Broncos vs Sharks - Build up thread

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
I have been reading on some forums people having a go at Henjak for making so many changes... WTF do they expect when you have 5 of your better players coming back injury and suspension.

I wouldn't have put Te'o back in the side the Forwards did well last week and IMO Te'o isn't an essential part of the side we have a thousand backrowers.. All good making changes but a few of them are questionable IMO.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Foordy said:
I have been reading on some forums people having a go at Henjak for making so many changes... WTF do they expect when you have 5 of your better players coming back injury and suspension.

I wouldn't have put Te'o back in the side the Forwards did well last week and IMO Te'o isn't an essential part of the side we have a thousand backrowers.. All good making changes but a few of them are questionable IMO.

Te'o was playing well before he was dropped due for disciplinary reasons.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
Bucking Beads said:
Foordy said:

Te'o was playing well before he was dropped due for disciplinary reasons.

He wasn't playing to his potential but he was playing pretty well.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He was good against the Raiders.

Otherwise he was mixed.

I will admit though, I do hold some hostility towards Te'o. He's cool and all, but he's no Stagg, Hannant, Eastwood or Boyd.

*sigh* I miss my old Broncos.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Starting to sound like its 2012 around this forum

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
No in 2012 we'll be praising the Broncos efforts in winning their 7th premiership. ^^

>.>

T

TWU_1

BRL Player
Oct 14, 2009
Bucking Beads said:
I can't see why we are persisting with Setu in the team TBH. Play Glenn in the centres and leave it at that. No wonder our attack is woeAlso the 2 backs on the bench idea is rubbish I am over it.ful we keep changing centres mid match. Also starting the 2 front rowers is a bit silly IMO maybe start Dodds and Kenny and bring Lui and Anderson on together or even leave Dodds out there he is a tackling machine. Sometimes I really wonder what goes on in Ivans little bald head.

Obviosuly Sims is out of favour with Henjak I expect to see him sign with another club and no doubt seeing his brothers leave with him.

Yow Yeh is still in a bit of doubt so that may be a reason behind it.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
lol at this point in 2012 we could not have had 9 :P

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Precisely.

Although, I'm treating 2010 as our 1999, we'll bounce back in 2011 with our REAL squad of players.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
2010 is vastly different to 1999. This year we are blooding a heap of young players, lots of injuries and I reckon we are doing well and getting better. Didn't we have Renouf, Lockyer, Langer, Carroll, Thorn, Tuquiri, Hancock and Tallis in 1999?

I mean, aside from the for-against, aren't we on the same points as the full strength Eels, Bulldogs and Kniggots, with still more key players to come back?

As for the team selected this week, I think it's a good one, but then, things will likely change.

I agree with another poster that Henjak is hoping Gillett will give Winterstein lots of ball, and will probably swap with Glenn as needed.

I still reckon Sims should be there. He's played well since returning.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
We blooded a heap too in 1999.

Maybe, but look at those “stars” in the '99 squad we don't have today.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You do make a valid point, and the game has changed so much since then with limited interchanges and what not.

I was being very loose with my comparison though.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
And we should give the sharks a nice touch up this weekend

Broncos 36 Sharks 12

FTS Hoffman
MOTM Gillett
LTS LUI

(lets get on topic,We are all guilty of it but still every topic has turned into a doom and gloom one)

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
You do make a valid point, and the game has changed so much since then with limited interchanges and what not.

I was being very loose with my comparison though.

Fair enough.

Broncos 19
Sharks 18

MoTM : Glenn
FTS : Winterstein

Active Now

• rnabokov
  • Gaz
  • KickHaas
  • Broncorob
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.