Broncos vs Sharks - Build up thread

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
As far as I know Hunt didn't train with us and Norman trained with the U20s, so i guess Beale is on the bench?

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah looks like it will be Beale, Hunt played for the Central Comets tonight so he won't be there tomorrow.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Seriously, I wonder how Ivans mind works sometimes. Picking 2 backs on the bench and leaving Sims out after Kenny gets injured, I mean, who on earth would do that? If I was Ivan, i'd be rushing frantically to get Sims to the match in time.

If this rumor is indeed true, and we have 2 backs on the bench, we are going to get slaughtered.
Sorry Ivan, i've respected your decisions in the past, but this time it has gone too far!

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Hatchy said:
Seriously, I wonder how Ivans mind works sometimes. Picking 2 backs on the bench and leaving Sims out after Kenny gets injured, I mean, who on earth would do that? If I was Ivan, i'd be rushing frantically to get Sims to the match in time.

If this rumor is indeed true, and we have 2 backs on the bench, we are going to get slaughtered.
Sorry Ivan, i've respected your decisions in the past, but this time it has gone too far!
What are you talking about? Beale is the only back that will be on the bench if one at all. Didn't you read the above posts at all?

Sims has done absolutely nothing to deserve being picked in the team. I have no idea why people are raging over his exclusion.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
db1459 said:
Beale on the bench. FFS. Henjak always picks shitty benches.

That just tells me gillett wont play in the backs the full game.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
lyn said:
Hatchy said:

What are you talking about? Beale is the only back that will be on the bench if one at all. Didn't you read the above posts at all?

Sims has done absolutely nothing to deserve being picked in the team. I have no idea why people are raging over his exclusion.
Firstly, disregard my statement about the backs on the bench, your right, im wrong, i didn't read properly.

Secondly, I'm not sure about the others, but im raging because we need experience for matches like this. Sims brings experience. Apart from Thaiday and parker, I wouldn't really call the forward pack experienced as kenny's now gone. I would hardly classify someone like Setu or Anderson experienced imo. Look at the sharks pack Goddamnit! Topou, Gallen, Millington, Douglas, they're all experienced, ours isn't. I know our forward pack might look good on paper, but as i said, apart from Thaiday and Parker, we aren't experienced enough to take on the likes of those guys imo. Bringing in Sims would do the world a good.

Dodds too me, hasn't been that impressive really. Sims would bring experience and a cool head under pressure, we need that tomorrow.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Cool head under pressure? I dunno if sims has that sorry.

The young guys need some experience against a "good" pack when they also have the backs to get the points. Tomorrow is perfect.

Dodds now is your time to shine.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Hatchy said:
lyn said:
Hatchy said:

Firstly, disregard my statement about the backs on the bench, your right, im wrong, i didn't read properly.

Secondly, I'm not sure about the others, but im raging because we need experience for matches like this. Sims brings experience. Apart from Thaiday and parker, I wouldn't really call the forward pack experienced as kenny's now gone. I would hardly classify someone like Setu or Anderson experienced imo. Look at the sharks pack Goddamnit! Topou, Gallen, Millington, Douglas, they're all experienced, ours isn't. I know our forward pack might look good on paper, but as i said, apart from Thaiday and Parker, we aren't experienced enough to take on the likes of those guys imo. Bringing in Sims would do the world a good.

Dodds too me, hasn't been that impressive really. Sims would bring experience and a cool head under pressure, we need that tomorrow.

what you mean experience like playing in 2 grand finals as Anderson has. If Sims wants to be playing in the top grade he needs to perform in the lower grades or there is no reason for Henjak to pick him.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
I dont know why some people are bagging Sims all the time, he was by far in the top 2-3 fowards we had last year and his defence was outstanding. You say he hasnt shown anything to warrant playing in first grade, FYI he hasnt been given a F###ing chance. I think he has played two games and in both was only given 20mins max. Seriously Sims would be in the top 17 at every club including the storm, dragons ect.

Now nobody can tell me that Ivan must have some issue with Sims!! If i was Sims id want to be leaving the Broncos asap and trying to go to a club that allows him to play, i would wish him well to because he is the most underused player in the NRL. Seriously im not a Ivan hater but he is starting to piss me off with these stupid selections. If Sims gets picked up by a decent club he would go close to being a rep player!!!!! Ivan pull your head out of your arse and for god sake pick Sims!!!!!!!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Donny said:
I dont know why some people are bagging Sims all the time, he was by far in the top 2-3 fowards we had last year and his defence was outstanding. You say he hasnt shown anything to warrant playing in first grade, FYI he hasnt been given a F###ing chance. I think he has played two games and in both was only given 20mins max. Seriously Sims would be in the top 17 at every club including the storm, dragons ect.

Now nobody can tell me that Ivan must have some issue with Sims!! If i was Sims id want to be leaving the Broncos asap and trying to go to a club that allows him to play, i would wish him well to because he is the most underused player in the NRL. Seriously im not a Ivan hater but he is starting to piss me off with these stupid selections. If Sims gets picked up by a decent club he would go close to being a rep player!!!!! Ivan pull your head out of your arse and for god sake pick Sims!!!!!!!

Now read over the thread and look to where it was mentioned he has been playing like a Smiths Chip in Qcup. Would you as the coach of a club pick someone who is struggling in the lower comps?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Dynamic Lui is going to have a stormer tomorrow.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Should i point out now that i have only ever seen the Broncos get defeated once while i was at the game....

That was an away game in 2006.....

My mate comming with me tomorrow has never seen them get defeated.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Donny said:

I'm not bagging Sims. I'm simply saying he is not playing well enough to deserve to play as much as you & some others think so.

Do you even bother to watch or at least follow Qld Cup games? If you did then you would realise that Sims has been absolute rubbish in the Qld Cup this year. And as far as I'm concerned, if you can't play well in QLD Cup then you shouldn't play first grade.

The reason that Sims has had low minutes in the first grade games he has played this year (I can guarantee that 1 game he played more than 20mins max, stop making shit up) is because he doesn't deserve to get longer minutes when our other forwards are doing a good job!

Pull your head out of your arse and get a clue before you go raving on about some crap that you honestly have no idea about.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
lyn said:
Donny said:

I'm not bagging Sims. I'm simply saying he is not playing well enough to deserve to play as much as you & some others think so.

Do you even bother to watch or at least follow Qld Cup games? If you did then you would realise that Sims has been absolute rubbish in the Qld Cup this year. And as far as I'm concerned, if you can't play well in QLD Cup then you shouldn't play first grade.

The reason that Sims has had low minutes in the first grade games he has played this year (I can guarantee that 1 game he played more than 20mins max, stop making shit up) is because he doesn't deserve to get longer minutes when our other forwards are doing a good job!

Pull your head out of your arse and get a clue before you go raving on about some crap that you honestly have no idea about.

You cant say that Sims wanst one of the best fowards towards then end of last year. What has Anderson, Kenny, Setu done this year that Sims would not of done?????????? Anyone who watched the Broncos play the Dragons would agree that when Sims was on the field the Broncos had better go foward and our defence was a lot more solid. I admit he got more then 20mins but i dont think it would of been much more the 30.

Mate, everyone is entilted to their own thoughts, as for abusing other people who support the Broncos I think you should pull your head out of your arse and keep your unwanted comments about other people to yourself.

Sometimes people forget that we all support the same team!!!!!!!!!!

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
All i can say is that when he's put on the Broncos strip, Sims has played the house down.

I'll admit i don't watch much (any) of the QLD cup games, but i think what he does when he plays for us is of more importance than what he does for our affiliate clubs.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Galco
  • KickHaas
  • Bronx48
  • JayTeeM
  • the_next
  • leon.bott
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bert_lifts
  • Manofoneway
  • Skyblues87
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Donald Garner
  • Pablo
  • Midean
  • Volvo Driver
  • lynx000
  • Stix
  • BroncosMan
  • Maroon4life
... and 66 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.