Honestly, they could've given MOTM to Thaiday, Boyd, Hunt, Clinton, Wallace or Lockyer and I wouldn't have complained.

Boyd's defence has been sensational the last few weeks hasn't it, he never makes a wrong decision!

Pretty good effort by the team, glimpses of what we are capable of but we are still along way off from mixing it with Manly or Storm. I love this Inside-Out ball they are doing, and the variations caught the defense out 3 times.

I would have to say Enthusiasm was by far the best I have seen all year, the way Clinton ran the ball with passion and determination, our kick chases, our scramble defense it almost looked like a group of kids all crowding the ball there was that much enthusiasm. Consider it was something we have lacked it was very pleasing to see the them all take onboard Bennetts calls.

Hodges is starting to get some grub in him, a couple of tackles were almost questionable and he's definitely got some lip on him. Just needs to tone it down a bit before he gets us in trouble at the wrong time.

Lockyer... what an absolute champion. Would you see Johns pulling a kick like that in the last 5 seconds after the game is already won? This guy is just something else. We watch him every weekend and I think we get used to it but if you have a sit back and actually take in what he does... unreal.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Battler
  • Lurker
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.