Broncos Vs. Sharks - Match Thread

We get 2 points from this game, that's about all that can be said for it.

Not too happy with our play tonight and thank goodness we were playing such a pathetic team, but still full credit to the boys for grinding out the win. A win is a win after all.

Man of the match: Tim Smith (for us LOL)! [icon_razz1

ningnangnong said:
Crazy Sam said:
LMFAO

yeah, let's keep smith huh...

Unfair.

Hunt had a shocking performance against the Sharks last year as well. Did you write him off then?

You can't judge people on one game.

wtf, Smith has been in and around the NRL for longer than 5 games (more like 5-6 years) and those botched kicks tonight were typical of his brain fades when he was with the Eels.

Astroboy said:

Not too happy with our play tonight and thank goodness we were playing such a pathetic team, but still full credit to the boys for grinding out the win. A win is a win after all.

It's games like these where we are off our game we need to win the most especially during the state of origin period, pre Melbourne game we would have lost this game easily IMO. Wasn't pretty but the most important thing is we got the competition points we need!

I missed most of the first half but judging from what I saw and the guys on the radio, Hoffman had a great game tonight. He looks more comfortable with every game.

Other than that, the scoreline was flattering but it was a decent, solid win in shitty conditions with a few backing up. Can't complain too much IMO.

Terrible conditions out there, but glad we hung on. It was frustrating to watch the first half cos it took ages for one side to score a try, but you can't blame them.

Standouts for me were Thaiday, Lockyer and Hoffman.

I want to make chocolate babies with Hoffman. Just throwing it out there...

I was very impressed with Glenn in defence too. He reminds me of Berro so much.

The difference was probably smith having a shocker. Hopefully this one was just the cobwebs being blown away after the bye. I actually think the Sharkies are becoming a pretty good team these days.

What a great win, shitty conditions players backing up and to only concede one try and score 20 points is a great result, I'm thrilled with that win.

We could potentially be 7th position end of this round, we have the best P/D atm from 7th position down which is great.

As we are Vsing a top4 side next week in Manly we could even potentially be top 4 next week.
If we win next week then IMO we are the real thing and can seriously challenge this competition.

Alec said:
I was very impressed with Glenn in defence too. He reminds me of Berro so much.

+1

He also made some pretty good dummy half runs tonight.

GCBRONCO said:
Astroboy said:

It's games like these where we are off our game we need to win the most especially during the state of origin period, pre Melbourne game we would have lost this game easily IMO. Wasn't pretty but the most important thing is we got the competition points we need!

Yeah I agree there, by far the most important thing was the win. Not sure about the Origin factor any more, we didn't have many players backing up. Pity we got them in such poor conditions, other sides will get a big time chance to boost their f/a against these nuffies. I thought we gave them far too many chances to score (missed tackles, dropped balls, dumb penalties etc) and they were just so ordinary they only took one of them, but we did enough to win and that's what counts. Gonna have to lift 4 or 5 gears next week but.

broncospwn said:
As we are Vsing a top4 side next week in Manly we could even potentially be top 4 next week.
If we win next week then IMO we are the real thing and can seriously challenge this competition.

haha calm down friendo, would take a few massive score differentials for us to be in fourth next week...

Geez, Sharks really hawk their sponsors a lot. I thought the dogs had a lot of ads at the double header but Sharks beat them, I reckon. I guess with such crap crowds (7,000 odd) the sponsors want value for their money.

Steel....must buy steel.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.