Broncos Vs. Sharks - Build Up Thread

Coxy said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Abe The Cop":1ag23hgw]Yep, agreed. Lockyer and Thaiday need to rested for the sharks game. We've got the players to win without them.

They should only be rested if they are stuggling though. No good resting them if they are up to playing.

Might feel fine this Saturday, but then feel like crap all week leading into the Manly game, which IMO is more important for us to be competitive in.[/quote:1ag23hgw]

Fair call but isn't the Manly game on Sunday arvo?? Can't really afford to lose either games IMO but we should be able to beat the Sharks without Locky and Sammy T. I guess that is the point you are trying to make?

Yeah that's my point. Can afford to rest Locky and Sam against the Sharks and still get a win relatively comfortably (provided the 17 who do play put in a big one), whereas if we have either Locky or Sam out of the Manly game I think we're screwed.

Particularly Sam. Manly's pack is no-nonsense but they're tough to get on top of. Need Sam's form there. And if he's struggling after Origin and Sharks within 4 days of eachother he won't be effective. Give him a good 10 day rest.

You boys make a good point. We absolutely should beat the Sharks without Locky and Sam.

Underestimating the Sharkies a bit too much? If Locky and Thaiday feel good they should play. How is the Manly game more important than this game? Both have 2 points up for grabs and we will need full strength sides for both games. If Locky and Thaiday get rested this week and we lose to the Sharks, there is still a chance Manly will beat us anyway so we should include Locky to improve our chances against Sharks..

I think with all the drama going on with Dicky atm I reckon Sharks with be putting in big time. How many times before when a choach has resigned that team come out the next week and put in a big game. If the SOO boys are fit they should play.

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Antonio Winterstein
3 Alex Glenn
4 Israel Folau
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Darren Lockyer ©
7 Peter Wallace
8 Shane Tronc
9 Ben Hunt
10 Lagi Setu
11 Ben Te'o
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
Interchange:
14 Andrew McCullough
15 Matt Gillett
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 Nick Kenny
18 Ashton Sims
19 Corey Norman
20 Gerard Beale
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... y&id=26023

draggx said:
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Antonio Winterstein
3 Alex Glenn
4 Israel Folau
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Darren Lockyer ©
7 Peter Wallace
8 Shane Tronc
9 Ben Hunt
10 Lagi Setu
11 Ben Te'o
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
Interchange:
14 Andrew McCullough
15 Matt Gillett
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 Nick Kenny
18 Ashton Sims
19 Corey Norman
20 Gerard Beale
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... y&id=26023

I wonder why McCullough has been named on the bench. is it because he has fallen behind Hunt as our no.1 hooking option? is it because he is coming back from injury? is it a tactical option? eusa_think

i think the team is really strong this week , and it looks like we are only missing Hodges and Kemp (unless he has been named in QLD cup)

I would say Hunt has shown enough to be given the majority of minutes in this game and allow McCullough to ease his way back into the team from the bench

Best bench we've had in a while.

What is up with Sims, when he plays good he gets dropped all together when he plays crap he gets named 18th man.. lol.

I'm confident we can win this game if our rep players back up or even if they don't.

We need to find a way to get Gillett more game time, the guy is a freak but we have 3 outstanding back-rowers in the starting line up already.

broncospwn said:

What is up with Sims, when he plays good he gets dropped all together when he plays crap he gets named 18th man.. lol.

I'm confident we can win this game if our rep players back up or even if they don't.

We need to find a way to get Gillett more game time, the guy is a freak but we have 3 outstanding back-rowers in the starting line up already.

I think the Broncos want to get Sims noticed by some other club! :P

Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

Give him to the Rebels I say! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

LOL, that's an interesting theory.

that team is money. we will win this by 30

Unless Origin is a real walkover and not the least bit physical, I would do this:

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Antonio Winterstein
3 Alex Glenn
4 Israel Folau
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
9. Ben Hunt
7 Peter Wallace
8 Shane Tronc
14. Andrew McCullough
10 Lagi Setu
11 Ben Te'o
15 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker
Interchange:
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 Nick Kenny
18 Ashton Sims
19 Corey Norman

I would actually be starting Gillett at centre with Glenn off the bench. Gillett was unstoppable close to the line, in the centres the last time we play Cronulla

Good team can't complain with it at all. Obviously depends on how Locky, Sammy and Izzy pull up through origin. Need the 2 points big time so lets hope Ivan has the boys switched on,.

Coxy said:
Unless Origin is a real walkover and not the least bit physical, I would do this:

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Antonio Winterstein
3 Alex Glenn
4 Israel Folau
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
9. Ben Hunt
7 Peter Wallace
8 Shane Tronc
14. Andrew McCullough
10 Lagi Setu
11 Ben Te'o
15 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker
Interchange:
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 Nick Kenny
18 Ashton Sims
19 Corey Norman
Good team but swap Norman and Hunt.

I still think if Lockyer and Thaiday are fit they should definitely play, every 2 points is crucial with how we have started the year.

The Rock said:
But pwn, this is what I mean. We shouldn't need them and we should get used to having to put in the extra effort, prepare us for the better teams. If Lockyer and Sammy don't play and we lose then clearly we have more work to do. This should be a test for us without Lockyer and Sammy.

So explain why we would go into a game without our two best players when we're on the fringe of the eight against a side that we should beat but as Parra showed last week, if you take lightly can cause a surprise? That makes absolutely no sense to me

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Bucking Beads
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • MasterWright
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • Locky24
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Shane Tronc
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • leon.bott
  • Alec
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.