Broncos vs Sharks - Build up thread

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
I would love to see Kemp at FB but only if Norman is injured. One question is yet to be answered for me.......whats Kemp's passing and kicking game like? The broncos only really have the one move and the fullback position is the most vital in that move. The FB has to be able to through the long cut out pass or put the short kick in behind the line. I havent seen either one of those in Kemps game. I just think we need to leave Norman at FB for at least another couple of weeks. Let him settle in with the same backline for more than one game and we might be suprised. I think that besides that dropped ball against the Dragons, Normans game was starting to look a bit better. I dont know any kid who comes into first grade and automatically plays like Slater or Hayne. I think we are all still expecting him to save three tries and set up two like round one every game. I cant see the value in letting him play the first five rounds then dropping him. I think Kemp will be unlucky because Yow Yeh and Winerstien will be my first pick wingers. If Norman gets injured then sure Kemp should get a shot at FB.

For God Sake give Norman a chance to play well, he is only 18 years old!!!!!!

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Lol what a difference 5 weeks make. After round one everyone was like Karmichael who? We have Norman!!! Now he is the most bagged player on this forum. Some people are quick to bag the kid. He is only 18.

Kemp is a good player but dont forget he left the Broncos in 08 to go to the warriors for more money. He played 5 fist grade games in 09, where Winerstein and Yow Yeh played all the games in 09. Like i have mentioned I doubt whether Kemp has the ball playing ability required to play FB. Sure his running game is awsome and his kick returns would be good but when it comes to the broncos signature move would he be able to throw that long ball?? Norman has got that ability!!!

So many people are quick to forget.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Broncos fans are a very impatient bunch. It's annoying at times, but apparently a player has to be brilliant all the time from the word go to be considered a prospect.

Some time in the Q-Cup might be good for him, and over time I think he could turn into a fantastic player. People need to lay off him a bit though.

1. Norman
2. Winterstein
3. Glenn
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCollough
10. Sims
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Gillett

14. Anderson
15. Lui
16. Setu
17. McGuire

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not at all bagging Norman. I think he has done a great job for us since round one - his inexperience with a few mistakes is expected. I think he will be an amazing player for us.

I just think that with the proven experience of the wingers plus Kemp, it would be a better option to play those guys - with Norman being able to step up when injuries to the team occur. He's had the taste for first grade now - and knows he can handle it - but it also wont hurt him to not be there each week if we have the more experienced players available. Playing Q Cup on the occasion will help him IMO.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I wasn't having a go at you Dara, I actually agree with you lol

Norman is a bit raw at the moment and is understandably making errors, so I don't think it would hurt at all if we gave Kemp a go once he comes back.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What I saw from Hoffman on Friday really makes me think he would be better at fullback than Norman.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
At least the sharks look cod ordinary today, if they play this way and we play how we played on Friday night, we should be able to jag a win

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
What I saw from Hoffman on Friday really makes me think he would be better at fullback than Norman.

We never agree, but on this we can. Hoffman has the x factor that we are so sorely missing right now. Where is norman when gillet is getting these offloads away. Most fullbacks backup their forwards, we havent had that since Robbie ross

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
1.Norman
2.Winterstein
3.Glenn
4.Folau
5.Yow Yeh
6.Lockyer
7.Wallace
8.Kenny
9.McCullough
10.Sims
11.Te'o
12.Thaiday
13.Gillett

14.Hunt
15.Anderson
16.Lui
17.Setu/Dodds

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think Norman is a good footballer but I doubt he is a fullback. He looks to be playing out of position. Also to all those players saying give Norman a go. QLD cup is the place to find form and get ready for first grade not playing first grade but not cutting it.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
I think Norman is a good footballer but I doubt he is a fullback. He looks to be playing out of position. Also to all those players saying give Norman a go. QLD cup is the place to find form and get ready for first grade not playing first grade but not cutting it.
If he isn't in first grade then wouldn't he be playing 5/8 for the U20s?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
He'd be better off with the big boys in the QLD cup.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Fozz said:
Yea I agree but I'm just saying wouldn't he be playing U20s if we dropped him.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Seriously, our big men better step it the fark up this week or we'll get done.

The way Snowdon and Douglas played today, they'll roll over us. (Why can't we buy Snowdon? When he's off contract...a different topic I guess...)

Overall, i thought we contained the Dragoons forwards pretty well, and that momentum is building.

It's the misses out wide and general marker defence I'm more worried about.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
Bucking Beads said:

We never agree, but on this we can. Hoffman has the x factor that we are so sorely missing right now. Where is norman when gillet is getting these offloads away. Most fullbacks backup their forwards, we havent had that since Robbie ross

Lockyer @ fullback was an awesome support player.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Our forwards were a lot better on Friday night. If we had of had that go forward against the Roosters it would have been a different story imo.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Mister Wright said:
Our forwards were a lot better on Friday night. If we had of had that go forward against the Roosters it would have been a different story imo.

Against the Roosters we were in a position to score all night, we attacked their line a fair bit, but we couldn't execute. bad passes, dropped balls, wrong options etc.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
lyn said:
Fozz said:
Yea I agree but I'm just saying wouldn't he be playing U20s if we dropped him.

He'd be eligible for both so it would be the club's choice.

Active Now

• thenry
  • KickHaas
  • Mustafur
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.