Broncos Vs. Storm *SPOILER*

I've had a read through the thread and can basically sum up my feelings in one word.. shattered.

We had that game.

And agree with what ning said a few pages ago - the Storm are grubs (Jeremy Smith is the king of the grubs). Every team wrestles but they just take it to another level.

ethos said:
I've had a read through the thread and can basically sum up my feelings in one word.. shattered.

We had that game.

And agree with what ning said a few pages ago - the Storm are grubs (Jeremy Smith is the king of the grubs). Every team wrestles but they just take it to another level.

Rugby League, as it's played right now, needs a lot of work ....

Also, have to question Bennett's use of the bench.

Joel Clinton came off after about 15mins and did not get back on the field at all. Granted he made a few errors but we could have really used a fresh-ish pair of legs during the second half.

ethos said:

Joel Clinton came off after about 15mins and did not get back on the field at all. Granted he made a few errors but we could have really used a fresh-ish pair of legs during the second half.

Joel Clinton needs a VERY BIG season next year .... [icon_thumbs_do

man im so shattered. I was already celebrating then we lost the freakin ball. Then melb got the try. Talk about devastating.

ethos said:

I agree.

Considering he's been one of our best in the last six or so weeks, i was extremely surprised by his lack of involvement.

I hope there is a reason behind it other than dropping the ball twice.

KrispyKris said:
man im so shattered. I was already celebrating then we lost the freakin ball. Then melb got the try. Talk about devastating.

KK still posts here? [icon_razz1

lol. Long story short...moved to a brand new estate 2 months ago and we cant get adsl or anything. I'm using my mobile to finally go on bhq lol. Thanks for noticing my return nnn lol.

* **** Melbourne

* **** the Media

* **** Shane Hayne

* **** the NRL

thank you.

p.s. lay off ashton, yeah hes been not that great all year and taylor prob shouldve had his spot, but blaming the loss solely on him because he lost the ball, something the broncos did a LOT of times before that, is pretty harsh.

their was less than 80 seconds to go. All they had to do was hold onto the ball and defend down the other end of the field for 3-4 tackles. But no, Sims dropped it (AT A CRUCIAL TIME) and only 25/30 metres out from the broncos own line. Blaming it on him is entirely fair, he is paid how much money to play this game? he made the error, it is his fault we lost the game. If he didn't drop that ball, Brisbane win.

ningnangnong said:
I don't want to sound really negative here, but i feel it's going to be a good few years before we come that close to making the Grand Final.

I really thought this year was going to be ours.

Now we're losing Kemp, Boyd, Eastwood, Carroll, Ennis and Hannant.

Someone said it earlier, it's the end of an era with WB's departure.

Rebuilding begins now.

Agreed, this was the year. My theory was, one more premiership under Locky, I don't know how we will go anymore, our forwards were based around Ennis, we need a different structure AGAIN, and we were finally teething the one we currently had. I have to say, not having a permanent number since walters has hurt us beyond end, and ESPECIALLY since 04 when Locky became our playmaker.

I feel for Sims, BUT what has been posted is true, regardless of ALL previous incidents in the game, the fact is, it was 14-12 with a minute to go, you hold on to the ball and get to your kick down the other end. Game over. THAT is FACT. I feel for him because he will never forgive himself for it.

craig88 said:
their was less than 80 seconds to go. All they had to do was hold onto the ball and defend down the other end of the field for 3-4 tackles. But no, Sims dropped it (AT A CRUCIAL TIME) and only 25/30 metres out from the broncos own line. Blaming it on him is entirely fair, he is paid how much money to play this game? he made the error, it is his fault we lost the game. If he didn't drop that ball, Brisbane win.

if lockyer catches that pass from hodges, Brisbane win.

If the broncos could went to catch the ball instead of milling around the in goal area for slaters try, Brisbane win.

If moon could defend, Brisbane win.

cant be blamed solely on sims, as much as im sure u would like to have a scapegoat.

^
I feel for Sims, BUT what has been posted is true, regardless of ALL previous incidents in the game, the fact is, it was 14-12 with a minute to go, you hold on to the ball and get to your kick down the other end. Game over. THAT is FACT. I feel for him because he will never forgive himself for it.

Sims' dropped ball was the reason why we lost in the end. All other cases can have excuses, but like everyone else said dropping the ball with a minute to go in our own half is inexcusable. That pretty much summed up his entire season for mine.

pennywisealfie said:
craig88 said:

if lockyer catches that pass from hodges, Brisbane win.

If the broncos could went to catch the ball instead of milling around the in goal area for slaters try, Brisbane win.

If moon could defend, Brisbane win.

cant be blamed solely on sims, as much as im sure u would like to have a scapegoat.

And again, courtesy of 'lockyer47':
'I feel for Sims, BUT what has been posted is true, regardless of ALL previous incidents in the game, the fact is, it was 14-12 with a minute to go, you hold on to the ball and get to your kick down the other end. Game over. THAT is FACT. I feel for him because he will never forgive himself for it.'

Except sorry, i don't feel for him, at all. He & Clinton will NEVER be true broncos in my eyes.

Why didn't we go the 2? Eaten up the clock for starters. When we don't want them to do it they do and don't keep the pressure on. Last night they didn't need to put the pressure on, just eat up the clock and Storm wouldn't have had time to score again. :evil:

Big conrats to the team for holding firm and staying together solid as a unit after such a week of shit.
Pressure on Locky this week must have been enormous and to lose it that way was utterly devestating. Seeing WB so excited in the box after Bens almost try and then to lose it was gut wrenching.

Bennett will just say "That's footy" and so it is.
We have ripped it from other teams many many times in the past in a similar fashion and hey that is so exciting for us. This time we are on the other end. This time is one of the many times when once again i say "My league following days are over" and cry.

What JW said. icon_thumbs_u

bianc said:
Why didn't we go the 2? Eaten up the clock for starters. When we don't want them to do it they do and don't keep the pressure on. Last night they didn't need to put the pressure on, just eat up the clock and Storm wouldn't have had time to score again. :evil:

I haven't seen the replay ( don't want to) but I think someone tossed the ball away and the ref stopped the clock pretty well straight away I agree, at the time I was screaming to take the 2.

As for the last minute, they should have been running from half, most good teams would in that situation, it's the easiest way to avoid big contact and you could let the Storm wrestle all they wanted, of course they wouldn't have and we would have got quick play the balls and room for a decent kick.
[icon_shru

Active Now

• Astro
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.