Broncos vs Sharks - Build up thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Wait and see how everyone's playing when those fellas return.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Yow Yeh won't slot straight back in ..... he won't be match fit yet.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
jarro65 said:
Yow Yeh won't slot straight back in ..... he won't be match fit yet.

IMO, he will come into the side.... we need him back

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
broncos777 said:
lyn said:
1.Norman
2.Winterstein
3.Glenn
4.Folau
5.Yow Yeh
6.Lockyer
7.Wallace
8.Kenny
9.McCullough
10.Anderson
11.Te'o
12.Thaiday
13.Gillett

14.Hunt
15.Sims
16.Lui
17.Setu
18.McGuire
19.Copley
This is my team icon_thumbs_u

is it to early to scream?

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
1.Norman
2.Winterstein
3.Glenn
4.Folau
5.Yow Yeh
6.Lockyer
7.Wallace
8.Kenny
9.McCullough
10.Sims
11.Setu
12.Thaiday
13.Gillett

14.Hunt
15.Te'o
16.Anderson
17.Lui

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
1.Hoffman
2.Winterstein
3.Glenn
4.Folau
5.Yow Yeh
6.Lockyer
7.Wallace
8.Kenny
9.McCullough
10.Anderson
11.Te'o
12.Thaiday
13.Gillett

14.Hunt
15.Sims
16.Setu
17.Lui

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Everyone seems to have Glen in the centres, but i think we need to stop putting fowards in our backs. IMO Hoffman had a good game so i think either Hoffman, Winerstein or Yow Yeh need to play centre and the other two can play wing. Here's hoping Folau is back this weekend and we can get the same backline on the field for more than 1 game.

I think this weekend against the sharks will be the game to try a new centre as the sharks centres are not that classy so i think it wont be a big gamble.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Donny said:
Everyone seems to have Glen in the centres, but i think we need to stop putting fowards in our backs. IMO Hoffman had a good game so i think either Hoffman, Winerstein or Yow Yeh need to play centre and the other two can play wing. Here's hoping Folau is back this weekend and we can get the same backline on the field for more than 1 game.

I think this weekend against the sharks will be the game to try a new centre as the sharks centres are not that classy so i think it wont be a big gamble.

Glenn was a revelation in the centres last night. It's the first time I've seen him actually use his footwork and strength to such effect. Plus his defence out wide is exactly what we need. Reminds me a bit of Willie T.

Gillett is playing so well he must be lock. Not bench. Starting lock. It's time for him to step up.

1.Norman
2.Winterstein
3.Glenn
4.Folau
5.Yow Yeh/Hoffman
6.Lockyer
7.Wallace
8.Sims
9.McCullough
10.Anderson
11.Te'o
12.Thaiday
13.Gillett

14.Hunt
15.Kenny
16.Lui
17.Setu

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
draggx said:
And we still have Parker,Hodges and Kemp to return.

Who drops for them....

Setu drops Gillett to bench Parker to Start.

Hodges in for Glenn, Glenn to bench.... Who drops?

Kemp, does he come straight back in?

If Norman doesn't lift his game then I think we should consider Kemp at fullback.

B

Benno

U18 Player
Aug 22, 2008
Without Hodges but the others mentioned to return, how about:

1. Kemp
2.Winterstein
3.Glenn
4.Folau
5.Yow Yeh
6.Lockyer
7.Wallace
8.Kenny
9.McCullough
10.Sims
11. Parker
12.Thaiday
13.Gillett

14.Hunt
15.Anderson
16.Lui
17.Teo

Changes I made.

Kemp to full back - the footwork, speed and kicking skills - we have to give him a shot, he could be our Billy Slater type player. Imagine if he had been there to work with the offloads from the last game, fullback allows him to do that. We need him and his speed chasing down kicks from everywhere on the field, not just his wing. It's exciting the way he charges on to kicks isn't it! I'd consider that to be one of his major strengths.

Glenn - If you look at his experience, he is a centre first, before being a forward and he looked a natural at left centre, a position we struggle with, Hodges and Folau both prefer right centre.

Yow Yeh - he has the speed, height and experience to be our preferred wing when fit.

Sims to start - give us some agression at the start and lets us have a more experienced starting pack. This will help us combat some of the bigger, stronger packs out there.

Parker back to second row - so he can run a bit wider where he has been successful in the past, can play 80 mins. One of our better plays has to be on the field from the start.

Gillette to start at lock - I agree with other, he is what we have been missing at lock, he has good foot work, good defense and some ball playing ability. I look forward to him using his footwork running onto some more Lockyer and Wallace passes. We can shift Parker back to lock if/when he needs a rest.

Hunt stays on the bench - he provides us with a good spark and something different to keep the opposition guessing from dummy half/extra play maker.

Anderson - he comes off the bench to keep us rolling when Kenny comes off the field. That way we always have a consistent strong prop on the field.

Lui - he played really well off the bench and play like that we would be lucky to have him there.

Teo - Comes off the bench to provide impact for us, swaps with Sims. Has a good offloading ability too which will be more effective from the bench, so the opposition is more tired when he comes on and starts offloading to the likes of Kemp...

Corey Norman - The kid has a massive future and I don't think some time in QLD cup will hurt him, I believe it will make him stronger and hopefully bring some experience to his game, which is what I think we agree he needs. Will challenge Hunt to be our replacement for Lockyer.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I thought Kemp was out for 8+ weeks why is everyone mentioning him already?
Esp with this.
Latest update: Israel Folau will be back from undergoing surgery for a dislocated finger sooner than expected but Denan Kemp will be out for longer than expected.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Denan Kemp was at the Leagues Club on Friday night. He said 3-4 weeks and he'd definitely be right. Parker said Bulldogs game.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
As I said elsewhere, Kemp is my first choice FB. Can't wait for him to return. He can be our answer to Slater.

Yow Yeh when he returns, and Winterstein - first choice wings.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
rnabokov said:
As I said elsewhere, Kemp is my first choice FB. Can't wait for him to return. He can be our answer to Slater.

I'd love to see it happen but honestly I will eat my hat if it does!!

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
rnabokov said:

I'd love to see it happen but honestly I will eat my hat if it does!!

We'll eat crow if it doesn't.

We are silly to drop Yow Yew or Winterstein.

Norman and the others are not there yet, especially at the business end of the season.

Kemp is.

Hope the hat stays where it belongs.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
I will be happy with Kemp at fullback.
He has the abilitly to find a hole and slice his way through, which something Norman will never have

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Big_Dave said:
I will be happy with Kemp at fullback.
He has the abilitly to find a hole and slice his way through, which something Norman will never have

Bit early in poor old Norman's career to be stating what he will never be able to do isn't it?

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
rnabokov said:
Gillett is playing so well he must be lock. Not bench. Starting lock. It's time for him to step up.

I agree with this. Even though he is still pretty fresh, I have a feeling he will be up to the job - particuarly if we have so many more experienced players returning. He is a gun.

I'm also happy for Kemp at fullback (when he returns). I like Norman too but with Winterstien and Yow Yeah coming back in, it would be silly to leave one of those 3 out. Kemp would be the natural selection for FB.

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Lostboy
  • Lurker
  • Galah
  • Donald Garner
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • Painin the Haas
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.