11 David Stagg
12 Ashton Sims
13 Tonie Carroll
Interchange
14 Michael Ennis
15 Joel Clinton
16 Greg Eastwood
17 Nick Kenny

Only real change: Clinton in, Taylor out.
Hunt and Lockyer back in, Moon and Kemp out.

Under 20s:

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Mitch Rivett
3 Alex Glenn
4 Gerard Beale
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Andrew McCullough
7 Ben Hunt
8 Dunamis Lui
9 Tom Butterfield
10 Mitchell Dodds
11 Matt Handcock
12 Guy Ford
13 Michael Spence
Interchange
14 Jared Kahu
15 Jacob Samoa
16 Josh Coyle
17 Josh McGuire

In: Mitch Rivett, Gerard Beale, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire

Out: Daniel Tanswell, Max Dudley, Travis White, Tyson Andrews

Even I will admit that Taylor hasn't been in 2007 form yet so fair enough that Clinton comes in for him and Kenny stays. Hopefully it will give him the second kick up the arse he needs to fire up again!

An under performing Taylor is still more noteworthy and more of an impact on the game than a performing but entirely superfluous Nick Kenny.

IMO

It could be another tough game like the Roosters game where one mistake could cost you. that and the war of words going on at the moment. I reckon that Bennett thinks that Taylor is too inexperienced to handle that just yet.

Waldron's Whingers:

1. Billy Slater
2. Steve Turner
3. Will Chambers
4. Israel Folau
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Greg Inglis
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jeff Lima
9. Cam Smith
10. Adam Blair
11. Jeremy Smith
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Matt Geyer
15. Antonio Kaufusi
16. Sika Manu
17. Clifford Manua

Coxy said:
An under performing Taylor is still more noteworthy and more of an impact on the game than a performing but entirely superfluous Nick Kenny.

IMO

Agree. I'm very sad [icon_frown

Gee Melbourne have some s h i t on their bench [icon_wink [icon_wink

Love the fact that Inglis is at #6 as IMHO I don't think he is a five eighth and doesn't help their attack any......now he will probably prove me wrong [eusa_eh

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Waldron's Whingers:

1. Billy Slater
2. Steve Turner
3. Will Chambers
4. Israel Folau
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Greg Inglis
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jeff Lima
9. Cam Smith
10. Adam Blair
11. Jeremy Smith
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Matt Geyer
15. Antonio Kaufusi
16. Sika Manu
17. Clifford Manua

Wow, that's a lot weaker than I expected. That forward pack is nothing, even with Smith's brilliant organising.
Also since when does Manua play for Melbourne now?

bfoord said:
It could be another tough game like the Roosters game where one mistake could cost you. that and the war of words going on at the moment. I reckon that Bennett thinks that Taylor is too inexperienced to handle that just yet.

Agreed. Besides if Bennett wasn't willing to bring back Taylor in the Roosters game then picking him for this game would be stupid (you'd have to expect it to be similar). That's not to say Bennett shouldn't be trusting him, but clearly if he's not going to it's better that he [Taylor] isn't there sitting on the bench and forcing us to play with just 16men.

renouf said:
just hope Clinton doesn't drop the ball to many times

I was just about to say the same thing!!

The storm don't ook that strong but they make up for it in tactical play. We really should roll them if we play like we have been recently.

I'd rather see Taylor on the bench tbh... i don't know what he has to do to get a regular spot in the 17. He played alright last week, sure he dropped the ball once, but he wasn't the only one. It's not like Kenny played any better...

Coxy said:
renouf said:

Regardless of a few drop balls in the limited gametime he had he still made a respectable workrate in the time he was there, personally I don't see the big fuss in Kenny being there over Taylor, he may not be as flamboyant as Taylor but his also less likely to make mistakes and is IMO stepping up from the average position he was last season. In a high pressure game like this I would rather give Taylor (he will get plenty of time in the games ahead of us now) a break with Clinton's return and allow Kenny to play.

GCBRONCO said:
Coxy said:
renouf said:

Regardless of a few drop balls in the limited gametime he had he still made a respectable workrate in the time he was there, personally I don't see the big fuss in Kenny being there over Taylor, he may not be as flamboyant as Taylor but his also less likely to make mistakes and is IMO stepping up from the average position he was last season. In a high pressure game like this I would rather give Taylor (he will get plenty of time in the games ahead of us now) a break with Clinton's return and allow Kenny to play.

Agreed especially with some of the mistakes dave taylor made last week:

-dropped ball getting up to play the ball;
-defensive lapses (I remember he rushed out of line and got brushed by JT I think)

He needs to mentally focus to handle the step up to the top grade.

Yeah, I do recall both those incidents. But I also recall last year his sensational one handed pick ups, his line busting runs that setup tries etc...all things we certainly won't expect from Kenny.

But hopefully Sam Thaiday, Greg Eastwood and Ashton Sims can provide that explosiveness in the pack.

Coxy said:
Yeah, I do recall both those incidents. But I also recall last year his sensational one handed pick ups, his line busting runs that setup tries etc...all things we certainly won't expect from Kenny.

But hopefully Sam Thaiday, Greg Eastwood and Ashton Sims can provide that explosiveness in the pack.

Clearly Taylor shoudl be there.. He is a better player now than Kenny will ever be. Bennet has not faith in Taylor and it is killing him. The kid just wants to play footy but the coach wants to hide him . Taylor is bigger than most of the guys in our side and bennet thinks he needs protection, he is joking right??

Coxy said:

Taylor can do wonderful things but WB wants experienced guys, so he has gone with the average Kenny.

For this game I think it is the right move, it will be torrid.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.