Broncos Vs. Sharks - Build Up Thread

Agreed - 2 points are on the line, and at this stage of our season, it's way too risky to go into a game like this without them. If we were playing at home, I might think differently, but 5:30 of an evening in Cronulla......that's a fairly hostile environment and we need all hands on deck as much as possible for the rest of the season, no matter who we're playing.

Emma said:
Agreed - 2 points are on the line, and at this stage of our season, it's way too risky to go into a game like this without them. If we were playing at home, I might think differently, but 5:30 of an evening in Cronulla......that's a fairly hostile environment and we need all hands on deck as much as possible for the rest of the season, no matter who we're playing.

I agree with that, but my thoughts are if Sam and Locky (and Izzy for that matter) are feeling worse for wear after Origin, then it'd do far more damage to our season if they forced themselves to play against the Sharks and did a serious injury, than if we lost the 2 points but they could play out the season.

It's a fair gamble either way but in the end it'll have to be a decision made for the good of the team by the coach and the players concerned.

Yes but 2 points now is worth the same as 2 points in round 23...why harm our chances of winning just for a "test"? Surely we've had enough "tests" because of injury already this year

Coxy said:
Emma said:
I agree with that, but my thoughts are if Sam and Locky (and Izzy for that matter) are feeling worse for wear after Origin, then it'd do far more damage to our season if they forced themselves to play against the Sharks and did a serious injury, than if we lost the 2 points but they could play out the season.

It's a fair gamble either way but in the end it'll have to be a decision made for the good of the team by the coach and the players concerned.
Oh definitely, if they're struggling to back up, then that's fine, but to simply 'rest' them because they played a few nights before just for the test and because we shouldn't need them? No way.

They rep players will only back up if they want to and are fit to play. We are not saying they should play no matter what but we should not rest them because we should beat the Sharks without them,

They put 40 on us last year. Probably shouldn't underestimate them.

Seriously, I can't believe you're that confident. It'll most likely be wet, it'll be freezing cold, and the sharks will be on a high after beating Parra away from home while we'll be coming back from a bye which could mean a slow start to the match for us.

I don't know about that, a team is likely to band together in a situation like that, especially if he and the players are as close as seems to be the case.

It's matches like these that the Bronco's are often caught out in, especially when it involves so called "lesser" sides, I'd be the last to underestimate the Sharks especially after Stuart's announcement, wouldn't be surprised to see them lift.

Yep, that's been our problem for a little while, not beating the teams we 'should'. Canberra, NZ, Newcastle.....

I certainly hope the attitude of Henjak and team isn't the same as Rocky's.

ningnangnong said:
I certainly hope the attitude of Henjak and team isn't the same as Rocky's.

No way in the world Henjak would have the same attitude douchbag has!

The Rock said:
Yes we should. We had a team of nobodies in that game last year.

We'll put 30 on them without Lockyer and Sammy.
You're massively overrating us.

The Rock said:
Yeah but what happens if we play them in the Sharks game and then play them in the Manly game but due to fatigue they aren't 100% in the Manly game and we lose?

IMO, resting Lockyer and Sammy is killing 2 birds with 1 stone - We'd still be able to beat the Sharks AND they would be fresh for the Manly game.
Can not agree at all.
They backed up after the test and both played brilliantly, unless they're injured they should definitely play.
We are not ST George comfortably sitting at the top, we are fringe top 8 team and our point differential sucks, winning and winning well will be a big difference to ladder position near the end of the season.

Unless they have an injury which could be aggravated or are not feeling up to it they should back up, they are also the highest paid players in the team, we shouldn't have a mil of talent on the sideline if they don't need to be.

Like the team, it actually makes some sense. Sims is there to cover Thaiday, Norman for Locky and Beale for Folau.

The Sharks will be tough though, teams have a track record of ALWAYS playing well the weekend after their coach either quits or is sacked mid-season.

ethos said:
The Sharks will be tough though, teams have a track record of ALWAYS playing well the weekend after their coach either quits or is sacked mid-season.

Not according to Rocky!

Seriously Shaun have you changed your medication lately or something? Lately you have been making even less sense than ever - and that is saying something! [icon_lol1.

Unread

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • MrMoore
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • jarro65
  • bb_gun
  • TimWhatley
  • Alec
  • BroncoFan94
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • Manofoneway
  • Big Del
  • The Strapper
  • IceWorks
  • Kev_Guz
  • Browny
  • Mustafur
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.