11. Jeremy Smith
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Matt Geyer
15. Antonio Kaufusi
16. Sika Manu
17. Clifford Manua

1st chan 9 game will be broadcast as if its live i.e not many ads

What the hell is this I hear about Shane Perry starting at hooker?

So officially I'm posting that this game was average.

Broncs, sorry but we didn't match up to the Storm's intensity in the first 20. Those Norths ******* had the best of us and it was dissappointing. We got them a couple of times on the outside with Darius and Kemp but not good enough. Plus that animal **** Crocker was made to look good.

Its round 4 and my ethos is come to me at Round 6 and tell me how a team is going. Broncs last year were, what, 1-6 heading into Origin then had a massive turnaround stunted only by Lockyer's injury.

Where to from here gents?

subsbligh said:
So officially I'm posting that this game was average.

You serious?

I thought it was an excellent game. Teams both matched evenly for about 70 minutes of the match. Both playing some cracking footy.

Regarding Locky's knee:

After starting last night's blockbuster against Melbourne from the bench, the Australia captain came off with 15 minutes to go and will be assessed over the next few days.

"The knee is pulling up sore but it's not unstable and the surgery is certainly intact," team doctor Matt Hislop said. "We believe it's just general soreness. It's been slowly improving and we're just keeping an eye on it."

Hodges will be back from his hamstring injury against Newcastle next week. So, too, should Corey Parker (knee).

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 23,00.html

just off topic a bit but seeing as there was a few tries in the corners from kicks, why hasnt a winger like Jason Moon been selected? does any1 know how his form has been in QLD Cup. WB use to love the tall wingers.

spoonbled said:
just off topic a bit but seeing as there was a few tries in the corners from kicks, why hasnt a winger like Jason Moon been selected? does any1 know how his form has been in QLD Cup. WB use to love the tall wingers.

Because jason moon is a centre.

I don't think anyone can match Folau in the air.

But in saying that we need to give protection to our wingers or at least stand in the way of the attackers.

ALH said:

But in saying that we need to give protection to our wingers or at least stand in the way of the attackers.

Yeah our wingers have been getting exposed to 1 on 1 air contests far too often, need the other outside men to help shield the winger sometimes to give them that bit of breathing room.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
ALH said:

Yeah our wingers have been getting exposed to 1 on 1 air contests far too often, need the other outside men to help shield the winger sometimes to give them that bit of breathing room.

I think a bit more pressure on the kicker woudl also help. Cronk seemed to have forever to kick the ball.

Beads6 said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
ALH said:

I think a bit more pressure on the kicker woudl also help. Cronk seemed to have forever to kick the ball.

Agreed - but the most frustrating thing was that you know Melb always go to the air on the 5th and there was never any pressure.

We really miss Parker, he is always charging at the kickers.

Parker is a bit like Price in that respect and it seems most clubs only have one designated charge down player, so with Parker out no one else has really put there hand up.

Beads6 said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
ALH said:

Pressure - sure, but I liked the way the Storm gameplan gave Cronk the space to dictate play. I felt Wallace was given less space than he needed.

Apart from which the Storm kicks (and plan) was designed to target our inexperienced backline defence.

I would have played Stagg in the centres.

king_johns said:
spoonbled said:

well i have seen him listed as a winger.

spoonbled said:
king_johns said:
spoonbled said:

well i have seen him listed as a winger.

Only becuase he cant crack a centre spot at Wynumm

Active Now

• Spike
  • BooKhaki
  • Hurrijo
  • theshed
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.