Broncos Vs. Sharks - Build Up Thread

Haha, how can you need to edit a post with a single smiley in it?

Do people think Lockyer and Thaiday will be backing up?

ningnangnong said:
Haha, how can you need to edit a post with a single smiley in it?

Do people think Lockyer and Thaiday will be backing up?
LOL, I put :) but that didn't turn into a smiley face so I edited with the actual smiley face that comes up.

I reckon Thaiday will but not Lockyer.

Barring injury, Lockyer will back up for sure IMO. Thaiday might be bumped back to the bench, but I can't imagine him wanting to miss any games he doesn't have to.

Gingerballs said:
Barring injury, Lockyer will back up for sure IMO. Thaiday might be bumped back to the bench, but I can't imagine him wanting to miss any games he doesn't have to.

+1

Lets hope we can win and improve our for and against in the process. Lockyer should back up and Thaiday will unless he is really hurting,

Personally, I'd rest both Locky and Thaiday but have Folau back up against the Sharks. so the team should be:

01. Hoffman
02 Winterstein
03. Glenn
04. Folau
05. Yow Yeh/Kemp
06. Norman
07. Wallace
08. Tronc
09. McCullough
10. Kenny
11. Te'o
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Setu
16. Anderson
17. Dodds

IMO, thats a pretty strong team even without Locky and Thaiday

Your a very wise man foordy!!! Perfect team without Locky and Sammy. I hope they play though we can't afford to lose any games against teams like the sharks

the way i see it Locky and Thaiday must play, We need to put as many points on the sharks as possible for the reason you said Beads our PD. Also comming into this round the best we can be is 9th. A win will get us in the 8.

I notice the Titans PD is a flat 0. Scored 217 let in 217.

We need all hands on deck IMO - need to keep the momentum going.

It'll be a tough ugly match against the Sharks considering it's on their turf and at night.

I tend to agree with Ethos though I think we could afford to rest Lockyer, but theres absolutely no reason why Thaiday and Folau can't and shouldn't back up outside of injury concerns.

Locky is at his best when he backs up after a rep game.

Thaiday and Locky will probably be very sore, because the cockroaches are gonna bring a big physical game. Having said that, the Kiwis did the same and they both backed up magnificently after just 2 days.
They will have 3 this time, so I would definitely put them in.
Like most say, we need to improve our F & A, and the Sharks at their ground are not going to be a walk in the park!

audragon said:
Thaiday and Locky will probably be very sore, because the cockroaches are gonna bring a big physical game. Having said that, the Kiwis did the same and they both backed up magnificently after just 2 days.
They will have 3 this time, so I would definitely put them in.
Like most say, we need to improve our F & A, and the Sharks at their ground are not going to be a walk in the park!

or a Swim in the ocean.

Foordy said:
Personally, I'd rest both Locky and Thaiday but have Folau back up against the Sharks. so the team should be:

01. Hoffman
02 Winterstein
03. Glenn
04. Folau
05. Yow Yeh/Kemp
06. Norman
07. Wallace
08. Tronc
09. McCullough
10. Kenny
11. Te'o
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Setu
16. Anderson
17. Dodds

IMO, thats a pretty strong team even without Locky and Thaiday

Anderson is still a couple of weeks off apparently so he won't be playing in that team. I would be surprised if Kenny got a start straight away, Setu will probably start in the front row again.

Very important that we win against the Sharks, and break a bit of a hoodoo we have down there at the moment. All three Broncos' representatives must play.

1. Hoffman
2. Winterstein
3. Glenn
4. Falou
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Tronc
9. McCullough
10. Kenny
11. Te'o
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. Hunt
15. Setu
16. Gillett
17. Sims

Hunt to cover for Lockyer if we are well ahead with plenty of minutes left, also for McCullough coming back from injury. Plenty of cover for Thaiday to rest early if we are well ahead also with Setu, Gillett to cover 2nd row with Sims and Setu fit to cover the front row rotation.

Honestly this (as well as every game for the rest of the season...I know) must be viewed as a crunch game. I know the thought of Locky having to play extra games this time of year especially at slippery Shark park is unbearable but this game could come back to bite us in the ass come finals time. We all see this as a very good chance of 2 points but lets get those puppies in the bag. It was Locky's decision to play on with rep footy and I'm positive he'd want to pull on the boots for this one especially.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Pablo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.