15. Ben Te'o
16. Scott Anderson
17. Nick Kenny
18. Ben Hunt
19. Corey Norman
Coach: Ivan Henjak

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... y&id=24470

[eusa_eh

OK, Hoffman replacing Norman? Fair enough.
Norman on the bench? Fair enough in case Yow Yeh doesn't pass a fitness test.
Dodds and Lui starting front row? Kenny and Anderson on the bench?
Beale and Hunt on the extended bench? I hope only one of them is picked, and I hope it's Hunt.
Gillett centre Glenn lock? Got them mixed up Ivan?

Some odd selections.

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah - I definately think they'll (Gillett and Glenn) swap. I suppose there is little we can do until we get those few remaining players back. Gillett is a gun - and will be awesome wherever he is playing. But yeah, I too don't want to see him become a utility on a regular basis - but its good that we can use him in other positions sometimes.

I'm pretty happy with the team. As much as I like Norman, I am happy to give Hoffman a chance to prove what he's got. I'd say he'll step up this weekend too.

M

Millsy

U18 Player
Nov 16, 2009
Seriously does Dodds have a picture of Ivan with Male goat or somthing ??? Love the look of the backline, gillett in the centres! Yeah Baby it will rain tries for Winter down that side and defencesivly a good ploy to stop locky being targeted. Kenny to start for mine dodds to Q cup, hunt on the bench , Norman also back to Q cup not 20's let him get experience with the big boys.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I think we give Hoffman 5 games as well and then decide which to put more effort into at FB. Sure 5 games isn't much, but at this stage it doesn't matter because we have half our team missing :)

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Millsy said:
Seriously does Dodds have a picture of Ivan with Male goat or somthing ???

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

I think you're on to something there!

M

Millsy

U18 Player
Nov 16, 2009
Meat77 said:
Millsy said:
Seriously does Dodds have a picture of Ivan with Male goat or somthing ???

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

I think you're on to something there!
icon_thumbs_u
Apeparently a very good loking one too!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
tkday said:
I think we give Hoffman 5 games as well and then decide which to put more effort into at FB. Sure 5 games isn't much, but at this stage it doesn't matter because we have half our team missing :)

be unfair on Norman as 4/5 games for him we had no troops.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
draggx said:
tkday said:

Wasn't quite that dire, but in all games the Broncos have had attacking opportunities and he probably hasn't shown the urgency or polish needed at fullback. eg, the 2nd man play has broken down quite a bit when he's been involved, because he seems a bit timid, not running quite the right lines, not sure whether to pass or run, sometimes passes too early.

Nothing drastic, but probably some areas of his game he needs to go back to QLD cup and work on.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Good to see Israel dad passed the word onto Henjak that Hoffman should be given a chance :)

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Hoffman looked better on Friday imo. good selection

however Dodds & Setu starting are really bad picks.

Kenny at 10, Teo at 11 and thats a great side.

M

Millsy

U18 Player
Nov 16, 2009
Coxy said:
draggx said:
tkday said:

Wasn't quite that dire, but in all games the Broncos have had attacking opportunities and he probably hasn't shown the urgency or polish needed at fullback. eg, the 2nd man play has broken down quite a bit when he's been involved, because he seems a bit timid, not running quite the right lines, not sure whether to pass or run, sometimes passes too early.

Nothing drastic, but probably some areas of his game he needs to go back to QLD cup and work on.

Agree ! Stuff that can be fixed. and Q cup is the place to fix it

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
draggx said:
tkday said:

We had mostly full strength against the Raiders and for half the game against the Warriors. So 2.5/5 games Norman had players around him.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
actually id have Gillett at 11, Copley at 3

M

Millsy

U18 Player
Nov 16, 2009
Big_Dave said:
Good to see Israel dad passed the word onto Henjak that Hoffman should be given a chance :)
Do you think Israels dad might also have a word to henjak About send Dudds back to Q cup???

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Millsy said:
Big_Dave said:
Do you think Israels dad might also have a word to henjak About send Dudds back to Q cup???

Dodds did ok on Friday. Better than previous weeks [icon_shru

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
BTW, no concerned about the inexperience in the starting front row. Considering all our props get the same amount of game time, it won't make too much difference.

I agree with what Foordy said earlier in the thread, that Ivan's probably trying to protect against the momentum being hurt when you bring young guys on mid half. Sometimes you find they've got a bit nervous and stir crazy sitting on the bench for 25 minutes and so start a bit slow and tentative.

However, Kenny and Anderson are a bit more experienced so shouldn't have that problem.

Plus, running out to start gives the young guys a bit of a boost of enthusiasm so they will start the game with more intensity.

It's a risk, but I think it's a calculated risk.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Lui showed more run than any other forward all season and thats was on his debut as well

Unread

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Culhwch
  • Mick_Hancock
  • GCBRONCO
  • IceWorks
  • Aldo
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.